Are Haircuts Getting Too Expensive?

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Alot of dusty nikkas on here…

I noticed some people saying they ain’t had a haircut in years or since the pandemic.:picard:

But yea the prices has surged..it’s like 50+ in ATL

My nikka!!! These prices kn atlanta is crazy.

I paid 65 but it came with a head massage/wash . The chick was the barber. But still they charging crazy prices.

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
i swear back when i was 16 i would get faded up for $7 and look fresh for school. I'm in south texas so we ain't reach the 30 price range yet, it's $20-25 around here :salute:

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
I’ve been cutting my hair more and more over the years but with the pandemic I ordered professional clippers how ever I feel like the clippers and trimmers I would buy from Walmart, Burlington, and Macy’s were so much better.

My shyt got pushed back plus since I had been growing my hair out I had a lot of cowlicks there was a family event when I went to the barbershop my barber wasn’t there however there was a new barber from OKLAHOMA when we live in NEW YORK inevitably he fukking chopped my shyt

Imma try this one hair grow thing for 2022 after that I’m rocking a baldy lowkey I would rock Bald Fades a lot when I was younger so I don’t have the same stresses as others with worrying about things like head shape

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
COVID was the best opportunity to learn how to cut your hair I started to go back to the barbershop a few months ago but Im cutting my haire better than the barber now

EffYou

Pissing excellence since 1995
Daps
$20-50 depending on which state I’m in

Menna

All Star
Daps
:stopitslime:
Why is every statement on this board always wilfully misinterpreted? My point is that you have to walk a fine line between raising prices as costs of living rises while being careful to not charge more than the market will bear, especially when wages remain stagnant as they have for the past few decades in America. If you charge too much, it creates an opportunity for businesses that will undercut you. It's actually already happening at the low end. There are Chinese (!!!) and Latinos cutting black hair at rock bottom prices while some black barbers are charging $45 + tip for a cut. All the group economics and race loyalty in the world is not going to stop people who don't have the money from going for the cheaper option if it is OVERWHELMINGLY cheaper.
Your in the Market for a bear? I think I know someone selling

Crude

Superstar
Daps
I respect the hustle and understand those barbers got to eat too, but paying anything more than 40 bucks for a cut and shave that might take 20 minutes on average is absurd.

Like I said in earlier posts on this subject though the market dictates what you charge and it’s not about what they charge it’s what people are willing to pay.

Dudes paying $300 for sneakers that it might have cost NIKE 10-20 bucks to manufacture. Same thing with Apple and those iPhones, if you think it’s taking them more than a couple hundred bucks to manufacture those iPhones that they charging you a thousand plus for when they hit the stores I got some oceanfront property in Nebraska I’d like to show you.

These type of business models aren’t sustainable though, you can’t keep artificially inflating the price of goods and services while wages remain relatively stagnant. That’s going to lead to an economic collapse of some type likely in our lifetimes.

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
71j7d1GMhwL._SL1500_.jpg

Link?