Are scientist trying to be too smart?

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
The world recognizes that facts exist but napoleon doesn't:heh:
You do realize we can not prove anything definitely right? We can't even be sure that reality actually exists. We're 99% certain it does, but 99 ≠ 100. We just call these things that we are 99.99% sure of facts, so we can use them as a foundation to gain more knowledge about the universe. Our entire lives could be a computer simulation. Highly unlikely but that possibility is what negates it from being 100% true

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
You do realize we can not prove anything definitely right? We can't even be sure that reality actually exists. We're 99% certain it does, but 99 ≠ 100. We just call these things that we are 99.99% sure of facts, so we can use them as a foundation to gain more knowledge about the universe. Our entire lives could be a computer simulation. Highly unlikely but that possibility is what negates it from being 100% true
I cant prove that I have black hair either? I cant prove my weight in pounds?
no I didnt realize that.
keep droping gems though:leostare:

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place

this is just fantasy what your talking about here.

You might believe that existence is part of some matrix.. or that there is a 99.99% chance that human beings breathe oxygen... but that doesnt make it so... somethings can be proven by science, logic and math... others cant.

2 = x +1... means x equals 1... but under your logic we coulld only be 99.99999% sure of this?

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
I cant prove that I have black hair either? I cant prove my weight in pounds?
no I didnt realize that.
keep droping gems though:leostare:

this is just fantasy what your talking about here.

You might believe that existence is part of some matrix.. or that there is a 99.99% chance that human beings breathe oxygen... but that doesnt make it so... somethings can be proven by science, logic and math... others cant.

2 = x +1... means x equals 1... but under your logic we coulld only be 99.99999% sure of this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_know_that_I_know_nothing
http://www.frame-poythress.org/certainty/
Absolute certainty is a logical fallacy.

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place

"First, it is impossible to exclude absolute certainty in all cases. Any argument purporting to show that there is no such certainty must admit that it is itself uncertain. Further, any such argument must presuppose that argument itself is a means of finding truth." - your article

So you saying absolute certainty is a logical fallacy... is logical fallacy...

But thats according to you... I dont subscribe to Socrates or this dudes theories.

skokiaan

African original
Daps
Reppin
One Africa
You're missing my point. I'm not saying everything scientist say about space is rubbish. I'm saying how accurately can some of the things they say be when we or any satellites can't even get close enough to get accurate data?
In the documentary it was talking about the core of either Uranus or Neptune. I forgot which one. One minute they said they could never even get anywhere close to the core. The next minute they are talking about how the core behaves. And that's why I'm like :heh: Space is not predictable and has so many vast things that doesn't even make sense. They are trying to use theories based off of what they know about the earth and science in general. They are trying to apply things they know nothing about. In one of the other documentaries they clearly stated how there is so many things in space that absolutely makes no sense.

Well I have doubt about the accuracy of info presented about space because of the fact that we can't get anywhere near to the locations talked about. If you choose to believe everything presented to u than that's your business.

And what does that prove? The whole point of science is learning the unknown. They must first admit that they don't have all the answers...to find all the answers. They aren't going to find all the answers right away. It might take several lifetimes. They have bits and pieces of the truth but are actively trying to find the whole truth. It it was easy then religion probably wouldn't exist.

http://teacher.nsrl.rochester.edu/phy_labs/appendixe/appendixe.html

Here's a link to the scientific method. Science is a step by step process.

I'm done with this argument. If you feel like just because a scientist present info to you that it's 100% accurate all the time than you do. I don't.

Scientist will also say we were like apes but evolved.
Scientist classified Pluto as a planet for yrs. they changed it.

Scientist and doctors still can't figure out things about the earth we live on and people (i think you need to start reading scientific text asap, if u have time..read something that was published in the year 2000 and then compare that text with the latest updated version of the same title) but when it comes to space the Coli doesn't feel like I have a right to question accuracy. :upsetfavre:

again..The whole point of science is learning the unknown. They must first admit that they don't have all the answers...to find all the answers. They aren't going to find all the answers right away. It might take several lifetimes. They have bits and pieces of the truth but are actively trying to find the whole truth.

Your problem is you're looking at those videos and thinking that's all they know. Those programs are so dumbed down for the general person to understand that it Damn near isn't the original content. It's only the gist of it. For instance, this forum. I can tell you you can do simple things such as add pictures , make posts, and general shyt. You have no idea of how much work it is to write code that does simple shyt. The website uses numerous languages to compile and show you want you see such as html, css, JavaScript, etc. Basically what I'm getting at is the implementation is completely different from what the normal person sees. Those people use math that would take you years upon years to study, if you even ever were able to understand it.
One could question if the earth was actually round or if its really possible to get to the moon. BUT if that person is not willing to go test it themselves, they must leave it up to the experts to let them know. Basically, if u wanna question something, get into the science yourself. Otherwise it's pointless to debate.

please Teedot, re-read this.

Every person has their own threshold. I didn't say they didn't know a thing. Smh y'all get one thing a person says and twist it. It's a waste to have a serious discussion with people on the Coli cause all they give you is insults without have anything knowledgable to say.

sorry about insults but you should also learn to pick relevant posts/info from each page..many people gave you answers but you chose to ignore them and instead focus on the abusive posts.(in a way this in my opinion is a reason why you find it hard to get this science thing)

Cause I'm done with the topic. No need to go further into detail now when nobody ever answered the question and people just insulted me like I have no point. I don't like it when people disagree with others opinions and have nothing to say other than insults. If you all felt like I had no valid point which I know I do then all you had to do was disagree and explain why. I got negged and called names. The Coli is a big joke. If I presented this same thread everywhere else I would have got someone explaining to me instead snoop smilies that don't say shyt.

you basically wanted everyone to side with you despite you bringing a weak argument to the table.

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
Science itself, is a religion. To believe in it, you have to have faith in its teachings while accepting the parameters it sets.

NO!

this is wrong... you dont need to have faith in anything to understand how photosynthesis works.

The only thing that you might have to believe in, is your own ability to reason logical from illogical.

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
"First, it is impossible to exclude absolute certainty in all cases. Any argument purporting to show that there is no such certainty must admit that it is itself uncertain. Further, any such argument must presuppose that argument itself is a means of finding truth." - your article

So you saying absolute certainty is a logical fallacy... is logical fallacy...

But thats according to you... I dont subscribe to Socrates or this dudes theories.

It doesn't work like that breh.

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
NO!

this is wrong... you dont need to have faith in anything to understand how photosynthesis works.

The only thing that you might have to believe in, is your own ability to reason logical from illogical.
The system that named photosynthesis is man made, which is no different than religion.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
My cousin's fiancee is a scientist (currently pursuing his PHD), he is exactly as you described in the bolded. He looks like a midget next to my cousin and she's 5'7.

Doesn't this contradict the statement...He's short and unattractive, but yet he has a fiance, your cousin to be exact.....So obviously he's fukking somebody.......I don't get it......