Are we gonna pretend Drake hasn't surpassed Kanye?

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
:mjlol: Kanye has been on some bullshyt lately but at least he has some socially relevant/humanistic lyrics and songs in his content

Drake has none. even his fan base has to admit this
hell, drake even has straight up POP songs in his arsenal...no rapping at all.

the argument can be made that Drake had a bigger impact on his era culturally than Kanye did though :ehh:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
How does drake have a better voice??? He sounds like a homosexual and so does Kanye too..actually they both need to fall off. It'd high time and they've overstayed their visit.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i didnt care for the tlop. but i havent heard it in its newest form so maybe that could sway me a bit. i feel like the span of time between yeezus and now was a pretty sizable one only to lead to an unfinished, unfocused, underwhelming album. his feature verses hav been pretty lackluster also. i wont say all encompassing but drake is easily the better artist to me at the moment and has been so a few yrs now.

Drake will never be better than Ye at anythin except acting

His Views single has a Kanye stimulus and he got washed on it too

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Drake will never be better than Ye at anythin except acting

His Views single has a Kanye stimulus and he got washed on it too
To be fair

Kanye's albums have been trash since Yeezus

If ur readin this its too late and Nothing was the same shyt on Pablo and yeezus lets be real

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
aight @SirBiatch I'll bite. Explain how Kanye has no classics? To me, he has 4 classics (College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, MBDTF) With those four you have influence(created the blueprint for the modern "everyman, suburban, mainstream rapper" (ie. Drake, Big Sean, Kid Cudi, J Cole, Wale, even Kendrick to a certain extent), influential production (Chipmunk soul with College Dropout, stadium music with Graduation), classic songs, "Through the Wire, Jesus Walks, Good Life, Flashing Lights, Stronger, Can't Tell Me Nothing, etc.), critical acclaim, cultural impact(you can argue LR, Graduation, MBDTF were loved by the critics more than the people but you can't do that with College Dropout. The people loved that album. That's the album that most people who don't follow critics reviews and all that other shyt fukk with the most.) commercial success, cohesiveness(all of the albums had a central theme and sound that they stuck to), and innovation.

I say all of this as a dude who thinks Drake currently makes better music than Kanye and who actually agrees with you that he has surpassed him at this point(the whole ghostwriter thing is a wash since Ye' uses ghostwriters to). But your statement about Kanye having no classics strikes me as a bit gimmicky and "clickbaitish." And you haven't said anything in this thread to back up that claim besides smileys and accusing people of being biased and having no argument. You made the argument, the burden of proof is on you to back it up