ARTICLE: Black Women Should look for husbands, not extra degrees

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

So when does looks factor into this?

There are many black males who don't have any of those negative qualities tho who will date a black female. The thing is that they look average and thusly get looked over for the more popular males and get ignored.

That's who black women should marry if they want a black man.

I agree :wow:. Idk bruh, a lot of females just go after the wrong type of dudes and then complain that "aint no good men out here :sadcam:" when they either over look them or don't even notice them.

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That's the conflict the author is trying to highlight

Notice she never talks about the TYPE of man or dating pattern that these woman are following. She's specifically talking about the perceived benefit of one action over the other.

But you know how the coli does........

Yep. we already know:skip:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
So its our fault that women's biological clocks stop ticking before ours do? :pachaha:

Women don't mind taking advantage of their physical primes during their teens early 20's, why should we have to settle down while our own options are steadily increasing? :rudy:
:patrice: I know it's a touchy situation breh, I struggle with it everyday thinking about which route I wanna go in

The question is are you willing to sacrifice your prime of dating all types of shorties :ohlawd: for building a progressive family with a woman :mjpls: The choice is yours

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:patrice: I know it's a touchy situation breh, I struggle with it everyday thinking about which route I wanna go in

The question is are you willing to sacrifice your prime of dating all types of shorties :ohlawd: for building a progressive family with a woman :mjpls: The choice is yours

And the sad thing about it is most of ya'll (not all) see this decision as life or death :snoop:

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang

HELL YES. :damn:

You're a MAN. Take advantage of it. They get free drinks, free dinners, and easy sex. We get to marry/conceive pretty much whenever we want. Thems the breaks :youngsabo:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
this just reads as insecurity tho, breh. You're basically saying that if a woman goes to college, shes likely to gain self-esteem and seek a higher caliber or quality of man. Thats neither here nor there, but I dont think its necessarily a bad thing.

Its crazy, because a lot of you cats (i cant say you specifically, but a lot of niqqas around here) bemoan divorce laws endlessly, when women get broken off in settlements. Those settlements are because a gang of women are unemployed or under-employed and uneducated, and thus are financially dependent on the man. Well, if they have their own career, and possess a degree than one sided settlements are less likely. Now thats a problem! Pick a side.

All I know is this...anyone discouraging my people to better themselves though education is on some ol' bullchit.
I don't think it's insecurity at all just truth. You can do what you want but don't bytch when you make your decision and shyt dont go the way you like which women do. Everybody does but we are talking women in this discussion. Also as far seeking a higher caliber mate she can do that just like I could sell a house in the hood for 2 million but who going to buy it? A women that has money that she usually not trying to let you see the benefits of anyway (cause she's old fashioned) has the same appeal as a chick with no money. When that's factored in it comes down to looks and personality and some of,these chicks get cocky like a dude in a similar position. Thing is it don't make guys like them like it works for them. If that's insecurity a lot of guys will be ok with that IMO.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If y'all read the article, which you didn't, you'd notice that the author is talking about woman in their 30/40/50's who are single

She's pretty much saying that your quality of life is more important than the added loans you'd take out by going back to school.

Your quality of life doesn't have to suffer because you decide to educate yourself though. You don't have to take out loans in order to get an education.

FreddyCalhoun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
Its not the education, its the false since of entitlement that comes with it. Black men have the same issue. Why do we feel the need to tell someone you have your degree when you just first meet them, (Has happened to me many times) and why do we feel the degree give us a reason "Not to settle " after you earn it. Who the fcuk doesn't settle in a relationship?!?! :mindblown:

Black Men/Women shouldn't change the focus on education, but change the ideal that it automatically makes you better than those without. That is where the disconnect lies....

And black men need to want to get married. I am all for people loving whom they love but the majority of black women still want to marry a black man.

This type of convo is touchy because for so long all we could do was marry... no education no nothen. Now black women are more educated than ever and it's a problem:snoop:. I swear, no matter WHAT black women do or don't do, somebody will find blame in it all.

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
I guess Im missing the joke on why niqqas think its so hilarious that I liked studying with girls.

it was the 'midnight oil' part breh, not the fact you enjoyed studying with girls. Study sessions with my girl of the moment at college were good times. :smugfavre: