ARTICLE: Black Women Should look for husbands, not extra degrees

Daps
Reppin
NULL
guys dont care about degrees, or how much yu make, or your masters, or doctorate. There is a reason why the ceo is marrying his secretary, the dr is marrying his nurse, the lawyer is marrying his legal assistant etc.

all these 35 year old dr. myrna smith looking for their men and looking down at the mechanic, plumber, the 9-5 reg cubicle worker well :pacspit:

This statement usually comes from guys who aren't CEOs, doctors or lawyers, or don't really know that many. I personally haven't seen a well educated black guy go for a woman who wasn't exceptional in some way. They have a lot of options, why not try to maximize them? I see more accomplished black women dating "down" that I do black men, because for the women, the options just aren't there.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
This statement usually comes from guys who aren't CEOs, doctors or lawyers, or don't really know that many. I personally haven't seen a well educated black guy go for a woman who wasn't exceptional in some way.

The bold is the pendulum.

Dudes are checkin' for ladies who are exceptionally beautiful, exceptionally cool, exceptional cooks, and/or exceptional diccsuckers, before they're checking for exceptional certs/degrees. That's nice if it's there, but at best it's the olive in the martini.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

The bold is the pendulum.

Dudes are checkin' for ladies who are exceptionally beautiful, exceptionally cool, exceptional cooks, and/or exceptional diccsuckers, before they're checking for exceptional certs/degrees. That's nice if it's there, but at best it's the olive in the martini.

Okay, but people generally date people who run in the same circles. It's unlikely that a educated is going to go out of his way to get a girl out of the hood or whatever somewhere, when there are more than enough educated girls who are bringing it in the above areas hanging out in the same circles that he is.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Okay, but people generally date people who run in the same circles. It's unlikely that a educated is going to go out of his way to get a girl out of the hood or whatever somewhere, when there are more than enough educated girls who are bringing it in the above areas hanging out in the same circles that he is.

I can see why you would say that and I agree...

However, "a educated" ( :aicmon: ) doesn't have to "go out of his way" to get a girl. The post you quoted from Reincar said it well - a lot of professional men are hitting up whomever is in their vicinity (read: "circle") around their workplace, especially if she's "bringing it in the above areas". The status of said female is on the backburner compared "the above areas" with men.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
The thing for the most part at least from what I see cats might not be going to the hood but they are going to similar places. shyt it's not like most people are caking like that where they around nothing but super rich people. It's probably like this in most citites at least in the US

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The i dont need a man if men do it i can do it movement has only led to breeding fukkin lunatics.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

An educated black man does not have to go out of his way to find a regular non-educated chick. Unless the guy is a CEO of some company he gonna be hanging in regular folks spots. When i go to a lounge to chill there is no way to tell which of the chicks in there are college educated and which ones arent just by looking. I go to the same malls and grocery stores as people whose salary i dwarf by 3 times. If i meet a chick thats cool and we vibing im not gonna kick her to the curb when i find out she isnt as educated as i am. That would be idiotic. Yet, for some reason women have no problem doing that.

Have you ever met the wives of some of the doctors, lawyers, politicians, etc...in your area? A lot of those chicks are dumb as fukk but their husbands elevated their status so much that you just assume they have something going on upstairs. I know chicks who are supposedly the head of foundations and charities that i wouldnt trust to run a bingo game. All they are good at is running their mouth and looking important at social settings.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
More like a woman shouldn't think that merely obtaining a degree makes her worthy of having a husband. Why would I downtalk a woman who is out there educating herself and improving her economic prospects? The problem comes when she thinks she's big boss lady and that having a degree makes her 'worthy' of a husband. Bottom line is men don't look at a woman's degree as a sufficient trait in and of itself for qualifying a woman to be a wife. It's one criteria amongst many, and past the point of her being reasonably self-sufficient and not ending up as a huge economic burden to him, most men couldn't care less about a woman's career achievements. The 'attitude' that comes with some of these women when they get degrees is what turns men off. You only want to 'date up', but you also want to run things. Doesn't work like that.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You can not mate with a degree.
This shyt is about mating, first.
Females have become freed from slavery.
Yet, still live their life trapped in the traditionalisms of slavery, still.
Or even worse,...
Are eic vampires stuck/trapped in the social ills of expert project mentality.
In general, most black females with degrees.
Are still looking for a provider.
When, a provider does not exist even in current marital laws.
You will never have a successful relationship with a mate.
If it is not built on successfully being a mate to someone first.

You may never find someone with your exact ideal financial to settle with.
Nor, should you be worried about finances.
When, you can not even get the mating part of finding a mate, right.

look for a mate, when you are looking to mate.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Its not the education, its the false since of entitlement that comes with it. Black men have the same issue. Why do we feel the need to tell someone you have your degree when you just first meet them, (Has happened to me many times) and why do we feel the degree give us a reason "Not to settle " after you earn it. Who the fcuk doesn't settle in a relationship?!?! :mindblown:

Black Men/Women shouldn't change the focus on education, but change the ideal that it automatically makes you better than those without. That is where the disconnect lies....

Prolific posting!

Art Barr

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
I could say the same thing with black males.

Of course you could. But men are far more willing to accept their own faults than women are. Mainly due to a woman's nature to protect her self esteem at all costs, even to a detriment.

I posted this on article on Facebook, and 4 or 5 single, educated FINE women came in calling it BS without even reading it.

Black women refuse to listen. Then they wonder why they end up in bad situations.

R&B has made a KILLING off the musical expression of the very problems Black women have allowed themselves in. There are no victims when a woman is 40 and unmarried. There are no victims when a woman has 3 kids out of wedlock. There are no victims when a woman overvalued the education system in hopes it would bring her material riches like she sees on TV. They are not victims... They are VOLUNTEERS.

All those are real life situations many black women have found themselves in, but when the few decent males in their lives tried to forwarn them about, they flat out chose not to heed wise instruction.