ARIKA - Fighting Layer EX [PS4] 2018 release

Daps
Yeah i feel like these guys add nothing to the table. They also seem to be stuck in the past, with outdated and bad mechanics and themes. "Skullomania" and that Samurai are the only characters that stand out. The rest of the roster looks to copy street fighter, Which is funny because the 90's been over.

The super spam kills it for me. They do no damage and are just longer versions of basic moves with nothing adding to it. Ex moves was perfect for that but these guys didn't get the memo.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
I think this looks fun like in one of Max's videos he said this feels like a old ps2 arcadeish type game and I can definitely see it. If it has some fun modes and they show off more characters this could be a cop.

I'll say this game looks waaay better than Mvc:i

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Yeah i feel like these guys add nothing to the table. They also seem to be stuck in the past, with outdated and bad mechanics and themes. "Skullomania" and that Samurai are the only characters that stand out. The rest of the roster looks to copy street fighter, Which is funny because the 90's been over.

The super spam kills it for me. They do no damage and are just longer versions of basic moves with nothing adding to it. Ex moves was perfect for that but these guys didn't get the memo.
Well duh it's a beta it's not a finished product, of course, they are going to be putting old themes and mechanics. There was was clearly a reason why they went to EVO2017, it wasn't to show off but it was to test the game and get feedback from gamers so they can make changes. You're talking utter nonsense I don't believe you've played the Ex series or Fighting layer at all the only characters that "looks to copy street fighter" are Kairi although he has his own unique moves and Allen. My only critic is the 2.5D mode has to get done away with too many fighting games are using the 2D platform.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
probably the sound effects that are dating it, graphics aren't mindblowing but they don't take away from the exerience either. They are tekken tag tournamentish though

I miss these characters I just need The SF EX characters in it too but eh :yeshrug:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Well it's still a beta. It looks good for a game that's not finished, we'll agree to disagree.
Beta is a LOT further down the development process then you're making it seem imo

if this was all concept, movesets, and performance tests i'd be totally okay with how this looks - but its not. they're advertising now. you don't advertise an unknown this early unless you're confident in a product

they shouldn't be this confident. everything about this looks butt:francis:

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Beta is a LOT further down the development process then you're making it seem imo

if this was all concept, movesets, and performance tests i'd be totally okay with how this looks - but its not. they're advertising now. you don't advertise an unknown this early unless you're confident in a product

they shouldn't be this confident. everything about this looks butt:francis:

You do realize ARIKA is a small company garnering this much interest in EX from the FGC, for them to not make a fighter since 2000 is Superb breh. This game to me and many other EX fans is like what MvC3 was to the Mahvel FGC

LoStranger

Banned
Daps

This is the ultimate issue I take with the game too it's basically the same as the older titles with just a new coat of visual paint. At least when Street Fighter 4 went the reboot route they added new mechanics and characters....

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You do realize ARIKA is a small company garnering this much interest in EX from the FGC, for them to not make a fighter since 2000 is Superb breh. This game to me and many other EX fans is like what MvC3 was to the Mahvel FGC
As a consumer, I don't base my interest off of sympathy for production :mjlol: it looks trash from a gameplay, technical, and graphical perspective