Are we gonna pretend Drake hasn't surpassed Kanye?

Mr.Silver

Enlightening And Frightening
Daps
Reppin
Alaska
:duck:

Duck aside, why do you care if x artist is highly respected? How do you even gauge this shyt?

Knowing what y'all know about plants and business relationships, why in the hell would "x rapper cosigns y artist" be at the top of the list for reasons to give a fukk about someone?
It cosigns. Actual respect for his work. He has a legacy as a legendary producer and as a legendary artist.

You're entitled to your opinion though

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
It cosigns. Actual respect for his work. He has a legacy as a legendary producer and as a legendary artist.

You're entitled to your opinion though

what's his legacy? what did Kanye bring to the table in hip hop that the hip hop world will be forever grateful for? :jbhmm:

Mr.Silver

Enlightening And Frightening
Daps
Reppin
Alaska
what's his legacy? what did Kanye bring to the table in hip hop that the hip hop world will be forever grateful for? :jbhmm:
Heavy involvement in the Roca-Fella era. His work with Beanie Siegel, his work with HOV, his production on the blueprint.

Innovation sonically with 808s, Graduation, and changing the perception of what a hip
Hop star can be.

I ain't tryna convince you tho. Like I said, you can have your opinion. You're entitled to it.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Heavy involvement in the Roca-Fella era. His work with Beanie Siegel, his work with HOV, his production on the blueprint.

that's the first thing you mention because it's actually the real legacy of Ye. And I agree. I thought I made it clear in this thread that I was talking about Drake as a solo artist vs Kanye as a solo artist. Meaning that I'm not talking about Kanye's production work because obviously a) some of it is great and b) Drake can't compete in that department.

Innovation sonically with 808s, Graduation, and changing the perception of what a hip
Hop star can be.

this is all very vague. Changing perception of what a hip hop star can be? Every major rapper did this. Some for the better, some for the worse. That is not unique to Kanye's legacy by any means.

Hip hop heads aren't fawning over 808s and Graduation like that. Let's try that again.

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
The more cats keep french kissing this dude's ass the less interested i become in having a adult convo about an artist that,in my opinion has the potential to be great but whose fans will not let him grow the fukk up cause then they would have to.If dude is the best thing since Yashua Ben Yosef there is no need to:cape:every time he farts or needs his ego massaged by making claims he has no business making yet.Most popular singin/rapping nikka out? Yes. Greatest writer ever? :wtf::shaq2::rudy::whoa::camby:But you nut hugging beta humanoids will defend outlandish claims with alternative facts,deflection and some of the most cum guzzling thick juice drinking behaviour to cape for dude..After SFG dude kinda drove with the handelbars between his legs while Drake stans played training wheels..failing at times leads to a better understanding of what and who you are but you dikkriding fakkits love the limelight more then he does it seems..

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

Hop star can be.

I ain't tryna convince you tho. Like I said, you can have your opinion. You're entitled to it.

he wasn't even the most popular producer on rocafella. take Kanye out of the picture and rocafella doesn't skip a beat.

what sonic innovation?

the bolded was Kanye being used as a pawn in order for hip-hop to be in the sorry state that its in now. I was saying this in real-time when the media was already pushing Kanye to the moon before he even dropped an album.

Murkman

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Tha Grizzle State
Drake can't surpass someone who gave him his entire sound, style and discography in essence, especially his "Diva nikka" tendencies. '

Mind you, @SirBiatch I cannot stand Ye's

- Graduation (Eurotrash Pop beats that ripped off Daft Punk, it's for straight people who want to experience their own version of a gay club)

- 808's (Aside from the song about his him, he's basically being a bytch the whole album about relationships the "Gold Digger" Ye would've done this :yeshrug: to)

- Yeezus, which is forced ear robotic sodomy fukkery, imagine El-P remixing and chopping up Wall-E's voice over wannabe Skrillex tracks.

Drake with 40 basically DIRECTLY copied 808's and some Grad "Feng Shui Hip-Hop" beats and there you go, this isn't even the beginning of his history as a biter, either.:mjlol:

If Ye has classics, it would be his debut (minus a couple corny songs),
LR for sure (he brought a different sound and he put Chicago back on the map for good),
and MBDTF as it encapsulated the entirety of who he was before he permanently went off the edge of this nikka's hairline :flabbynsick:. From there he's been a absolute caricature of himself, only gets worse, WTT tried being MBDTF, as for TLOP it's a cracked mirror of his entire catalog.

He had to write a song about how people perceived for how "he used to be", when this nikka can't even remember how many times he has undermined his character.

Last edited: