ARTICLE: Black Women Should look for husbands, not extra degrees

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
No one is saying one is better than the other...seems to me black women have OVER-prioritized one...I will let you figure that one out.

No way I complete my education without a father...I was a rebel growing up.
Only reason why I stayed in line is because I was scared of what the old man would do :pachaha:

Black women need to find husbands....

Truth hurts

And black men need to want to get married. I am all for people loving whom they love but the majority of black women still want to marry a black man.

This type of convo is touchy because for so long all we could do was marry... no education no nothen. Now black women are more educated than ever and it's a problem:snoop:. I swear, no matter WHAT black women do or don't do, somebody will find blame in it all.

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
8c6ddd8f_this-is-gonna-be-good.gif

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
:what: why is finding a significant other, and getting a higher education mutually exclusive? If anything, finding a mate at college is the ideal setting. SMH...discouraging black folks to pursue education, now if that aint demonic I dont know what is.
You know what I don't think they are but one thing I know about a nice amount of women is when they get money they think they are the equivalent of a league dude to them. That's where I think they go wrong. Some start getting money then don't want to settle and that is a big reason reason some women are now :flabbynsick: status but trying to get a max deal(aka marriage). It's a gift and a curse cause women (as a group) are funny to me on this. They want to goto school get money then want a guy with more than them to take care of them but when they see dudes marrying rite aid workers chicks :demonic: . You can do both but know the pros and cons and for fukks sake please take real shyt in college (both genders) not just basket weaving.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I'll try to tackle this.....

I agree and advocate that black women should spend less time going for the highest degrees and more time looking for husbands or potential long term partners. Many don't want to admit it but a big reason why black women go to school at record rates is because they don't have that safety net of a man to provide for them so they're faced with no other choice but to be independent and get their own shyt. There's nothing wrong with that but it's just the fact of the matter.

But at the same time I think that it's a tad unrealistic and a bit unfair to expect black women to all find Mr.Right in college because assuming that black women are interested in black men they're gonna have a hard time finding a man because of the sheer numbers alone. It's a well known fact that black women outstandingly outnumber black men in institutions of higher education so the odds are already against them to find a man on their level. There are many colleges where black men are a small minority on campus especially at hbcu's where some are 70% female and 30% male. And you also have to factor in compatibility once you meet someone just because you're both college educated doesn't mean you will click.

So I agree with the theory but it's kinda skating on thin ice when you look at it.:manny:

fukk it and marry white brehettes :manny:

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
And black men need to want to get married. I am all for people loving whom they love but the majority of black women still want to marry a black man.

This type of convo is touchy because for so long all we could do was marry... no education no nothen. Now black women are more educated than ever and it's a problem:snoop:. I swear, no matter WHAT black women do or don't do, somebody will find blame in it all.
Only black men put up with the "baggage" black women bring.

it's not a matter of black women finding men of other races, it's a matter of whether men of other races will put up with them.

Have you noticed a black girl who dates white boys "tries" to act white?:russ:

Have you asked yourself why????:obama3:

Truth hurts

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Is it really difficult for black women to find a potential husband in college...or is it their unwillingness to do so?

Everything isn't the black woman's fault but some need to take a hard look in the mirror and reflect on why things are the way they are. :yeshrug:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I can usually tell where a womans head is at when she lists why she is a good catch and the first thing out her mouth are her degrees.

Im not saying a degree is a bad thing to have, its great, but they need to realize a degree is way down on the list of attributes a man looks for in a woman.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually hope this thread doesn't get tossed to the race track. It seems like a healthy legit discussion.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This problem isn't exclusive to black women though, there's more and more professional women going unmarried in to their thirties. Do you, live your dream, but truth be told, a chick who wants to get married/have kids should atleast be looking by 23/24. Your physical prime is about five/seven years before ours, life is good for you in your early 20s but once the thirties start nearing :whew:

Life gets even better

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
How bout "us" black men raise our standards and focus on success rather than swagg.. How bout we start going to college and getting our degrees at a higher rate. How bout we give our women better option of men in ourselves where they feel like they do not have to lower their standards or op out on our race.

but the truth is black people we do not love ourselves.

black Man get rich or come from money and marry white, black women get rich or come from money and marry white! We are in constant need of validation from our former slave owners and that shyt saddens me.