ARTICLE: Black Women Should look for husbands, not extra degrees

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This problem isn't exclusive to black women though, there's more and more professional women going unmarried in to their thirties. Do you, live your dream, but truth be told, a chick who wants to get married/have kids should atleast be looking by 23/24. Your physical prime is about five/seven years before ours, life is good for you in your early 20s but once the thirties start nearing :whew:

Pretty Much. No Dice at age 40

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its not the education, its the false since of entitlement that comes with it. Black men have the same issue. Why do we feel the need to tell someone you have your degree when you just first meet them, (Has happened to me many times) and why do we feel the degree give us a reason "Not to settle " after you earn it. Who the fcuk doesn't settle in a relationship?!?! :mindblown:

Black Men/Women shouldn't change the focus on education, but change the ideal that it automatically makes you better than those without. That is where the disconnect lies....

Good point. I saw a dude graduate from Community College and you can't tell him NOTHING. Dude said he pisses excellence :heh:

I think when you're so used to being around people who don't have a degree, then I can see why you feel superior but if you network with enough people you'll always find someone with a better education than you. Ivy league grads have me like :to: compared to the school I went to so I was humbled from the jump.

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Its not the education, its the false since of entitlement that comes with it. Black men have the same issue. Why do we feel the need to tell someone you have your degree when you just first meet them, (Has happened to me many times) and why do we feel the degree give us a reason "Not to settle " after you earn it. Who the fcuk doesn't settle in a relationship?!?! :mindblown:

Black Men/Women shouldn't change the focus on education, but change the ideal that it automatically makes you better than those without. That is where the disconnect lies....

#TRUTHBOMBS :sadcam:

I agree. when I meet someone and they insist on telling me what they got their degree in or where they went to school im always like :dahell: cus I give no fukcs. An education makes nobody better than anybody else and its nothing anyone should brag about.

FreddyCalhoun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
I have two jobs....I'm to the point now that I tell them I work at Home Depot and not mention my actual career. These H-Town broads hear them "buzz" words and start to planning how they can get their Car Note paid... :childplease:

#TRUTHBOMBS :sadcam:

I agree. when I meet someone and they insist on telling me what they got their degree in or where they went to school im always like :dahell: cus I give no fukcs. An education makes nobody better than anybody else and its nothing anyone should brag about.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I have two jobs....I'm to the point now that I tell them I work at Home Depot and not mention my actual career. These H-Town broads hear them "buzz" words and start to planning how they can get their Car Note paid... :childplease:
Man it's not just the H town broads. My sister on this hair mb and these chicks have a thread on trying to get a rich man. Me and you aren't probably who they looking for but the fact that this shyt is up has me like modern dating is turning into whitewashed prostitution. At this point is so sad it's funny but some chicks wondering why dudes not signing on to be with them. Ain't no sex while I'm a single person that good. Now if I was a cheater in a marriage on the other hand $$$ would have to be paid for silence :myman:

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Thats females everywhere unless she has some sense. I don't blame you for not disclosing what your doing because chicks hold on to that and try to stick around because they see your potential. So a lot of times chick isn't dating you for you, she's dating your degree and your earning potential. smdh.. i see the shyt every day.

I hate when I'm dating someone and in the first 5 mins a muhfukka is like.. "oh, what does he do? what school did he go to? and what did he get his degree in" all with the :krs: face.

cant stand that shyt :snoop:

FreddyCalhoun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
Man it's not just the H town broads. My sister on this hair mb and these chicks have a thread on trying to get a rich man. Me and you aren't probably who they looking for but the fact that this shyt is up has me like modern dating is turning into whitewashed prostitution. At this point is so sad it's funny but some chicks wondering why dudes not signing on to be with them. Ain't no sex while I'm a single person that good. Now if I was a cheater in a marriage on the other hand $$$ would have to be paid for silence :myman:

Yep!!! I like that term

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
This article is bullshyt...

My Mom, My Sister, and My wife all got their college degrees.

They all married black men

None of them have been divorced.

Real Life > Bullshyt Logic

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
Here is the answer to this article,
if you are a african american male/female family member,
who has a degree and is married,
if your relationship is successful,
it's either because,
A. You come from a family with money,
B. You have money to live comfortable(happily),
yes it it true,
most african americans will to mature until their early 30's-40's,
by then life has passed you by and it's too late.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
How bout "us" black men raise our standards and focus on success rather than swagg.. How bout we start going to college and getting our degrees at a higher rate. How bout we give our women better option of men in ourselves where they feel like they do not have to lower their standards or op out on our race.

but the truth is black people we do not love ourselves.

black Man get rich or come from money and marry white, black women get rich or come from money and marry white! We are in constant need of validation from our former slave owners and that shyt saddens me.

tumblr_mf9j6bY1W21rkkme9o1_500.png

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
I agree :wow:. Idk bruh, a lot of females just go after the wrong type of dudes and then complain that "aint no good men out here :sadcam:" when they either over look them or don't even notice them.

The bolded is the truest ish you ever typed......(speaking from a male perspective)