As an almost day 1 fan of the 'Souls-Like' genre, Bloodborne is objectively the WORST 'souls-like' game of them all despite being a great game...

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
If you wanna talk about parrying making the game easier, you should also bring up how magic builds in every dark souls game is basically easy mode. It's cool that you can make a magic build in dark souls, but the enemys feel like they weren't designed to take into account range based characters.

I don't get how you can post this and completely miss my point. Dark Souls is an RPG because IT GAVE YOU THE CHOICE TO DO THAT. Magic is OP, particularly in Demon's Souls. Doesn't change the fact the beginning of any Souls game is BRUTAL for a magic character because they aren't getting the survivability stats and they don’t get the good difference making spells until around the midway point of the game. I'd argue it has the hardest learning curve and progression of any type of build, see what I said there any type of build something that Bloodborne does not have BUILDS.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It literally does not have all the elements. It has very few actually. Player choice in how you build a character and approach the game and level design are huge factors into what makes a souls game. It has always been like that from the beginning of the Souls genre. Bloodborne is an action game first and a RPG second. Dark Souls is a RPG first and an action game second. The whole style and method to approaching the game from progression to how you fukking fight is different. About the only thing Bloodborne really has in common with Dark Souls is NG+ and it is somewhat difficult for some people. You're being purposefully obtuse to not notice the big differences between the games, they aren't even the same genre bruh.

I don't even think Bloodborne is a bad game, thiloos rant came from me paying $20 for a Souls-Like in Thymesia and playing it and within 20 minutes I realize it's a budget version of Bloodborne, not Dark Souls which is what they are advertising it as.1
Breh, I think you're just retarded.

You think souls like means it literally just another dark souls game. The level design is clearly similar to dark souls, the difficulty is similar to dark souls, the enemy design and boss fights are similar to dark souls, the combat is a faster pace version of dark souls, It has rpg elements, different styles of play with different weapons like dark souls. The combat is slow and deliberate like dark souls.

You're smoking crack if you think bloodborne has nothing in common with dark souls.

The rpg elements are the least important factor in a souls like game.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Breh, I think you're just retarded.

You think souls like means it literally just another dark souls game. The level design is clearly similar to dark souls, the difficulty is similar to dark souls, the enemy design and boss fights are similar to dark souls, the combat is a faster pace version of dark souls, It has rpg elements, different styles of play with different weapons like dark souls. The combat is slow and deliberate like dark souls.

You're smoking crack if you think bloodborne has nothing in common with dark souls.

The rpg elements are the least important factor in a souls like game.
You're a fukking moron bro and I'd almost be at the point I'd slap the shyt out of you in real life for not getting the fukking point. The level design is not similar to Dark Souls, Bloodborne is more straight line and linear. The 'difficulty ' is one of the few things it has somewhat in common. The enemy design and boss fights and combat are not like Dark Souls. Dark Souls is tactical, you do not heal for attacking an enemy you have to manage all your resources. Bloodborne rewards you for playing the game like a slower paced DMC, Dark Souls will kill you for that. There are no different styles of play in Bloodborne. It doesn't matter if you are a strength build, a skill build, an arcane build or a combination. Allnof them dodge at the same speeds, they all parry at the same speeds, all of their combat is based around twitch gameplay dodge, dodge, parry, riposte repeat. Dark Souls you CAN approach a fight like that, and if it will probably work, but it may not be the best option for that particular enemy or scenario.

The RPG elements are literally THE MOST IMPORTANT ELEMENT OF A SOULS GAME BECAUSE DARK SOULS IS A fukkING RPG, are you fukking stupid did ya mama drop you on the head as a child what the fukk bruh have you actually played a Souls game or did you start with Bloodborne and didn't play any of the Souls games. :heh:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
This post is entirely too long. Jeez man.
im-not-reading-that-no-reading.gif

we need more posts like this wish there was an r/truegaming equivalent on thecoli

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sekiro like Bloodborne is an action game with even lighter to non existant RPG elements than Bloodbornes already watered-down RPG elements. How they approach the gameplay is completely different from Dark Souls and trying to act like they are the same genre of game is infuriating because everything is copying Bloodborne and nobody wants to make an actual Souls like game because it isn't as accessible as Bloodborne was. I want my Metroidvania RPG back, I don't want more action games bruh.

Not sure if I’d call bloodborne accessible :patrice:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
You wouldn't do a damn thing in real life you autistic fakkit
I'd beat yo fukking ass bruh. If you in Dallas-Ft. Worth area we can run the fade tomorrow and you can get knocked out just like ya bytch ass daddy used to if he was even in ya bytch ass life, put an address and a time on that shyt I'll take off work for this hoe ass nikka. Otherwise shut yo peon ass up not realizing the fukking point cause you wanna argue like a hoe cause I don't dikkride your precious ass casual ass Bloodborne like it's the greatest thing to ever happen to this series.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
It's a 9/10 game.
You are smoking crack giving Bloodborne a 9/10 with all the frame pacing and anti aliasing issues that plague the game.
I am sick and fukking tired of every single new spin off/clone of the genre trying to channel Bloodborne and not the masterpiece of the genre that is Dark Souls 3
DS3 :blessed:

Bloodborne forces you to play one way

I'd argue this is Bloodborne's strength and the main reason it isn't a named 'souls series' game, like DS2 the gameplay was tweaked to be more action oriented and there's nothing wrong with that, it's a spin off. Your first three points have to do with this and it's not entirely fair to the game, this is unfortunately popular with film criticism: Don't judge something negatively based on what you would have done or what you wish it was, judge the game based on what it is.
I'm saying this because I want a true Souls-Like game. Bloodborne and it's clones are not it.
Bloodborne is more like Sekiro than a numbered Souls games; an action game with light rpg elements for people that find Souls games intimidating. How you're feeling isn't fair to this stand-alone release, I don't like it either but it's not really for me.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I'd beat yo fukking ass bruh. If you in Dallas-Ft. Worth area we can run the fade tomorrow and you can get knocked out just like ya bytch ass daddy used to if he was even in ya bytch ass life, put an address and a time on that shyt I'll take off work for this hoe ass nikka. Otherwise shut yo peon ass up not realizing the fukking point cause you wanna argue like a hoe cause I don't dikkride your precious ass casual ass Bloodborne like it's the greatest thing to ever happen to this series.
I garentee you wouldn't do a damn thing in real life, quoting movies thinking you're funny.

You're a fakkit writing long ass schizophrenic post, crying about slight changes in gameplay styles because your autistic ass can't handle minor changes in a fukking video game. I know for a fact you a bytch.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
You are smoking crack giving Bloodborne a 9/10 with all the frame pacing and anti aliasing issues that plague the game.

DS3 :blessed:

I'd argue this is Bloodborne's strength and the main reason it isn't a named 'souls series' game, like DS2 the gameplay was tweaked to be more action oriented and there's nothing wrong with that, it's a spin off. Your first three points have to do with this and it's not entirely fair to the game, this is unfortunately popular with film criticism: Don't judge something negatively based on what you would have done or what you wish it was, judge the game based on what it is.

Bloodborne is more like Sekiro than a numbered Souls games; an action game with light rpg elements for people that find Souls games intimidating. How you're feeling isn't fair to this stand-alone release, I don't like it either but it's not really for me.
My main issue is, is that the clones of these games aren't going heavy on the RPG part of the series, they are going more action oriented. I don't mind people making their own versions, most will suck, but some will be good. But I want an RPG first and foremost, it's my favorite part of the game, not the action elements to it. People are mad now, but in a few years will realize why the RPG elements were there. Hell even Star Wars made a Bloodborne clone with Fallen Order, I want more RPG in these games not less.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If you suck at Bloodborne, you just suck bruh the game is not hard to figure out.

I mean, its just as inaccessible as dark souls is. You’re dropped in a medical clinic with no weapons and a huge werewolf is standing between you and the exit. That is extremely unconventional compared to the hand holdy AAA games on the market. Then they pretty much put a weapon in your hand and throw you in the middle of a angry mob of demon-men, giants, rabid dogs, giant crows, more werewolves, a surprise boss battle, etc.

Its the same formula different package. Bloodborne is more about speed and being aggressive, where dark souls is more about patience and timing. I honestly dont think one is any easier than the other. Theres a million ways to break a souls game, theres less ways to break bloodborne.

And you’re just not going to get a real “souls” experience in anything but a Miyazaki game. It’s just not possible to properly replicate.

Better to play games that have the essence of what makes souls games good, like hollowknight