Are scientist trying to be too smart?

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
If we know the distance from the object we can safely calculate the size based on angular distance.

"In mathematics (in particular geometry and trigonometry) and all natural sciences (including astronomy, geophysics, etc.), the angular distance (angular separation, apparent distance, or apparent separation) between two point objects, as observed from a location different from either of these objects, is the size of the angle between the two directions originating from the observer and pointing towards these two objects. Angular distance (or separation) is thus synonymous to angle itself."

Doctors measure pain by checking the nociceptive activity in the brain. More activity = higher pain.

If you're not actively trying to learn new shyt regularly you're wasting yourself. It's great to ask questions but first take the initiative to atleast Google the shyt before you ask it. Don't perpetuate the dumb bytch stereotype brehettes.

Speaking of space and stars you can have this one star for free too.
You are only speaking about distance in measurements though. This thread is not just about that. The point in the thread is about many aspects of space.

My goodness. People keep telling me how it's done and it's like no shyt they have a method to determine how it's done. You must not have got the fact that I'm not just talking about distance.

I know how pain is measured but you would still have to determine that on an individual bases something might be extremely painful to you but only be mildly painful for the next person.

I find it interesting how nobody in this thread will doubt the accuracy of info presented about space. A place where people don't go. But have no problem doubting other things that people can closely examine.

Last edited:

rogue_riezo

Les Enfants Terribles
Daps
You are only speaking about distance in measurements though. This thread is not just about that. The point in the thread is about many aspects of space.

You would need to be more specific about the aspects you believe are inconclusive.

Naturally scientists do not have ALL the answers but theories lead to experiments which lead to questions being answered. Sometimes due to lack of resources or limitations with our technology we can't do things like travel into the Sun or into Jupiter but we can attempt until we do. Because they can't prove it right now doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
You would need to be more specific about the aspects you believe are inconclusive.

Naturally scientists do not have ALL the answers but theories lead to experiments which lead to questions being answered. Sometimes due to lack of resources or limitations with our technology we can't do things like travel into the Sun or into Jupiter but we can attempt until we do. Because they can't prove it right now doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
I was.I clearly said for example that scientist want to tell you exactly what goes on in the core of the planets but then turn around and say they can't even get close to the planets.

You got pages of people talking about the sun when that was just a simple example.

This thread is draining at this point. You got a whole bunch of pretend scientist who act like they know everything but aren't saying nothing.

rogue_riezo

Les Enfants Terribles
Daps
I was.I clearly said for example that scientist want to tell you exactly what goes on in the core of the planets but then turn around and say they can't even get close to the planets.

Sorry, I missed the 1 in 168 posts that you said this :beli:.

We have a vehicle on Mars right now, what do you mean we can get to the planets? There are planets we can't get to the surface of planets like Jupiter because the atmosphere is made of particles that destroy our vessels.

So you'd rather criticize their efforts for trying to figure out what is going on instead of trying to learn more about what they are doing :usure:?

ignant.jpg

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
So I was watching a few programs yesterday about space. They were mostly focused on planets. During the programs they were discussing the planets components all they way down to the core. As you probably know that they send satellites out into space to get their info. None of these satellites have the capabilities to survive the harsh conditions of the planets. They stated that. So basically they know nothing hardly. They have also stated how big the sun is. But how could they know that? Nothing could get close enough to the sun to accurately measure it's size and how ridiculously big it is. How about all the galaxies? Whose to say there is a lot or a few. Surely no telescope could ever measure that.

That led me to think of how much scientist actually know.

This same question came into my head while being in a thread discussing pain. How can u accurately measure pain? Of course you can say a bullet shot would hurt worse than a stomach ache but when it comes to extreme pain such as natural childbirth or cluster headaches. How can we truly determine the pain felt unless we have experienced both?

what are some of the things that scientist claim they know about but you actually think they don't? I say space. Everything is mostly theories even though they act like a lot are facts.
They actually know quite a bit and you don't have to actually visit a planet to figure out it's composition. A great deal of what is in space is very very related. They know plenty and theory in science doesn't mean what you think it means. I'm really not trying to be a smart ass OP when I say this, it is you that need to get your game up not them. That question about the size of the Sun leads me to believe you're trolling a bit.

Nobody ever questions a scientist when they are running to medicine though...plenty of theories there that never get called out. :comeon: No shade at you OP as I don't think this is your intention....but this is why I can't take folks, especially the religious, seriously when they harp on science. Medical science gets an endless pass from them.

The Hubble Telescope looked nearly 13 billion years into the past(Google Hubble Ultra Deep Field).....think we can't figure out a planet's composition using other technology at our disposal?:ohhh:

The same people asking these kinds of questions have no problem accepting that a snake can talk....water can turn into wine....you can walk on water.....every species ever survived a storm on a boat......somebody got turned into salt for turning around.....I can go on and on. We can have faith in all that. Break it down as to how you know a planet's composition and you are one step away from being a witch.:troll: Logic underload. :wow:

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
Sorry, I missed the 1 in 168 posts that you said this :beli:.

We have a vehicle on Mars right now, what do you mean we can get to the planets? There are planets we can't get to the surface of planets like Jupiter because the atmosphere is made of particles that destroy our vessels.

So you'd rather criticize their efforts for trying to figure out what is going on instead of trying to learn more about what they are doing :usure:?

ignant.jpg
I'm talking about the gas giants. Which would be Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. The program was trying to talk about these planets cores. No shyt we can get to mars. Stop trying to call me stupid clearly I'm not talking about mars, a planet that is relatively close to us compared to other planets.
Smh

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
The cores of planets can be inferred from their magnetic fields for one. Strong magnetic fields are usually an indicator of an iron core. And yes, there is a scientific basis for this. One you can actually experiment with yourself in your own home.

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
They actually know quite a bit and you don't have to actually visit a planet to figure out it's composition. A great deal of what is in space is very very related. They know plenty and theory in science doesn't mean what you think it means. I'm really not trying to be a smart ass OP when I say this, it is you that need to get your game up not them. That question about the size of the Sun leads me to believe you're trolling a bit.

Nobody ever questions a scientist when they are running to medicine though...plenty of theories there that never get called out. :comeon: No shade at you OP as I don't think this is your intention....but this is why I can't take folks, especially the religious, seriously when they harp on science. Medical science gets an endless pass from them.

The Hubble Telescope looked nearly 13 billion years into the past(Google Hubble Ultra Deep Field).....think we can't figure out a planet's composition using other technology at our disposal?:ohhh:

The same people asking these kinds of questions have no problem accepting that a snake can talk....water can turn into wine....you can walk on water.....every species ever survived a storm on a boat......somebody got turned into salt for turning around.....I can go on and on. We can have faith in all that. Break it down as to how you know a planet's composition and you are one step away from being a witch.:troll: Logic underload. :wow:
Here's where u missed my point. Others missed it too. I will type it in caps cause guys in here want to call me slow but can't understand the point of a thread.

I SAID THAT IN THE VIDEOS I WATCHED. THEY WERE PRESENTING ALL INFO AS FACTS INSTEAD OF THEORIES. I NEVER SAID EVERYTHING THAT A SCIENTIST SIMPLY SAYS IS RUBBISH. I SAID I QUESTION THE ACCURACY OF INFO PRESENTED TO US AS FACTS BASED OFF OF THE FACT THAT ONLY SATELLITES AND TELESCOPES CAN REACH MOST PLANETS.

YES YOU CAN DETERMINE THE COMPOSITION OF A PLANET BASED OFF OF THE ELEMENTS THAT ARE FOUND IN IT.

i used an example. In the video it said they could not get anywhere close to the planet or it's core. But then they turned around and was talking about how the core behaves. They were referring to one of the gas giants.

Now what kind of sense does it make to have such bold statements? All physics is based off of the world we are in, earth. They clearly stated in another video that there is so much that goes on in space that makes absolutely no sense to them.

You do realize that other planets behave basically completely different from earth right? So if earth is are only real bases to go from how accurate can we be?
I'm not saying we are inaccurate I'm saying there is room for doubt.

scientist also said we were apes do u believe that?

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
This is sad Teedot. You are more then simply "questioning accuracy" You're suggesting that scientists are liars because you can't comprehend their work. That's your fault.

There is solid evidence of evolution.

Pluto stopped being a planet because science progressed. We learn new things as a society every single week. And this new info replaces the old. That's progress.

Scientists that study earth and the ones who study space aren't mutually exclusive.

You aren't questioning accuracy so much as you are showing your ass. Once again, just because you don't get it doesn't mean someone else doesn't.
No she's suggesting they're liars because they are presenting their theories as facts when they are just theories, and she's right. There have been a lot of "facts" in science that have been proven wrong and changed.

She's not saying their theories are wrong, but they should not present them as facts because some things we cannot know for certain YET

Last edited:

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
One great example is the big bang theory. They teach us about the big bang in school like it's a fact that this is how the universe was created. But they cant even explain what caused the explosion and if there was anything before it.

All they base this on is that the universe is expanding. Yes its expanding right now, but it might aswell be pulsating, expanding and retracting for ever.

Last edited: