ARTICLE: Black Women Should look for husbands, not extra degrees

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I can usually tell where a womans head is at when she lists why she is a good catch and the first thing out her mouth are her degrees.

Im not saying a degree is a bad thing to have, its great, but they need to realize a degree is way down on the list of attributes a man looks for in a woman.

Damn. you hit on something right here. But I got a feeling this may go over a lot of people heads and get slept on in this thread.

emerald

Mother Earth
Daps
Reppin
charlotte, nc
i read this on another forum and I have to agree with the fact that this article is basically saying black women should give up their goals of receiving an education and obtaining a career in order to find a husband.

don't forget that an article just recently came out that college enrollment among black women is at an all time high so c00ns and racists will do anything to discourage progress in the black community, especially when it comes to their main target which is the black woman.

it's all bullshyt.

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
i read this on another forum and I have to agree with the fact that this article is basically saying black women should give up their goals of receiving an education and obtaining a career in order to find a husband.

don't forget that an article just recently came out that college enrollment among black women is at an all time high so c00ns and racists will do anything to discourage progress in the black community, especially when it comes to their main target which is the black woman.

it's all bullshyt.

what forum? link ?

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Its not the education, its the false since of entitlement that comes with it. Black men have the same issue. Why do we feel the need to tell someone you have your degree when you just first meet them, (Has happened to me many times) and why do we feel the degree give us a reason "Not to settle " after you earn it. Who the fcuk doesn't settle in a relationship?!?! :mindblown:

Black Men/Women shouldn't change the focus on education, but change the ideal that it automatically makes you better than those without. That is where the disconnect lies....

This is the realest chit i've read on here all day.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I could care less if a woman has her degree. Can you cook? Do you have children out of wedlock?

I don't need your money as long as your not a stripper or some video model ho I could care less about your degree or occupation

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
i'm sorry but it's a private forum with mostly black women and you have to be a paid member to view but most of the women who read the article, disagreed.
Im pretty sure I read it where you did since my sister is a member but I think a lot of people were being emotional in the thread cause of the site the article comes from. The chick even says in the article if you can goto school you should that's why at times on here, there, anywhere I wonder do people just read shyt or just get emotional and say fukk it.
@DemureNatural I'm pretty sure ole boy was asking about the mb @natural was reading the thread on which is private well at least that section where this same discussion is is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
The DMV
Im pretty sure I read it where you did since my sister is a member but I think a lot of people were being emotional in the thread cause of the site the article comes from. The chick even says in the article if you can goto school you should that's why at times on here, there, anywhere I wonder do people just read shyt or just get emotional and say fukk it.
@DemureNatural I'm pretty sure ole boy was asking about the mb @natural was reading the thread on which is private well at least that section where this same discussion is is.

I figured; I just wanted to point him to a (black woman's) site where the story was posted, so they could read the different perspectives from some BW's POV.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
:hmph: but none of these reasons has ever stopped black women from laying up with these type of men and producing multiple children by them. one could argue a lot of black women are comfortable with these type of men, and gravitate towards them.

:russ:

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
:patrice:
The article seems like it is trying to dictate what an individuals priorities should be.

:thinking: I believe men seek their potential wives and women accept their potential husbands. So I honestly can't see how pursuing education can keep one from being married, if one is ready to open themselves up to be married.

When a man is ready to marry he will begin seeking out a potential wife. When a woman is ready to be married she will open her self up to be pursued by that potential husband. If one is not ready to be married then I don't see any issue in shifting your focus to something else( this is for men and women). Especially if you feel it may benefit you. I believe pursuing a degree of any kind while working on getting married is realistic and manageable. But that's only if one actually wants both.

I appreciate and prefer a woman with some type of post secondary education. (but the article is focused on graduate and additional degrees)

YouLoveMe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I'll try to tackle this.....

I agree and advocate that black women should spend less time going for the highest degrees and more time looking for husbands or potential long term partners. Many don't want to admit it but a big reason why black women go to school at record rates is because they don't have that safety net of a man to provide for them so they're faced with no other choice but to be independent and get their own shyt. There's nothing wrong with that but it's just the fact of the matter.

But at the same time I think that it's a tad unrealistic and a bit unfair to expect black women to all find Mr.Right in college because assuming that black women are interested in black men they're gonna have a hard time finding a man because of the sheer numbers alone. It's a well known fact that black women outstandingly outnumber black men in institutions of higher education so the odds are already against them to find a man on their level. There are many colleges where black men are a small minority on campus especially at hbcu's where some are 70% female and 30% male. And you also have to factor in compatibility once you meet someone just because you're both college educated doesn't mean you will click.

So I agree with the theory but it's kinda skating on thin ice when you look at it.:manny:
:mindblown: Provide?? Who am i...her servant?

:beli: How bout we provide for each other. Ain't no one way street with me.