Apparently Sea of Thieves is dog shyt

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I'm watching gameplay, and the game looks hilarious if you actually play with people. Dude randomly joined a crew and got locked in a cage it seems, and the crew fukked around with him and wouldn't let him out. I'm yet to see what the objective of the game is yet tho. Do you have to go to war with other pirate gangs?
There is no objective, breh. Even the places you get missions from are just copy and pasted fetch quests. Game is trash. Uninstalled after 2 days

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
There is no objective, breh. Even the places you get missions from are just copy and pasted fetch quests. Game is trash. Uninstalled after 2 days

:mjcry: the music going sour with the Banjo poster in the back kinda hurt me a little.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm watching gameplay, and the game looks hilarious if you actually play with people. Dude randomly joined a crew and got locked in a cage it seems, and the crew fukked around with him and wouldn't let him out. I'm yet to see what the objective of the game is yet tho. Do you have to go to war with other pirate gangs?
The objective is social fukkery.

It's something we have not seen in a game yet.

Most games are built with the "game" in mind. SOT was built with social fukkery in mind. The story/experience you posted here is "it".

People who are down for that will find a lot of fun with this game.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

Most games are built with the "game" in mind. SOT was built with social fukkery in mind. The story/experience you posted here is "it".

The fukkery is actually A1.

When you see another pirate ship over the horizon. :steviej:

When you tell your squad to watch the ship while you drop off the loot and he shoots himself onto the island... 5 minutes later you see your ship sailing away. :wtf:

When you're on the chase and get caught be the kraken. :damn:

When a guy tries to sneak on your ship and you walk out of the hold and hit him with the Draco. :umad:

When the highest nikka in your crew steers into the island. :demonic:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

I think these kind of games need to be cheaper. when people spend $60 on a AAA game, they expect some kind of compelling single player experience

LordLyons

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Basically these developers are cutting ends to the content and are NOT attempting to create an experience for their consumers. Due to social media and youtube streams and twitch, the gamers will have to use their imagination and create the experiences for themselves. Like breh above me said, the real experience in this game is social fukkery. And I really can't blame them for doing that as long as the consumers continue to accept and make excuses for it :yeshrug:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO

It was a lot of social fukkery in the division with the Dark Zone

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think these kind of games need to be cheaper. when people spend $60 on a AAA game, they expect some kind of compelling single player experience
Yeah, I get it.

But conversely those compelling single players experiences aren't built for the long run. You "experience" them and move on.

I think the way games are reviewed has become antiquated. Games are different now. People's expectations and experiences are different.

For $60 you get a product that will be supported and viable for years to come, and there are other cheaper ways to jump in if the $60 price tag is too much.

So I don't think the $60 day one "review/impression" is really valid for this or most games coming out these days.

Daps

Sounds like the gaming version of the excuse stans of hip hop artists use when people aint fukkin with their latest work when they say shyt like

"b b but it takes a certain frame of mind to like and appreciate the album"
"you're not listening to the album properly"

Game is trash but thats expected of anything associated with Xbox :hubie: