Are North Sudanese considered black?

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Black is a culture and heritage that applies mostly to African Americans.
Black is a term to reference race.

African American culture and heritage is African American culture and AA heritage.

Black culture would be something that exists among multiple black cultures.

While we AAs are black, Africans would be more black than us because many in the countries within Africa have less mixture than our group.
Okey please tell me how Black is a race.
Google the "concept of race."

Last edited:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
i understand but a better comparison would probably be with Mauritania cause of their share history of once proud romanticized African people to defeated, disillusion servile caste of Gulf arabs.
That is true, but I was aiming to illustrate the discrepancy in situations that could be consider related not to showcase similarities.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
We took their money and weapons after falling out with the Soviets, we had a strong leader back then who couldn't be influenced by The Soviets so the Arabs couldn't really control him. We should have quit the Arab league as soon as stories of human rights abuses against Somali refugees in Arab countries (particularly in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf) during the civil war. Our current or U.N/US backed Gov are addicted to the Arab aid money and are highly corrupt. Disgusting relationship
:jbhmm:

lurker95

Rookie
Daps
define slave and are you implying Musa engaged in the Africa to Arabia slave trade:comeon:while i'm not sure how many or to the extent they were involved i'm sure Somalis were heavy players in the slave trade both as probably traders and victims

Somalis wheren't victims, since we didn't sell our own people:stopitslime: and very few somalis on the coast owned slaves. Funny how when the Arab Slave Trade is mentioned ppl are quick to bring up Somali agency in the trade, as if it wasn't limited to few on coastal towns lol

Daps
"Musa made his pilgrimage (to Mecca) between 1324-1325.[15] His procession reportedly included 60,000 men, including 12,000 slaves who each carried four pounds of gold bars and heralds dressed in silks who bore gold staffs, organized horses, and handled bags."

Also Somalis weren't the heavy players in the Arab slave trade. The Arabs were.[/QUOTE
like i told the last guy whom posted this ambiguous quote: How many masters dress their slaves in the finest of silks and why couldn't they have been his followers instead of slaves:comeon:I know Muslim Africans would sell everyone in their family to their arab lords/puppet masters if they were told it's the will of Allah though but i need more concrete proof.:yeshrug:..So i'm supposed to believe Somalis were just sitting on their hands while arabs ran arguably the biggest and longest slave trades in history on off Somalia's coast:childplease:

Last edited:
Daps
Somalis wheren't victims, since we didn't sell our own people:stopitslime: and very few somalis on the coast owned slaves. Funny how when the Arab Slave Trade is mentioned ppl are quick to bring up Somali agency in the trade, as if it wasn't limited to few on coastal towns lol
how certain are you about that? i remember Ethiopians denying ever been slaves for years then reading this and other articles about Ethiopian slaves in Arabia:patrice:
How an Ethiopian slave became a South African teacher - BBC News

same thing with Northern Sudanese they claim to have never been slaves then admit one of the conditions of peace treaty with the arab world was to provide Sudanese slaves annually for many years....now the Northern Sudanese will imply the slaves provided where all Southerners and maybe Nuba people yet all the slave descent people of Sudanese origin in Arabia look like your typical Sudanese arabs:comeon:

check this 2:00 mark in the video and tell me do the black women being describes as arabs being sold to Saudi sand cacs look Dinka or Northern Sudanese

i imagine the same history applies to Somalis but u just too proud to admit it....while i'm too lazy to start looking right now but sure i could find something if i started digging:ufdup:

lurker95

Rookie
Daps
how certain are you about that? i remember Ethiopians denying ever been slaves for years then reading this and other articles about Ethiopian slaves in Arabia:patrice:

same thing with Northern Sudanese they claim to have never been slaves then admit one of the conditions of peace treaty with the arab world was to provide Sudanese slaves annually for many years....now the Northern Sudanese will imply the slaves provided where all Southerners and maybe Nuba people yet all the slave descent people of Sudanese origin in Arabia look like your typical Sudanese arabs:comeon:

check this 2:00 mark in the video and tell me do the black women being describes as arabs being sold to Saudi sand cacs look Dinka or Northern Sudanese

i imagine the same history applies to Somalis but u just too proud to admit it....while i'm too lazy to start looking right now but sure i could find something if i started digging:ufdup:

Nah, I am certain, the reason for those slaves where there is because their own people sold them. Somalis didn't sell their own.

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.

You are seriously deluded, I think you should keep that victim mentality yourself, then again you just being you. I see they allow your idiotic ass to post again.

Daps
Arabs brought slaves to Somalia and some Somalis owned slaves, yet somehow we shoulder the blame for the slave trade.... Lmao

Nah, I am certain, the reason for those slaves where there is because their own people sold them. Somalis didn't sell their own.
yeah cause Somalis have such a great reputation being a unified/coheisve:childplease:

Thuglet

Banned
Daps
Reppin
A on everything thats whaddup
We took their money and weapons after falling out with the Soviets, we had a strong leader back then who couldn't be influenced by The Soviets so the Arabs couldn't really control him. We should have quit the Arab league as soon as stories of human rights abuses against Somali refugees in Arab countries (particularly in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf) during the civil war. Our current or U.N/US backed Gov are addicted to the Arab aid money and are highly corrupt. Disgusting relationship

Being the Devils advocate here;

By far the countries we export the most to are in the Arab League. We recently even overtook Australia in export of live sheep to the Middle East. Alot of Somali companies are based in the Middle East, including airlines and such. Also Deira in Dubai has a big Somali presence.
The biggest investors in Somalia are Persian Gulf states, and we can learn from them in building and planning. We already got alotta coastal cities with good names that might benefit from the same that Dubai f.ex did.

And Somalia is suspected by many experts to be rich in untapped minerals, gas, uranium and such because of our geographical proximity to the Middle East. Considering the Middle East harbor Major Oil giants and the likes, being in good relations with them can help Somalias economy greatly.

And truthly, Im actually more happy that Saudi is kicking out some Somalis. Much rather have them return to Somalia, or live in f. ex UAE where the Somali presence is strong and big( been to Dubai and was in a somali area, all I can say is Masha'allah) and where Somalis are second to Iranians in importing of goods. Somalis in Saudi Arabia more likely to be indoctrinated into Wahhabism/Salafism, which is spreading to Somalia and only doing harm.

Economy of Somalia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But as I said, I'm just being the Devils Advocate. Personally I think we could gai more by staying in the Arab League and try to keep good relations with the participating members, aswell as foster a relationship with India and China where in the future Somalia could become the main port hub for Chinese and Indian goods where they could then be exported to the rest of Africa. Us being located at the mlst eastern point of Africa only enhances the chances of this happening.

Daps
You are seriously deluded, I think you should keep that victim mentality yourself, then again you just being you. I see they allow your idiotic ass to post again.
nah i'm just having an interesting discussion on the Northern Sudanese identity and history.if you don't have anything worthwhle to add to the debate please hush:camby:let's be honest for a second here...Saudi Arabia's black slave caste look like your average Northern Sudanese "arab" and Northern Sudan has a documented history selling your own people to Gulf among other arab across the Middle East....it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out:comeon:

here is more on another one your oppressed former servile caste Sudanese cousins in another arab country(Palestine)

Daps
When it comes to outsiders then yes, but among our selves no
cause Alshabab prove that every day by recruiting outsiders(including Amerikkkan cacs) to help kill other Somalis during jihad and Somali human traffcikers look out for abused Somali migrants in Arabia:childplease: