Are There Grown Men That Really Think Like This?

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Close thread because that's all this is about. That's why I hate discussions like these! Nobody is ever honest! Some of ya'll act like we didn't go to high school either. Everybody knows and has interacted with nerds before. And unless they were willing to find their kindred spirit in a female, they had the craziest expectations in the opposite sex.
I'm talking bout harboring secret resentment for the homecoming queen for dating the head of the football squad. Talking about wanting a girlfriend that looks like Lara Croft or Tifa Lockhart. Ironically a lot nerdy blk men have very narrow views of acceptable females they desire even as they accuse blk women of having the same. Unless a blk chick is 8 or above or non-blk they are invisible to these types. We used to try and help dudes like this in our social circles. "Oh she's a cute blk chick. She likes Bleach!" "Ew! I only like straight hair."
"Oh what about her! She's cute, likes COD!" "Nah, boobs aren't big enuff."

You take shyt too far to the other side tho
Its all their fault
They just aren't trying hard enough!

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215

This pathetic, reductive rhetoric about how Black women "don't like nerdy Black men" is really popular for that #sadBoys side of Youtube, and on TLR, but do y'all actually know anyone who thinks like this "in real life"?
Only time you hear this shyt for the most part are sad ass nikkas online that know face to face kicking such silliness would get them clowned. Its the same for chicks on that men ain't shyt vibe. Maybe both groups of loser should hook up instead of always whining about who don't want them like some bytches.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Me: "Hey girl! I saw the cutie bought u a drink at Abari's last night! Did u get his number?"

Homegirl: (reluctant body language and sighs) "Naw he was alright."

Me::comeon: "What was it this time?"
Her: "You know I like guys with long hair."
Me::what:You mean like dreads? This is new.
Her: Noooo
Me::beli: bytch Lord Sesshoumaru ain't checking for u.
Her::wtb:

Lmao!!!! A lot of self-professed nerds and geeks are looking to replicate the shyt they're into and this seeps into their preferences in mates. It's unhealthy. And when normal people look at em like they are crazy or avoid them they start resenting others.
The lines between fantasy and real life are being blurred waaayyy too much. I love a good story regardless of the medium whether in a video game, in a book, in a cartoon, in a manga.
But nothing beats people and interacting with em. Put that shyt down and go make friends!!!!
This is an extremely small minority. Most people out here ain't rejecting someone especially men because the other person don't look like an anime character.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
For some reason....the internet calls for the deeper most intimate thoughts of human beings...
The reason is offline people know dumb shyt gets clowned. That's why cats feel more comfortable kicking dumb shyt online instead of face to face. Somebody you know says they can't get girls/guys but you know how they living can't make up stories like what happens online where you usually only hear one side of a story.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
I could, but you have to understand that the bolded is giving credence to the dude in the OP's stance that black women aren't attracted to guys like him vs thugs or whatever. So yall go 10 pages dragging him (not u personally) just to lowkey co-sign him the whole time.

This is why I said this thread was hella disingenuous.

Expanding his preferences means what exactly? A dude in his position isn't turning down large swaths of women based on his preferences, doing that requires having options. So before they were too lame and black women aren't attracted to men like him and now he's turning down hoards of non dime black women due to high standards? :heh: How many "nerdy" dudes you know are turning down suitors left and right at ANY attractiveness levels?

You're again lowkey implying that they should go for substantially below average women to keep it black when they don't have to compromise otherwise. What's worse is you're assuming these "invisible black women" would be attracted to them instead of the men all the other women are attracted to which couldn't be further from the truth.
Note I said "allegedly" as I doubt he has met most blk women are even interacted with the ones in his area to any serious degree. And no I don't co-sign because it sounds like the same cop-out I've heard dozens of times.

And you raise an interesting point. Everybody has options. It's just a matter of whether they are the options you desire. Also what makes you think I was implying that they should pursue below-average women. Mate value is subjective. My advice is to pursue people on ur level or put energy into those who are receptive to you. And in many cases, those whining about not being chosen, are overlooking other viable mates themselves that they deem (much like you assumed) are below their level.
I exhort people to stop being hypocritical. Don't complain about women who pass over you when you pass over women as well.

This is apart of life. There will always be someone who likes you and someone who doesn't. Get in where you fit in and prosper!

Birdie

Banned
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The idea that Black some make horrid dating choses probably has something to do with them constantly choosing the lowest quality of males. Not to mention, they constantly get impregnated by the same type of males. 70% of them are single mothers for a reason, and the fact that jail nikkas can easily get p*ssy is telling.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
This is an extremely small minority. Most people out here ain't rejecting someone especially men because the other person don't look like an anime character.
Not necessarily that narrow but you would be surprised. People are judging real life people based off their fantasies which makes interacting with individuals on their level even more unpalatable. The farther down the rabbit hole you go into your fantasy, the higher up the ladder of expectations you have to climb to match the fantasy to be satisfied.

Now take that idea and apply it to somebody who spends most of their lives immersed in different media, with no real interaction with others to mitigate the effects of being solely plugged into these worlds. It's a hard ass transition to talk to someone of the opposite sex afterwards and when this difficulty makes people uninterested it's easy to dismiss people because they weren't what u really wanted anyway.

I sincerely believe a lot of this could be fixed with larger social circles and more daily interaction with the opposite sex. These nerdy guys and girls simply need to get out a little more. Technology has screwed communication skills a lot and given us fantasy to replace actual social interaction skills.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
The idea that Black some make horrid dating choses probably has something to do with them constantly choosing the lowest quality of males. Not to mention, they constantly get impregnated by the same type of males. 70% of them are single mothers for a reason, and the fact that jail nikkas can easily get p*ssy is telling.
Lmao! 70% are not single mothers.
This is another reason blk men and women need to actually interact with each other instead of being online.
These persistent lies being told to justify romantic failures are pervasive in our culture. I don't get it!
We gotta stop perpetuating propaganda about one another as a balm for our inability to find each other.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No, you re just trying to change the definition of a nerd.

What was considered a nerd 10+ years ago is not what y'all are running with.
10 years ago a nerd was a guy into anime, computers, technology, etc.
He probably dressed in a shytty semi-professional way, and wanted to be "an astronaut" when he grew up.
G4TV showcased this beautifully in it's prime (from 2002-10).

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
This shyt is becoming pathetic..... Why don't they just get off the computer and work on their social skills :dahell:

Practice makes perfect.... I don't give a fukk who you are, you ain't battin a 1.000 with females... Also sometimes you have to lower your standards early on..... nikkas probably tryin to holla at the finest females with no game and no experience then wonder why they get rejected... Gotta be realistic about shyt sometimes.... All females aren't going to want you just cuz you talk to them or show them attention..... When I see videos like this, I completely understand why females don't give these weirdos the time of day.... I can only how imagine just how creepy when trying to get a female..... They should practice on paid whores first and GET OFF THE INTERNET WITH THEIR SORRY ASS shyt..... Talking about the black community and black women LOL..... Stop using "Well black women......", no nikka it's your creepy ass that drives them away... Da fukk