ARTICLE: Black Women Should look for husbands, not extra degrees

emerald

Mother Earth
Daps
Reppin
charlotte, nc
Im pretty sure I read it where you did since my sister is a member but I think a lot of people were being emotional in the thread cause of the site the article comes from. The chick even says in the article if you can goto school you should that's why at times on here, there, anywhere I wonder do people just read shyt or just get emotional and say fukk it.
@DemureNatural I'm pretty sure ole boy was asking about the mb @natural was reading the thread on which is private well at least that section where this same discussion is is.

actually some disagreed before even doing research on the actual source of the article. so it's not like those opinions were completely biased. you have to admit, it's a very touchy subject.

Last edited by a moderator:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
actually some disagreed before even doing research on the actual source of the article. so it's not like those opinions were completely biased. you have to admit, it's a very touchy subject.
True but it just feels like on alot of sites people can't say something that isn't ass kissing without folks thinking its a full out assault on them. That's where the bias comes in at just try to see things from another perspective first and that's for anybody not just women on that site. I'll agree I can see how it's a touchy subject but I also feel people get to sensitive about these things and low key like them so they can have something to complain/talk about. I'm pretty sure we can find positive articles about BW/BM but these types of topics do the best numbers and folks then wonder why they keep getting pumped out.

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I dont see why they cant find a man while their in college.

But Im not gonna sit here and say that I haven't seen plenty of black women I know get their degrees and think all the good men are gonna flock to them as first pickings for marriage. Like the degree puts them on another level compared to other women who don't have their degrees but are in college.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I don't think it's insecurity at all just truth. You can do what you want but don't bytch when you make your decision and shyt dont go the way you like which women do. Everybody does but we are talking women in this discussion. Also as far seeking a higher caliber mate she can do that just like I could sell a house in the hood for 2 million but who going to buy it? A women that has money that she usually not trying to let you see the benefits of anyway (cause she's old fashioned) has the same appeal as a chick with no money. When that's factored in it comes down to looks and personality and some of,these chicks get cocky like a dude in a similar position. Thing is it don't make guys like them like it works for them. If that's insecurity a lot of guys will be ok with that IMO.
Hidden gem right here.

I make pretty good money myself and I've gone out with chicks who make- or at least claim to make more than me.. I've picked up the tab here and there at bars or restaurants no problem but truthfully alot of them are tightwads. The through ones break bread here and there. Dating wise most times there is no pluses or positives when going out with professional women with a degree or multiple degrees. Its just like going out with a broke broad.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Hidden gem right here.

I make pretty good money myself and I've gone out with chicks who make- or at least claim to make more than me.. I've picked up the tab here and there at bars or restaurants no problem but truthfully alot of them are tightwads. The through ones break bread here and there. Dating wise most times there is no pluses or positives when going out with professional women with a degree or multiple degrees. Its just like going out with a broke broad.
Same thing here but they try to use that as a plus. It can't be a plus if your not going to use it to your advantage. Hell if anything I see it as a negative because I'm looking at you like your selfish and who wants a selfish lifelong partner?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I can usually tell where a womans head is at when she lists why she is a good catch and the first thing out her mouth are her degrees.

Im not saying a degree is a bad thing to have, its great, but they need to realize a degree is way down on the list of attributes a man looks for in a woman.
Anyone who lists why they are a good catch is a dummy

Anyone who has to ask someone they are dating why they are a good catch is not far behind :mjpls:

sweetthoughts

Rookie
Daps
Lol this thread is hilarious. Basically just do you, if you want a less educated woman thats cool, just dont complain about being the breadwinner or having less combined joint income.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I don't know why they need to find a mate in college like a lot of you are suggesting either.

This shyt is dumb all the way around and its a troll article.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
:mindblown: Provide?? Who am i...her servant?

:beli: How bout we provide for each other. Ain't no one way street with me.

:whoa: I'm not talking about giving bytches free rides, I'm talking about having some she can fall back on if she loses her job or quits :whew:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
she started off good but i had to stop when she started talking about you cant earn more money in your 30's. thats a bunch of bs. if choose the right career, you can earn a higher salary. the one thing i hate is black women always bragging about going back to school. posting their report cards. its like they want some attention. saying they got a 3.8 gpa yet they only taking 2 classes and going for their associates.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
guys dont care about degrees, or how much yu make, or your masters, or doctorate. There is a reason why the ceo is marrying his secretary, the dr is marrying his nurse, the lawyer is marrying his legal assistant etc.

all these 35 year old dr. myrna smith looking for their men and looking down at the mechanic, plumber, the 9-5 reg cubicle worker well :pacspit:

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
broke guys dont care about degrees, or how much yu make, or your masters, or doctorate. There is a reason why the ceo is marrying his secretary, the dr is marrying his nurse, the lawyer is marrying his legal assistant etc. and ending up with lopsided divorce settlements in the end

Fixed. :mjpls:

More often than not you will see men who will fukk their secretaries/assistants, not actually marry them, on some sexual fetish/fantasy steeze. Smart men do not value menial/average women. And even so, most secretary jobs require some sort of bachelor's degree anyway today.