Are Haircuts Getting Too Expensive?

sicksoulja

All Star
Daps
How long did it take before you started to like how it looked. How many times did you zeke yourself

Believe it or not breh never

My first cut was about a 7 not going to lie it wasn’t bad it just wasn’t fresh. I have slowly progressed to consistent 8.5s and 9s, I am not a pro yet but I like my shyt and I can cut my shyt anytime I want and I get hella compliments

Start with even all around cuts which is super easy just go with the grain all around with a 1 or 1.5 guard and you can’t mess up. The only challenging part imo is the crown as you have to be careful to follow the swirl.

As far as line up bro just take your time, If you go slow and slight fk up then you got one shot to fix it is my rule. If you fail at fixing it that one time LET IT GO and deal with it. Keep trying to fix it and you going to end up fking it up even more and setting your self back and you don’t want that.

There are so many tutorials out there my go too when I need knowledge is 360 Jeezy and Get_Beamed. They will teach you tricks to tapers and fades.

The satisfaction of cutting your own shyt is lovely especially when you knock that shyt out the park.

A1aaa

Respectful Fade Runner & Card Puller
Daps
There’s a spot by me that charges $70 for a haircut + beard trim combo. :mjlol:

Spot stays filled with yuppies.

Realistically, you need a weekly cut to stay fresh. Better to just learn yourself if you’re griping about prices because COL, inflation and rent prices are not going to make these prices go away.

Last edited:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
There’s a spot by me that charges $70 for a haircut + beard trim combo. :mjlol:

Spot stays filled with yuppies.

Realistically, you need a weekly cut to stay fresh. Better to just learn yourself if you’re griping about prices because COL, inflation and rent prices is not going to make these prices go away.

It’s a necessary expense unfortunately :francis:, if it’s one thing I’m going to do, it’s making sure I have money to eat and money for a fresh cut.

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
I don't give AF if it's 2003 or 2021. Nothing about the routine (outside gimmicks), or the sharpness of a cut, has changed, minus MORE barbers, who can cut, and the amount of barbershops, available. :camby:

Either your barber (or the barber) is sharp, or he isn't. Nggas been using blades. I was gettin a blade and dye jobs in junior high (98'), $30-$40, specialty cut. Plenty of barbers (who are frfr sharp), are sharp, with clippers alone. If you're sharpness, is completely dependent on a blade, you're not NICE. Barbers out here, coming up wit all these BS theatrics, and gimmicks to jack the price...

Hot-rags, opening your pores, straighten-combing your beard, eye-brows, dye-sprays, fake ass appointments, etc, etc. Miss me wit all that extra shyt. :pacspit:

Just line me TF up, and make sure I'm straight. A sharp barber was charging $10-$15 in the early 2000s. High-end of the spectrum, a dub ($25 after tip). Now some nggas are starting at $25 -$30 plus, and can't even cut. Barbers are giving the same cut, they was giving 20 plus years ago. You can only be so sharp.:deadmanny:

You got :trash: barbers starting at the same price, as nggas who are nice, too. You got barbershops, full of nggas starting at $30, and none of the barbers are nice. Whole shop full of garbage nggas. They only get all this extra shyt off, on young dumb nggas, who don't know no better, or folks who live in areas, where there isn't competition.:mjpls:

Last edited:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Yup they are. I hate having to pay 25 when 15 years ago I was paying 15 and I been going going to the same shop the entire time and I got the same damn head. :stopitslime:

Literally the same thing happened to me, but they raised prices because of COVID. It makes you less motivated to go to the barber when a shape-up is now the same price as a regular cut. :francis:

They do great work, but the prices were consistent for years. Regular cuts went from $12 to $15 at one point, and that was the only change in price before the pandemic.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
some barbers charging 50 and up here. skilled barbers though.

the price i dont mind its the "appointments" "online booking" shyt that is the worst development in haircuts.
Shyt crazy here in Brooklyn man. Dudes want brehs to download a app to book an appointment, and then the way the cuts are listed on the app is confusing af. Then gotta pay money for a consultation:francis:.

I just want a regular low fade/beard trim, all that extra shyt these new barbers be doing can go.