Are North Sudanese considered black?

Daps
Dapped it by accident(mobile) , undapped quickly when I realised whos post it was so no worries

Among other things yes, although it was mostly the Arabs themselves that brought slaves from Zanj to the Somali Peninsula and the rest of the Arab World

No, they have absolutely zero relation to Black Culture as its currently known.
But Black Culture is created by the African Diaspora and can therefore also fall under the 'African Culture' umbrella alongside Zulu and Igbo and that
so you mean to tell me proud African Somalis were among the first sellouts/lap dogs for arabs in Africa:patrice:....i'm shocked:francis:

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
That arab dikk fukked up their heads :mjlol:.

It would be like plenty African Americans calling themselves cacs.

No, it definitely not the same. Arabs are definitely a diversity of different people, and i am not speaking about the one in African but in the Arabian peninsula.

You have this in the Arabian peninsula

flower-man-in-sabya-tihama-saudi-arabia-CY1T17.jpg

souk-in-sabya-tihama-saudi-arabia-cy1b4n.jpg

red-beard-man-on-tihama-coast-saudi-arabia-CY1TWH.jpg

You see many of these types in the Arabian peninsula from Saudi Arabia to Oman, at the same time there is a great deal of diversity of types from fair skin to dark in those countries.

This is what i reckon you find in the states often, which i can understand, because they are numerous in the Arab world as well.

AFP_Getty-5133400781.jpg

Like Africans vary so do other groups vary.

Sudanese villager

131253522_54f48538b6.jpg

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
No, it definitely not the same. Arabs are definitely a diversity of different people, and i am not speaking about the one in African but in the Arabian peninsula.

You have this in the Arabian peninsula

flower-man-in-sabya-tihama-saudi-arabia-CY1T17.jpg

souk-in-sabya-tihama-saudi-arabia-cy1b4n.jpg

red-beard-man-on-tihama-coast-saudi-arabia-CY1TWH.jpg

You see many of these types in the Arabian peninsula from Saudi Arabia to Oman, at the same time there is a great deal of diversity of types from fair skin to dark in those countries.

This is what i reckon you find in the states often, which i can understand, because they are numerous in the Arab world as well.

AFP_Getty-5133400781.jpg

Like Africans vary so do other groups vary.

Sudanese villager

131253522_54f48538b6.jpg
That's obviously mixing over time, Indians/Pakistanis, African and arab.

I'm mainly talking about the black people in Sudan, of course black people come in different shades just like white people or brown (both indian types) or yellow people (east asians).

The point is that it's exactly the same thing, since a lot of black people in the states are mixed with cacs to some degree. So just like certain Sudanese are mixed over 100s of years to some degree while some are still pure. Some got raped, others didn't.
sudans-national-football-team-players-pose-for-a-photograph-before-picture-id137985107

Anyways I can't knock a whole nation if they choose to align with their perpetrators. Several African nations are still commonwealth nations by choice and Canadians still have a British queen. :manny:

Last edited:

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.

I'm mainly talking about the black people in Sudan, of course black people come in different shades just like white people or brown (both indian types) or yellow people (east asians).

The point is that it's exactly the same thing, since a lot of black people in the states are mixed with cacs to some degree. So just like certain Sudanese are mixed over 100s of years to some degree while some are still pure. Some got raped, others didn't.
sudans-national-football-team-players-pose-for-a-photograph-before-picture-id137985107

Anyways I can't knock a whole nation if they choose to align with their perpetrators. Several African nations are still commonwealth nations by choice and Canadians still have a British queen. :manny:

I think you need to give up, and stick to topics you know or cultural familiar with, because you are out of your league here especially when you talking to a person like myself from the country, and who visit and lived in a few gulf arab states. I pretty much know the soccer team a few is from darfur Western Sudan, and a few from Southern Sudan, different regions within what is known as Sudan, but not of the Nile Valley North Sudan which is the topic people of this thread, not other regions of the country.

Sport teams is not always a good representation of a entire population.

Something like this make sense.

Daps
Colonisation was probably the worst thing to happen to Sudan. Arbitrarely drawn borders :scusthov:. As a matter of fact, The first important anti colonialist revolutionary was a militant Muslim that made the Sudanese people rise up in holy war against the infidel oppressors( the British and Egyptians.) Look up the mahdist war. Cbf to type anymore on phone.
arabization/Islam set Sudan corrupted just as much as colonization..d even before the arrival of the British occupation arabs in Sudan arabs andTurks had already set up camp and with the help of Sudanese bootleg arabs created well established slave trade which is one of the roots of it's many regional conflicts in Sudan today

Last edited:
Daps
Nope. Mansa Musa f. Ex had alone more personal slaves than all of Somalis throughout history. And that is just 1 man
define slave and are you implying Musa engaged in the Africa to Arabia slave trade:comeon:while i'm not sure how many or to the extent they were involved i'm sure Somalis were heavy players in the slave trade both as probably traders and victims

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I think you need to give up, and stick to topics you know or cultural familiar with, because you are out of your league here especially when you talking to a person like myself from the country, and who visit and lived in a few gulf arab states. I pretty much know the soccer team a few is from darfur Western Sudan, and a few from Southern Sudan, different regions within what is known as Sudan, but not of the Nile Valley North Sudan which is the topic people of this thread, not other regions of the country.

Sport teams is not always a good representation of a entire population.

Something like this make sense.

I know what I'm talking about, this is not science it's my opinion. It's all man made constructs.

Not that it really matters but half of my family is from a country just south of Sudan.

Daps

The point is that it's exactly the same thing, since a lot of black people in the states are mixed with cacs to some degree. .
that's a matter of perspective but when you judge by the whole mixed it's really only a minor fraction of
blacks in America:stopitslime:..what do black people in the States have to do with Sudanese identity crisis:dahell:

Thuglet

Banned
Daps
Reppin
A on everything thats whaddup
define slave and are you implying Musa engaged in the Africa to Arabia slave trade:comeon:while i'm not sure how many or to the extent they were involved i'm sure Somalis were heavy players in the slave trade both as probably traders and victims

"Musa made his pilgrimage (to Mecca) between 1324-1325.[15] His procession reportedly included 60,000 men, including 12,000 slaves who each carried four pounds of gold bars and heralds dressed in silks who bore gold staffs, organized horses, and handled bags."

Also Somalis weren't the heavy players in the Arab slave trade. The Arabs were.

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
I know what I'm talking about, this is not science it's my opinion. It's all man made constructs.

Not that it really matters but half of my family is from a country just south of Sudan.

So you are a al janub? Interesting, i am assuming you grew up in the states.

yeyeye

All Star
Daps
arabization/Islam set Sudan back just far as colonization...last i checked even before the arrival of the British occupation arabs,Turks had already set up camp and with the help of Sudanese sub arabs had set up well established slave trade in Sudan which is one of the roots of it's many regional conflicts today
Slavery existed in Sudan way before it's Islamization. Makuria used to give slaves to arabs as part of a treaty.