Are North Sudanese considered black?

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Black is just a color don't really mean much. That's why there is no one definition of it and why it keeps changing. Nobody is going to say an Igbo/zulu/yoruba might be sometime else, it's already set in stone. Also you may hate to admit it but when someone talks about "black people" they are mostly likely talking about African Americans. I'm not even black american and will admit that.
exactly. Some of these nikkas like the pseudo fake militant @3rdWorld fail to acknowledge that Black people from around the world don't share the same understanding of race, not surprising since it is a social construct.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
What's so funny? What I do find funny is that Western Africans can adopt Christianity and European culture to the point that they have a European language as the official one, and adopt European names, etc but when East African countries are slightly or full out arabized culturally or Muslim nikkas then call them c00ns and shyt.
Northern Sudanese people are Black but arabized culturally, I have never seen Africans collectively dismissing them as Arabs (arabs are not even a race), I have lived in Africa myself.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Black is just a color don't really mean much. That's why there is no one definition of it and why it keeps changing. Nobody is going to say an Igbo/zulu/yoruba might be sometime else, it's already set in stone. Also you may hate to admit it but when someone talks about "black people" they are mostly likely talking about African Americans. I'm not even black american and will admit that.
Even when talking about color African Americans arent the only people with the black skin color and our group has people of different skin colors from light to brown to black. :upsetfavre:

To only call AAs black people is wrong and doesnt make sense whether you subscribe to the social construct of race or not. That is something that some of you wont admit.

Our ethnicity is African American so if you dont believe in race then you would refer to us as AA and thats it.

exactly. Some of these nikkas like the pseudo fake militant @3rdWorld fail to acknowledge that Black people from around the world don't share the same understanding of race, not surprising since it is a social construct.
Its pretty much known by most that some people outside of the US ignore race and only focus on ethnicity since race is newer than ethnicity.

Last edited:

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
Even when talking about color African Americans arent the only people with the black skin color and our group has people of different skin colors from light to brown to black. :upsetfavre:

To only call AAs black people is wrong and doesnt make sense whether you subscribe to the social construct of race or not. That is something that some of you wont admit.

Our ethnicity is African American so if you dont believe in race then you would refer to us as AA and thats it.

Its pretty much known by most that some people outside of the US ignore race and only focus on ethnicity since race is newer than ethnicity.
I didn't say that only to call AAs black, I said that when someone mentions black people in general it's usually about AAs. Obviously AAs range in skin color didn't say otherwise.

Blackout

Daps
I didn't say that only to call AAs black, I said that when someone mentions black people in general it's usually about AAs. Obviously AAs range in skin color didn't say otherwise.
Its still wrong to mainly call AAs black and not other black groups especially since there was a bit of admixure when we were brought here and those in Africa are less admixed than us.

Something people who do that fail to admit.

You said black is just a color so I mentioned AAs other colors.

Last edited:

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
Its still wrong to mainly call AAs black and not other black groups especially since there was a bit of admixure when we were brought here and those in Africa are less admixed than us.

Something people who do that fail to admit.

You said black is just a color so I mentioned AAs other colors.
yea it's unfortunate but AAs will mostly just say they are black over AA.

Blackout

Daps
yea it's unfortunate but AAs will mostly just say they are black over AA.
Its better to be that way because it united people all over the African Diaspora here in the US and allowed us to rise.

Different ethnicities uniting has been proven to be very beneficial.

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
Sudanese people confuse me, some look like Somalis, some look like Ethiopians, some look like Nigerians, some look biracial, and others stereotypical Arabs.

I guess it depends on what category ur features fall in.

:patrice:
I'm south Sudanese. ...

I look like a Somalian. .. but lighter brown skin.... with some AA traits (Nigerian looking) I feel like me and my family look like gods, tbh. The mix is the best on Earth. :dame:

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
Its not a social contruct.

And even if it was, it's reality. So that fakkit ass claim, doesn't negate the social impact of race.

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
I'm south Sudanese. ...

I look like a Somalian. .. but lighter brown skin.... with some AA traits (Nigerian looking) I feel like me and my family look like gods, tbh. The mix is the best on Earth. :dame:

South Sudanese like the tall dinkas? Is there another group besides them?