Apparently Final Fantasy IX Remake trailer was shown today

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
X remake when?
Prob after Vii remake is done. Considering how Vii and X are the 2 most popular entries I imagine they would go all out if they were to remake X like they are doing with vii. If that ever were to happen.

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
Prob after Vii remake is done. Considering how Vii and X are the 2 most popular entries I imagine they would go all out if they were to remake X like they are doing with vii. If that ever were to happen.

I don't see a remake happening for X in a long time. They were talking about working on X-3 last I heard.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I understand why they remade VII first, but honestly, they should've had remakes for all the games in the 2D/8-bit era and then for the 3D games without voice actors.

They would've felt like new games
I really believe Square's current management doesn't give a damn about FF beyond 7, 14 and the newest one they are working at the time.

There's been a very vocal amount of fans saying that, they did the FF3 and 4 DS remakes, and a 1-2 GBA collection that's slightly higher quality, but for the most part FF1-6 has been untouched. If they could give us a real remake of 4, 5 or 6, especially 6 they would quickly realize how much the fanbase supports those games

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
Kuja was trash...why is this being remade?

With the remake there's a chance they can expand on aspects that felt kind of shallow in the original. Zidane and Kuja being brothers is definitely something I can see them putting more emphasis in and their relationship with their father.

I really believe Square's current management doesn't give a damn about FF beyond 7, 14 and the newest one they are working at the time.

There's been a very vocal amount of fans saying that, they did the FF3 and 4 DS remakes, and a 1-2 GBA collection that's slightly higher quality, but for the most part FF1-6 has been untouched. If they could give us a real remake of 4, 5 or 6, especially 6 they would quickly realize how much the fanbase supports those games

Idk if it's just the nature of entertainment these days being disappointed hype, but the main titles from 12 onward feel largely forgettable. Giving the past titles remakes you can bank on fans from those games buying in while also introducing the games to a new generation and really flesh out the story with HD 3D and voice acting treatment.

The new titles feel really hit or miss these days. FF13 and 14 came and went for me

Last edited:

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
We still haven't got FF7 Part 2 remake. Now they want to remake 9? If they want to remake something, either remake FF6 in Octopath Traveler style or FF Tactics and put either one on Switch.
Man if a FFT remake came out? That's an INSTANT cop, no questions asked. Lord please hear my cries! :sadbron:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
We still haven't got FF7 Part 2 remake. Now they want to remake 9? If they want to remake something, either remake FF6 in Octopath Traveler style or FF Tactics and put either one on Switch.
6 is critically acclaimed. 9 is a remake but I don't think they're going balls to the wall like with 7.

I think when 7 is done they'll give that same treatment to 6.