ARIKA - Fighting Layer EX [PS4] 2018 release

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I hope this comes out to home consoles. I know capcom won't pick this up because they got street fighter 5 already. Sony should pick this up or hell even microsoft with there play anywhere moves like this may help them regain a little pressence in Japan.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Man. Someone needs to pick this up. I wonder if capcom is even interested.

I get they own the name, but do they own the fighting layer characters too?

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
WATCH: Arika’s New Fighting Game ‘EX’ Gameplay; Skullomania & Darun Mister Revealed

16_exscreens04.jpg
Arika
Back in 1996, Capcom threw its famous World Warriors into the realm of 3D.

Ryu and Company clashed with a bevy of new combatants in Street Fighter EX. Fans have been clamoring to see the new characters introduced by the EX series appear in new Street Fighter releases. For one reason or another, that never came to pass. Those same fans had their dreams fulfilled earlier this year during April Fool’s Day – fighting game developer Arika dropped footage of a new fighter that included familiar faces from those EX games. What was initially thought to be nothing more than a cruel joke turned into something real…something very real. Codenamed “Fighting Layer EX,” this new fighter featured all the best elements of those games and hype worthy gameplay from Kairi, Shirase and Garuda.

At Evo 2017, everyone received more confirming news that this brand new fighter will exist in some way, shape or form. Now simply known as “EX,” Arika’s upcoming project got a main stage showcase via a new gameplay trailer. The three characters mentioned from before showed up for battle once again, plus two fan favorites from Street Fighter EX popped up – Skullomania and Darun Mister.

Everything known about “EX” so far includes it being playable on PS4 and it possibly being released on April Fool’s Day 2018. It’s also known that the game will launch in North America, Europe and Japan. Pre-orders for “EX” and a beta test for the end of 2017 have been only been announced for Japan thus far. But it’s expected that the other two aforementioned regions will get to participate in the beta at some point as well.

Get a good look at Darun Mister in the picture posted below and also check out some gameplay footage of “EX” straight from Evo 2017 (Thanks, Kenny from YoVideogames!):

16_exscreens05.jpg

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Man. Someone needs to pick this up. I wonder if capcom is even interested.

I get they own the name, but do they own the fighting layer characters too?
SNK was kinda interested the CEO went to try out the game. I could see Namco Bandai doing something, Namco published Fighting Layer in 98. I don't think Capcom is interested in partnering up because they would have shown interest since April but then again who knows's?

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow another PS4 exclusive fighter. Man microsoft should of jumped on this to give them that japanese buzz probably wouldn't help but every little bit helps. I hope this also comes to steam atleast. But nonetheless it's day 1 regardless for me on PS4

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
I'll give it a go but next year is going to be stacked with fighters so I doubt this will be in the rotation

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Wow another PS4 exclusive fighter. Man microsoft should of jumped on this to give them that japanese buzz probably wouldn't help but every little bit helps. I hope this also comes to steam atleast. But nonetheless it's day 1 regardless for me on PS4

thank god they didn't :wow:

EX will remain an PlayStation exclusive for the culture

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thank god they didn't :wow:

EX will remain an PlayStation exclusive for the culture

I know but still Phil spencer saying he's never going to give up on Japan. You can't let shyt like this slip by if your trying to be competitive in that area or you have an interest there. But I get it there weak on that side of the world but providing the same Japanese games that are on the dominant platform in that area doesn't help either.