ARTICLE: Black Women Should look for husbands, not extra degrees

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
ur taking it too literally tho, I mean for starters you can meet someone in college and not get married until far after post-graduation, but in general college is as good of an atmosphere as any to meet someone of the opposite sex, date, and overall experiment with preferences, leanings, and romantic wants/desires.

This is hella square of me, but I dont care. Some of my greatest moments of the opposite sex have been burning the midnight oil on some study session ish, with someone Im really feeling. :king:

mj-laughing.gif

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If everyone has some baggage like you claim, why do some black women accuse black men of not being able to "handle black women", that's why we decide to date other races of women?.

What makes a black woman separate from other races of women that she needs "handling" :rudy:

:pachaha: This shyt so off topic.

Everything is subjective in terms of "handling". :manny:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The fact of the matter is who are black women supposed to marry if most black men (for those who opt to date within their race solely) are either gay, locked up, or aint worth shyt (has baby mama's, unemployed, uneducated, not driven in life, has a criminal record, ect. )?

:hmph: but none of these reasons has ever stopped black women from laying up with these type of men and producing multiple children by them. one could argue a lot of black women are comfortable with these type of men, and gravitate towards them.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
How bout "us" black men raise our standards and focus on success rather than swagg.. How bout we start going to college and getting our degrees at a higher rate. How bout we give our women better option of men in ourselves where they feel like they do not have to lower their standards or op out on our race.

but the truth is black people we do not love ourselves.

black Man get rich or come from money and marry white, black women get rich or come from money and marry white! We are in constant need of validation from our former slave owners and that shyt saddens me.
You what saddens me when nikkas keep pumping incorrect shyt as truth. People marrying out are the minority not the norm. Really wish cats would get off that shyt makes me feel like cats mad they can't do it. Also fukk does swagg gotta do with success? I swear sometimes in our rush to be positive some of y'all sound like folks on st0rmfr0nt. Ole "If them nikkas wasn't worried about swagg they'd be successful" nikkas shyt don't make sense. You can have "swagg" and be successful. The other stuff I can agree with. Honestly men and women need to just hold themselves accountable for their actions and stop trying to place all or most of the blame on the opposite gender. On here I see that and if you goto a female mb you definitely see it. Only difference IMO is guys will get at each other way for that bashing the other gender shot more quicker than women will.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I think (IMO) that there is a sense of security some get from higher education that they have never experienced in their personal life. I can understand why a woman would continue to get degree after degree in her 30s and 40s only to end up alone if that is all she knows. :manny:

Especially if she believes that she has to do everything by herself and that she cant expect a man to be there for her.

That's the conflict the author is trying to highlight

Notice she never talks about the TYPE of man or dating pattern that these woman are following. She's specifically talking about the perceived benefit of one action over the other.

But you know how the coli does........

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
And black men need to want to get married. I am all for people loving whom they love but the majority of black women still want to marry a black man.

This type of convo is touchy because for so long all we could do was marry... no education no nothen. Now black women are more educated than ever and it's a problem:snoop:. I swear, no matter WHAT black women do or don't do, somebody will find blame in it all.

Yep. Following up my last post where I said black men are small in number on college campuses this creates a very volatile situation because the few black men that are on these campuses are like kids at a candy store. With all these beautiful educated women at their disposal they begin to feel like they never should settle down or that they should play the field and milk it for all it's worth.:blessed: (I'm guilty of this):mjpls: That creates a situation where the men aren't even looking to get married because they feel they have options. Throw in white women and other races of women interested in brothas and the pool of black men to choose from becomes a #strugglepool :dead: :skip:

All the more reason why it's a bit unfair to pin it all on black women.

This can change by raising and instilling values in more young black boys so that by the time they reach this point they have the maturity to know what the importance of being a father and husband brings to a community.

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:hmph: but none of these reasons has ever stopped black women from laying up with these type of men and producing multiple children by them. one could argue a lot of black women are comfortable with these type of men, and gravitate towards them.

Unfortunately, I agree :snoop:.

Folks have got to start teaching and raising their children better so we produce folks who are of a better caliber.

alot of times chicks just date or lay up with any ol body since it is better than being with no damn body. :wow:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Here yo ass go:rudy:

EVERYBODY has baggage... black, white, ect. Please don't act brand new sir:aicmon:

The fact of the matter is who are black women supposed to marry if most black men (for those who opt to date within their race solely) are either gay, locked up, or aint worth shyt (has baby mama's, unemployed, uneducated, not driven in life, has a criminal record, ect. )?

The ones who are equally as educated and have equally as much earning potential or more typically date white women... which is fine, but just stating facts.

I give no fukcs about who dates who whether they be black or white. :manny:
So when do looks factor into this?

There are many black males who don't have any of those negative qualities who will date a black female. The thing is that they look average and thusly get looked over for the more popular males and then the females get burned and hate all cuz of a few.

That's who black women should marry if they want a black man.

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
hell naw we didnt:pachaha:

I went back and read it and low key agree with the lady. However, I will never be against someone going back to school to better themselves if as they see fit. it's all about priorities.

Chelz you aign't reading too ? :rudy:

Yeah I agree with this woman. I'll write a proper answer in a few minutes.

She has a point :patrice:

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

This can change by raising and instilling values in more young black boys so that by the time they reach this point they have the maturity to know what the importance of being a father and husband brings to a community.

:salute:

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Chelz you aign't reading too ? :rudy:

Yeah I agree with this woman. I'll write a proper answer in a few minutes.

She has a point :patrice:

I read it after the fact but I agree with her too. Now if she was talking about women in their 20s Ide be like :dahell:

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Yep. Following up my last post where I said black men are small in number on college campuses this creates a very volatile situation because the few black men that are on these campuses are like kids at a candy store. With all these beautiful educated women at their disposal they begin to feel like they never should settle down or that they should play the field and milk it for all it's worth.:blessed: (I'm guilty of this):mjpls: That creates a situation where the men aren't even looking to get married because they feel they have options. Throw in white women and other races of women interested in brothas and the pool of black men to choose from becomes a #strugglepool :dead: :skip:

So its our fault that women's biological clocks stop ticking before ours do? :pachaha:

Women don't mind taking advantage of their physical primes during their teens early 20's, why should we have to settle down while our own options are steadily increasing? :rudy: