Are North Sudanese considered black?

Daps
Strong centuries old ties to the Arab World + Arabic is an Official language in Somalia alongside Somali which is the National language

And no Somalia has never been ruled by an outside force, not even Arabs. Closest Somalia has been was under the Ottoman Empire when Eritrea, Djibouti and a small part of Northern Somalia was under the Ottoman for a short while.
by centuries ties do you mean selling your own people and other Africans to a-rab slave traders :mjpls:

Daps
We took their money and weapons after falling out with the Soviets, we had a strong leader back then who couldn't be influenced by The Soviets so the Arabs couldn't really control him. We should have quit the Arab league as soon as stories of human rights abuses against Somali refugees in Arab countries (particularly in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf) during the civil war. Our current or U.N/US backed Gov are addicted to the Arab aid money and are highly corrupt. Disgusting relationship
oh so you don't have to be arab to be apart of the arab league....makes sense:yeshrug:

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
So no ever left Sudan and no one ever migrated to Sudan :krs:

He is comparing our reality to the latin American reality. Which i agree, it is definitely not the same, even from the island you are from is definitely not the same. For example how many native Americans still exist in your country? or at least one person speaking any indigenous languages on any of the islands. I don't believe there is many, but the Sudanese reality is a contrast. I am not saying we don't have mixed people, but they are definitely not the majority of North Sudanese people. Whereas Latin countries such as Brazil was definitely a different reality than ours. We really don't have a history of conquest like the Americas, colonization yes, but replacement of whole population like the Caribbean and other areas of Americas No, that is not our reality.

Daps
So no ever left Sudan and no one ever migrated to Sudan :krs:
i'm sure there has been some admixture among certain Sudanese with foreigners but not to the extent of the new world Latinos whom(unlike Sudanese can't be pigeonholed as single race) cause they are a collection of different races with huge multi and even tri racial populations and many others leaning more toward one race country to country and even individual to indvividual

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
He is comparing our reality to the latin American reality. Which i agree, it is definitely not the same, even from the island you are from is definitely not the same. For example how many native Americans still exist in your country? or at least one person speaking any indigenous languages on any of the islands. I don't believe there is many, but the Sudanese reality is a contrast. I am not saying we don't have mixed people, but they are definitely not the majority of North Sudanese people. Whereas Latin countries such as Brazil was definitely a different reality than ours. We really don't have a history of conquest like the Americas, colonization yes, but replacement of whole population like the Caribbean and other areas of Americas No, that is not our reality.

i'm sure there has been some admixture among certain Sudanese with foreigners but not to the extent of the new world Latinos whom(unlike Sudanese can't be pigeonholed as single race) cause they are a collection of different races with huge multi and even tri racial populations and many others leaning more toward one race country to country and even individual to indvividual
i think Sudan can be compared to a Peru or Guatemala where the majority are predominately native but speak Spanish
Arab and Latino identity are similar in that they are multiethnic labels...

Daps
i think Sudan can be compared to a Peru or Guatemala where the majority are predominately native but speak Spanish

the way i understand their situation/it was explained to me only a few prominent Northern Sudanese tribal leaders families were rugwenching/breeding with a-rabs and the arab identify didn't really take hold in Sudan until much later cause of religion government policy of forced arbabization.:yeshrug:

btw...I also think the Spaniard ancestry of many latinos like Peruvians,Guatemalans , and many Mexicans is exaggerated for obvious reasons...it's just as stupid for brown native and black people to claim Latino for the same reason it for black Africans to claim arab:aicmon:

Last edited:

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.

I think the problem is when people think of "Sudan" they think South Sudanese or "Darfurian" which i don't have a problem with. Any person that deviates from that is suspect, but the reality is we look like our neighbors whether it is Upper Egypt in the North or the Horn of Africa. If Sudan broke apart to our original regions, North Sudan would basically look like that a combination of Upper Egypt and the Horn of Africa with a little bit of Darfur( people wise) and some admixtures and that about it.

Sudan

Upper Egyptians sufis

Not really a big difference, one in a obscure village setting in Upper Egypt, the other in the urban kids in Khartoum partying like there is no tomorrow.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
You do realise black people have existed long before the phrase "African-American" right?
The phrase "black people" as a catch all term for ALL OF us, from our mouths, didn't exist before African Americans came to prominence.
Negros, Colored, Ethiopian, etc...were the words for ALL BLACK PEOPLE.
WE (african americans) started using that word to describe OURSELVES and it was POPULARIZED GLOBALLY.
Now it describes all black people.
"African american" is some shyt Jesse Jackson made up.

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
African culture is african culture. Not every culture in Africa is black, but they're all african.

When you talk about Black Culture, you are most likely (like 99%) of the time talking about AA culture. Same when talking about white culture you're most likely (like 99%) talking about White American culture.

In SA f.Ex they have Coloureds, and those have their own Coloured Cultures

African Cultures are plentiful because there are tons of nations and tribes here that have their own language, shared heritage and culture. So those cultures are instead labeled the name of the nation or tribe. When talking about them in a broader sense you label them with the geographic location they're from, Africa.

So Igbo, Zulu or Yoruba culture doesn't come under the "black culture" umbrella?

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
The phrase "black people" as a catch all term for ALL OF us, from our mouths, didn't exist before African Americans came to prominence.
Negros, Colored, Ethiopian, etc...were the words for ALL BLACK PEOPLE.
WE (african americans) started using that word to describe OURSELVES and it was POPULARIZED GLOBALLY.
Now it describes all black people.
"African american" is some shyt Jesse Jackson made up.

And when exactly did African Americans invent the term Black?

Thuglet

Banned
Daps
Reppin
A on everything thats whaddup
I said POPULARIZE, not invent.
@Samantar don't dap my posts, bytch.
WE ALL BLACK NOW...

Dapped it by accident(mobile) , undapped quickly when I realised whos post it was so no worries
by centuries ties do you mean selling your own people and other Africans to a-rab slave traders :mjpls:
Among other things yes, although it was mostly the Arabs themselves that brought slaves from Zanj to the Somali Peninsula and the rest of the Arab World

So Igbo, Zulu or Yoruba culture doesn't come under the "black culture" umbrella?

No, they have absolutely zero relation to Black Culture as its currently known.
But Black Culture is created by the African Diaspora and can therefore also fall under the 'African Culture' umbrella alongside Zulu and Igbo and that