Are Haircuts Getting Too Expensive?

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
What type of car your barber driving? :leostare:

If you see these brehs starting to be more flashy and upgrading their lifestyles while giving the same services, its time to give them a break and start cutting your own hair. I'm all for supporting black businesses, but a 40-70% increase in basic services is straight up absurd.

On a busy day, these cats can leave with $700+ in cash!!! :mindblown:
Lol he drives a all red Jeep grand Cherokee with all red rims

:leostare: He’s not a blood so why he spending money on all red rims?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Lol he drives a all red Jeep grand Cherokee with all red rims

:leostare: He’s not a blood so why he spending money on all red rims?

My barber now charges $30, but I give him $40 for doing a great job not pushing back my hairline. He now drives a Benz, but is complaining that ever since he started driving it, he lost a lot of longtime customers. I told him to be reasonable with his customers and not try to stunt, or else they will leave you and start cutting their own hair :ufdup:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I cut my own hair

Luckily I don't need the tight bald fade or anything too difficult.

I used to cut Bart Simpson and skylines into people's heads including my own so I could go more complex if I wanted, I just don't like the look that is totally ruined by a few days of growth. Lines, tight fades and such

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I hope everyone starts cutting their own hair, so these barbers are forced to drop prices again. These brehs want to stunt and ride new luxury whips and pop bottles in the Club nowadays.
You a hater. Everything went up. nikkas can make their own food but rarely cry when they go to restaurants for over priced shyt. nikkas out paying 300$ for Jordan's that came out 2 decades ago and cost under 20$ to manufacture. nikkas could fix their own cars but pay 100+ for labor at auto shops. Respect them barber's trade too. You ain't gotta go, but you hoping they're ran outta business is hater shyt.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
You a hater. Everything went up. nikkas can make their own food but rarely cry when they go to restaurants for over priced shyt. nikkas out paying 300$ for Jordan's that came out 2 decades ago and cost under 20$ to manufacture. nikkas could fix their own cars but pay 100+ for labor at auto shops. Respect them barber's trade too. You ain't gotta go, but you hoping they're ran outta business is hater shyt.

I just want prices not to skyrocket 40-70% over basic needs in just a 2 year period. Back in late 2019, My barber only charged $15 per head. Now its $30. But now he has far fewer customers. No one doubles their prices in just 2 years over a basic service, even under a pandemic.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I just want prices not to skyrocket 40-70% over basic needs in just a 2 year period. Back in late 2019, My barber only charged $15 per head. Now its $30. But now he has far fewer customers. No one doubles their prices in just 2 years over a basic service, even under a pandemic.
On average, a hair cut could take an hour. What nikka with any trade wants to make 15$ an hour. It's Lil pimply faced kids, making THAT working at best buy or close to that at burger Jobs.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
On average, a hair cut could take an hour. What nikka with any trade wants to make 15$ an hour. It's Lil pimply faced kids, making THAT working at best buy or close to that at burger Jobs.

But the tips and the flexible schedule is gold to barbers. When they were charging $15 per cut, people were giving him $25 to $40. The breh that I knew was clearing $80k per year, TAX FREE. When he started charging $30 an hour, he didn't get as many customers as he used to, but he was getting over $900 on a busy day! :whew: Even on a slow day, he was making north of $4-500. Coming home weekly with $2,500 to $4,000 since early this year, he was even on the phone with another barber, talking about "ever since I raised these prices, I been making over $4k a week with ease! :steviej: "

A lot of these dudes doubled their income in a matter of months. You see how they upgrading their lifestyles something crazy.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
yall r willing to pay..

bought a machine and just fade my own shyt

• Dap
Reactions: DLo

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
My barber now charges $30, but I give him $40 for doing a great job not pushing back my hairline. He now drives a Benz, but is complaining that ever since he started driving it, he lost a lot of longtime customers. I told him to be reasonable with his customers and not try to stunt, or else they will leave you and start cutting their own hair :ufdup:
To be honest I don’t care what my man’s does what his money plus he’s got a son so it is what it is. I never pay attention to his wealth but I did find it crazy how everybody price went up regardless of region.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
To be honest I don’t care what my man’s does what his money plus he’s got a son so it is what it is. I never pay attention to his wealth but I did find it crazy how everybody price went up regardless of region.

I dont mind supporting black businesses, it's just that how you complain that you struggling when you double your normal permanent income in just months? :mindblown:

I get It, some professionals want that big $$$, but a handful want to stunt.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Not even worth the drive and money anymore. I just cut my own shyt.

I wonder how many customers these barbers lost since the price gouging? :patrice:

Cause a lot of people started cutting their own hair this year.