ARTICLE: Black Women Should look for husbands, not extra degrees

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
Now when these bad decisions manifest themselves into national news stories about "72% of black women with kids being unmarried", they STILL don't collectively look at themselves. They blame the media. Then they blame the men they slept with. They blame their absent fathers or their whoremongering mothers. They blame everyone but themselves.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course you could. But men are far more willing to accept their own faults than women are. Mainly due to a woman's nature to protect her self esteem at all costs, even to a detriment.

I posted this on article on Facebook, and 4 or 5 single, educated FINE women came in calling it BS without even reading it.

Black women refuse to listen. Then they wonder why they end up in bad situations.

R&B has made a KILLING off the musical expression of the very problems Black women have allowed themselves in. There are no victims when a woman is 40 and unmarried. There are no victims when a woman has 3 kids out of wedlock. There are no victims when a woman overvalued the education system in hopes it would bring her material riches like she sees on TV. They are not victims... They are VOLUNTEERS.

All those are real life situations many black women have found themselves in, but when the few decent males in their lives tried to forwarn them about, they flat out chose not to heed wise instruction.

Which is worse, refusing to accept blame or acknowledging your faults and still not doing shyt to better yourself?

Plus, that article is pretty silly. Telling women instead of going back to school, they should look for a husband to help them financially. Isn't that what men don't want? A woman trying to use them for their money?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Which is worse, refusing to accept blame or acknowledging your faults and still not doing shyt to better yourself?

Plus, that article is pretty silly. Telling women instead of going back to school, they should look for a husband to help them financially. Isn't that what men don't want? A woman trying to use them for their money?

Women don't find husbands, husband's find them. Whether she wants a husband or not, getting married is out of a woman's control. I feel more strongly about getting my money right than I do about being married.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Women don't find husbands, husband's find them. Whether she wants a husband or not, getting married is out of a woman's control. I feel more strongly about getting my money right than I do about being married.

Do you know 80% of the issues in the black community will be solved if kids are born with fathers in the same house as the mother?

All these "independent, I don't need no man" folks have ruined our community.

truth hurts

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you know 80% of the issues in the black community will be solved if kids are born with fathers in the same house as the mother?

All these "independent, I don't need no man" folks have ruined our community.

truth hurts

I blame both men and us women for the issues in our community and there's nothing you could say to make me change that. I already know how you feel and respect your opinion regardless.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Now when these bad decisions manifest themselves into national news stories about "72% of black women with kids being unmarried", they STILL don't collectively look at themselves. They blame the media. Then they blame the men they slept with. They blame their absent fathers or their whoremongering mothers. They blame everyone but themselves.

And your prime examples for your adamant argument here are your black ass mama, sisters, aunties, grandmas, cousins, etc. right? Since you have so much experience with these types... :laugh:

Y'all nikkas writin paragraphs, heated about this ish too early in the morning. :whew:

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
Let's keep it real. What kind of degrees are these women really getting like that? I don't know too many black female physicists but I know a bunch of a black female wannabe sociologists/nurses. I'm not dumping on folks for getting theirs but not all degrees are created equal. You can't build a community with a bunch of liberal arts majors. I wish people would slow down with this corporate executive black woman fallacy.

iamstr8fire

Apex Predator
Daps
Reppin
In The Thunder and Rain
I figured I should read the article before posting and I'm glad I did. In my opinion the core argument here is that black women are either

1) Going to college and not graduating

2) Going to college at an age in which the degree isn't going to bring them financial benefit.

Those are problems that need to be addressed b/c people are out here throwing money in the trash. The correlation to 'finding a husband' is just silly. Having a husband won't magically fix bad decision making, it will just drag someone else into it.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Of course you could. But men are far more willing to accept their own faults than women are. Mainly due to a woman's nature to protect her self esteem at all costs, even to a detriment.

I posted this on article on Facebook, and 4 or 5 single, educated FINE women came in calling it BS without even reading it.

Black women refuse to listen. Then they wonder why they end up in bad situations.

All those are real life situations many black women have found themselves in, but when the few decent males in their lives tried to forwarn them about, they flat out chose not to heed wise instruction.

Very good point, and ofcourse there is always the exceptions, There has been too many times where I have tried to help women with issues they complain about all the time, and all they do is not listen and continue to complain. Or when they act like they dont understand what men want and after I tell them they ignore it and act like that cant be right. It's like they are so quick to think they have us figured out, but always want to group us in with the other no good nikkas they been with.

Let's keep it real. What kind of degrees are these women really getting like that? I don't know too many black female physicists but I know a bunch of a black female wannabe sociologists/nurses. I'm not dumping on folks for getting theirs but not all degrees are created equal. You can't build a community with a bunch of liberal arts majors. I wish people would slow down with this corporate executive black woman fallacy.

YES, I'm tired of meeting black women with behavioral science degrees or wannabe nurses. i literally think out of all the women I have met that have or are working on degrees, 99% of them are one or the other, and when I ask them what made them get those degrees, they always say... I'm just interested in this subject:facepalm: I'm like do social workers make enough money, how do you plan on using that degree to maintain a living. I think these women spend all this time going to school then when they have their maters or PHD they then try to find a man that will support them..

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
An educated black man does not have to go out of his way to find a regular non-educated chick. Unless the guy is a CEO of some company he gonna be hanging in regular folks spots. When i go to a lounge to chill there is no way to tell which of the chicks in there are college educated and which ones arent just by looking. I go to the same malls and grocery stores as people whose salary i dwarf by 3 times. If i meet a chick thats cool and we vibing im not gonna kick her to the curb when i find out she isnt as educated as i am. That would be idiotic. Yet, for some reason women have no problem doing that.

Have you ever met the wives of some of the doctors, lawyers, politicians, etc...in your area? A lot of those chicks are dumb as fukk but their husbands elevated their status so much that you just assume they have something going on upstairs. I know chicks who are supposedly the head of foundations and charities that i wouldnt trust to run a bingo game. All they are good at is running their mouth and looking important at social settings.
I had to dap this up since you just said the same thing I said but just in more detail lol You know I agree though

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

Prolific posting!

Art Barr

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
:patrice:

I love my educated sistas.................................... I hate the glut of educated, financially secure black women wanting a black man :to:

Polygamy?? :lupe:
Polygamy.jpg

46502559_mbeleandbrides2.jpg

The-real-meaning-behind-polygamy.jpg

polygamy.jpg

.........................................what's blacker (more Afrocentric) than that ..... :yeshrug: :manny:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Any article suggesting not just black women, but any group of people should not pursue higher education should be dismissed off top.