Are Haircuts Getting Too Expensive?

Spence

Superstar
Daps
you pay in us currency?
They probably only take Euros since he’s in Belgium, so like €8.50

October 26th will make the 20th year I haven’t had a hair cut :blessed:

I estimate my savings at over $15k :wow:

hair stopped growing in length and stays the same, hairline still crispy at 36 :wow:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some of these barbers are over charging I can admit that but you don’t have to go to them

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
Oh, yea, why do all these mfs keep spraying that black spray bullshyt on my hairline. Is this how they justify the increased price? because some of us aren't old.

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
Yeah my barber bumped his shyt up to $30 during the pandemic after charging $20 for a minute. I had to start fukking with the Dominicans once that happened. A breh is barely holding onto any hair so that price point just didn't make sense to me.:mjcry:I still take my boys to my old barber though. nikka done went Hollywood and only opens the shop once a week nowadays so I don't feel like I'm short changing a Black-owned business.

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
$45 w/ 15% tip. I fukking hate it, Im in LA so I can’t really complain but this shyt gets me hot every time I get out of the barber chair..I grew my hair out trying to avoid weekly haircuts but I’m still getting taxes for a quick side/back taper and line-up twice a month.

I just wanna be fresh brehs :sadcam:

I used to pay $15 in Htown and $20 in Austin, to go double the fukking price really hurt my soul.

Gotta learn how to cut my own shyt asap

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
You know, I didn't care about this before, but I was thinking about this for the past few months and it hit me that these mfs are giving me the same cuts from 5 years ago that now cost $10 more.

People are concerned that their prices outpacing inflation itself.

If the barbers keep this up, then NO ONE will go to them and everyone will cut their own hair.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Its beauticians and hair dressers doing real styles with hair like locs, twist, etc for hours and they charging $70-80 but these barbers done fooled you into thinking cutting some stray hairs and doing basic fades for 15 mins is worth $50 :heh:
Yall getting hustled like some gumps

10 years ago, I was only paying $15 a cut :jbhmm:

Now it doubled the price, and some barbers are going extra Hollywood with it. A lot of them barbers are complaining that a lot of (former) loyal customers are cutting their own hair.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brehs who cut your own hair can you post clippers and a whole kit. I’m going to try to learn to cut my own hair. I just need a simple temp fade with a straight hairline. Thin out my mustache and maybe cut my youngest sons hair.

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
if I do go back to the shops he gotta be an old head:russell:

sicksoulja

All Star
Daps
Brehs who cut your own hair can you post clippers and a whole kit. I’m going to try to learn to cut my own hair. I just need a simple temp fade with a straight hairline. Thin out my mustache and maybe cut my youngest sons hair.

Clippers
wahl magic clips
Babyliss Pro FX

trimmers
Wahl Detailers
Andis T- Outliners

Andis Cool Care
Mirror
Lustray Blue Spice Aftershave

When the pandemic first popped off I went out and brought Wahl Magic Clip and T-Outliners for about 130$ and never looked back. Since then I added the Babyliss Pro and Walh Detailers. I also have brought some quality guards. Best move I have ever made, turned out to be super easy. Was just giving my self even cuts then went to fading and tapers. Saved a bunch of money and cuts be nice.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps

Its more and more brehs cutting their own hair.

Soon, most of their customers are going to disappear, or come in much less often.

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Clippers
wahl magic clips
Babyliss Pro FX

trimmers
Wahl Detailers
Andis T- Outliners

Andis Cool Care
Mirror
Lustray Blue Spice Aftershave

When the pandemic first popped off I went out and brought Wahl Magic Clip and T-Outliners for about 130$ and never looked back. Since then I added the Babyliss Pro and Walh Detailers. I also have brought some quality guards. Best move I have ever made, turned out to be super easy. Was just giving my self even cuts then went to fading and tapers. Saved a bunch of money and cuts be nice.

How long did it take before you started to like how it looked. How many times did you zeke yourself