Are Haircuts Getting Too Expensive?

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
:francis: my barber going up to 40 in February. About to be wave gang in here; I can't be giving up 40 every two weeks just for some tapers and a crisp lineup

It’s rough out here in LA if you want that sharp lined fade you going to pay..I pay 80 cash every 14 days

:why:Where you getting your cuts at bro even boogie ass places like RVM off Wilshire charging like a 50 or 60 a head

Last edited:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
some barbers charging 50 and up here. skilled barbers though.

the price i dont mind its the "appointments" "online booking" shyt that is the worst development in haircuts.
:dwillhuh:Why you don’t like the online booking system? Shyt beats the days of walking in and your barber hitting you with the “I just got two heads in front of you Bruh” bullshyt.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
My barber is out the shop due to a family emergency and I don't even miss him.

$25 now for the same cut I've been getting for years? :francis:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Real men don’t get haircuts. They let it grow or cut it themselves. Real men don’t let another man tell them to sit in a chair and put a cape on them. Not at Harlem Cuts. I been cutting my own hair since 3 months old. A nikka can’t put a cape on me and spin me around in a chair. shyt is preposterous

Tim2520

Staying Alive
Daps
Reppin
Nyc
I pay $35 for a cut and $20 for a shape up ,I go to the shop every week

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Real men don’t get haircuts. They let it grow or cut it themselves. Real men don’t let another man tell them to sit in a chair and put a cape on them. Not at Harlem Cuts. I been cutting my own hair since 3 months old. A nikka can’t put a cape on me and spin me around in a chair. shyt is preposterous
They might as well call em daddy

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
40 for me, 25 cut + 15 tip because I always tip heavy and it gets me to the front of the line every time I show up, I magically become "His new appointment"....

But for the pandemic I grew it out and stopped cutting it, stopped caring. Now that I am around people again, I needed to look and feel like I did pre-pandemic....

It's worth the cost to me and I write it off as a business expense...

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Used to go to the barber every week for a cut/ lineup I learned how to cut my own hair a decade ago and ain't never been back in a shop since so these prices ya'll talkin got me like :picard: :mjlol: :mjcry:

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
I remember when some nikka tried to charge me 45 dollars for a cut and mind you this was a hole in the wall barbershop (only 3 barbers working). Cut wasn't that fly at all, I just needed a cut bad. We get done, this mufugga told me 45, I hit him with the :dahell: and said I ain't got 45, I gave his ass 25 and walked straight the fucc out.

Ever since then I started growing my hair out getting cornrows, braids, and soon dreads. Also learned how to shape my own beard during covid. Do I miss it? Yea, but people in my family and women on the street say I look better with an Afro, even had a Mexican barber tell me I would look good with an Afro taper when I was getting fades so yea.

:dame:

:yeshrug: