Supporter
Daps
Staining my soul and stinging my eyes
The red on my hands
Won't wash away, wash away
No where to run from what I have done
I'm no longer, no longer
A Rose of May

ready to see General Beatrix use Stock Break and wash fools with new graphics:wow:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, I really tried to give 9 a fair shot. Back when I was a kid, all I heard were people singing praises for it while trashing 8. A few yrs back, I started a playthrough of 9. I can say that the main thing getting in the way of my fun is the artstyle. I just can't overlook it. I think Zidane is a cool ass character, but man. Maybe someday.

FF8 was the first FF I really took seriously. Had the strategy guide and all. Regardless of what people think about the Junction system, characters, and the enemy scaling, I'll always love that game. I can turn it on and enjoy it with ease.

That being said, I'd be up for giving FF9 a try in remake form.

The first DISC of Final Fantasy 8 was top tier, the story just fell apart from there

I mean the story of 8 is way more understandable and coherent than Final Fantasy VII, it just fell flat feels like an entirely different game after the first disc

Harry Porter all those young adult books and movies swaggered jacked Final Fantasy 8 and that's just the truth, nothing like any of stuff existed until this game

They all take story elements and concepts from this game, it's not even debatable

Turlast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Two One Five
The first DISC of Final Fantasy 8 was top tier, the story just fell apart from there

I mean the story of 8 is way more understandable and coherent than Final Fantasy VII, it just fell flat feels like an entirely different game after the first disc

Harry Porter all those young adult books and movies swaggered jacked Final Fantasy 8 and that's just the truth, nothing like any of stuff existed until this game

They all take story elements and concepts from this game, it's not even debatable

Facts. Loved disc 1. The time traveling stuff threw me off hard.

I remember when I was fighting Seifer towards the end and Odin starting coming out on his horse.

I was like, "This nikka Seifer about to get split in two before the fight starts", only to see Odin get split in two.

As a kid, my mind was all the fukkin way blown. Seeing Seifer pull that shyt off had me thinking it might be a wrap for me in the fight.

I'm gonna have to give that game another playthrough soon.

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
IX is the better game but 8 needs the remake out of the entire series. Seeing the Garden using the current generation’s graphics? Squalls limit breaks? The intro fight? The story after disc 1? Junction system? There’s so much for them to work with that could be expanded/explained (the lore), improved on and developed. I’m excited for the remake nonetheless though. Zidane is one of the best FF protagonist in the series, hopefully they keep his Dissidia look.

Superstar
Daps
The romance didn't work. The world didn't feel fantastical enough imo. The draw system was trash.
No less fantastical than 7, draw system was fun when you can use it for weapons and skills, shyt was heat when it dropped and still heat when I played the remaster (the faces look weird in the remaster though)

tenor.gif

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
im more hype for this than FF7 REMAKE PT 2 no lie. FF6, Tactics, 9>>>>>FF7