Are scientist trying to be too smart?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I pray to god that this thread was made during one of those moments where someone gets too high and starts trying to be plato with these abstract thoughts that end up sounding stupid as fukk to any person not high with the person who spewed it.
You know whats really fukked up?

Even if this was the case, she's got sober people backing her :mindblown:

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
All I'm saying is when it comes to space I see a lot of things that are presented as facts when I feel like they should be presented more as theories. We can't venture out to certain places in space but in the documentaries I was watching they acted like they had all the answers. How is this stupid or makes no sense like posters are saying?

THIS IS MY MAJOR HANG UP WITH SCIENTISTS. THEY TALK LIKE WHAT THEY SAY IS FACT WHEN THEY CAN'T BE SURE. WHEN YOU ASK, THEY POINT YOU TO ANOTHER FACT THAT IS BACKED UP BY A THEORY.

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
im thinking the same thing. ive definitely been there before. leave the conversation mad as fukk cause no one wants to agree with me :damn:

some people in here definitely going extra hard on @Teedot tho and im pretty sure its cause shes a chick

I can't say that's not the case, but seeing some of the responses she's made in this thread would've definitely rubbed me the wrong way and caused me to stop taking the OP seriously. Why bother seriously engaging someone, male or female, who's unwilling to argue in good faith and acts petulant when people point out the flaws in their argument?

Plus, you have to admit that's a hell of a thread title (even if it was just clickbait as the OP claimed)

I don't think the thread starter is anti academia or science......I think she's referring to the pompous attitudes of "scientists" that propose theory as truth to explain grand scale phenoma, like evolution and the big bang

Thing is though I'd think if you're going to criticize something, you should at least be familiar with what you're criticizing. How can you question how we know the composition of the cores of other planets if you don't know how they arrived at these conclusions in the first place?

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
I can't say that's not the case, but seeing some of the responses she's made in this thread would've definitely rubbed me the wrong way and caused me to stop taking the OP seriously. Why bother seriously engaging someone, male or female, who's unwilling to argue in good faith and acts petulant when people point out the flaws in their argument?

Plus, you have to admit that's a hell of a thread title (even if it was just clickbait as the OP claimed)

Thing is though I'd think if you're going to criticize something, you should at least be familiar with what you're criticizing. How can you question how we know the composition of the cores of other planets if you don't know how they arrived at these conclusions in the first place?
she's a broad. they hate being wrong.

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
No one teaches theory as fact because theories are not facts. However, theories are well supported and always stand strong against counterclaims. It's not like someone just woke up one morning, said the universe was created as a result of The Big Bang Theory, and everyone ran with it. Many scientists spent a lot of time trying to decipher what rationally happened by way of the scientific method.

In school they teach it as fact. This IS how the universe was created. The pulsating universe theory makes more sense. Einstein had the same belief that the universe is expanding and contracting eternally. The funny thing is, I had the same thought before looking it up, and found out that einstein did research on it, crazy.

My point is, if it's just a theory. They should teach all known theories in school and make the kids discuss and share opinions on what they believe. Not present one theory as a fact and run with it.

Last edited:

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
Some people just arent meant to understand certain things.

Dont worry about how TVs work, just sit ya ass down, turn it on, and shut up. Let the smart people worry about smart shyt.
Wow, great thinking. No wonder we have so much sheep in this country. Don't think for your self let others do the thinking for you smh

:snoop:

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Aren't you the lady who said that "Christians don't think atheists are crazy we just avoid them because we think they're a little fukked up in the head."?