AOC... what’s the deal

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Nothing anyone of says matters as long as we have a federal reserve, until we dismantle that nyc is gonna be too bankrupt constantly for her to make the changes she truly wants to do
We need a financial reset, then everyone will have equal footing and these policies you guys dream about will have a chance
Until then everything you guys want corporations will get cause they're complicit with the fed, y'all need to understand dollars are worthless and things tied to it are overvalued

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
She is very smart and likable and It seems like she would make a good president but unfortunately her policies are too left leaning (Medicare for everyone, free entry into college, universal income) and most of the country won’t get on board with her at all.

I would love to have her as president but I don’t don’t think it is possible unless there’s a big big demographic change within this country in the next 10 years.

You do realize that biden won exclusively from the black vote right?

Like literally, everywhere where a centrists agenda was "popular," he lost. Maybe Arizona is the only place that was purple that went to Biden. He won in states that had MASSIVE BLACK TURNOUT PERIOD. You don't need to pander to white people to win the presidency. Remember, Biden is winning but Trump has more votes THAN ANY OTHER REPUBLICAN IN AMERICAN HISTORY AND THE HIGHEST PERCENTAGE OF WHITES THAT ANY OTHER IN AMERICAN HISTORY.

And still fukking lost because of black turnout in swing states. GEORGIA fukkING FELL. It's time to get gangsta with policies.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
You do realize that biden won exclusively from the black vote right?

Like literally, everywhere where a centrists agenda was "popular," he lost. Maybe Arizona is the only place that was purple that went to Biden. He won in states that had MASSIVE BLACK TURNOUT PERIOD. You don't need to pander to white people to win the presidency. Remember, Biden is winning but Trump has more votes THAN ANY OTHER REPUBLICAN IN AMERICAN HISTORY AND THE HIGHEST PERCENTAGE OF WHITES THAT ANY OTHER IN AMERICAN HISTORY.

And still fukking lost because of black turnout in swing states. GEORGIA fukkING FELL. It's time to get gangsta with policies.

Well, actually Trump overperformed with all minority groups winning the highest percentage of minority vote for a Republican since 1960.

Trump underpeformed with White voters, in comparison to where he was in 2016. If he got the same percentage of the White vote that he did in 2016, he would've won. He got 59% of Whites in 2016 and 55% in 2020.

Joe Biden was actually bailed out by the suburban White liberals who have started moving to places like Phoenix, Las Vegas, and Atlanta

White voters are the ones who skewed the election from Republican to Democrat.

Trump Gains Ground Among Minority Voters, but Loses Some With Whites

Daps
It's not overstated

Nikkas always neglect the fact that there are 50 other states

This same reasoning is what made nikkas believe that Texas was blue last night only for the non major cities votes to come in and turn it right back red

When you consider the macro it's not overstated at all

Yeah folks like to underestimate the large swaths of republican areas in america.

I really like that AOC wants to push for universal healthcare.
However, I just don't see universal health care passing in America any time soon.

I don't know one republican that will agree to it :mjlol:

Hell, trump said he was gonna cut social security and white folks still voted for him. I noticed progressives understimate the power of white resentment and how it shapes white voters to vote against their best interest. :francis:

Like, how will democrats ever create a universal healthcare program in america?

Daps
Some of these ideas, mainly free college and people paying their "fair share", are so insidious and poisonous to black Americans I sincerely think you have to ignore what those ideas entail to go along with it.

AOC is an idealist. She sells dreams. She will never have to bear the burden of the bad decisions she makes so she can virtue signal all she wants. Her own party is actively holding her back at times and for good reason.

Wait, what is wrong with free college and higher taxes :dahell:

But yeah, I agree with the last part, I just don't see her policies ever passing in America. Which sucks tbh, but that's the game I guess :shaq2:

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Wait, what is wrong with free college and higher taxes :dahell:

But yeah, I agree with the last part, I just don't see her policies ever passing in America. Which sucks tbh, but that's the game I guess :shaq2:

Education is already free.

College degrees are declining assets with rising costs. Making it so everyone has to pay for another individual's choices that may not even benefit society is a terrible game. You also run into the problem of your currency being devaluated even more. The only reason we are still the world's reserve currency is because everyone else's has sunk faster than ours. Once you write off debt that foreign entities own, you run the risk of cratering your economy.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's gotten even better - her mild criticism of the DNC for being bourgeois, divisive, and obsessively right-wing is getting her attacked by the Democrats in power.

More reason to support her, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, and Ayanna Pressley :yeshrug:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Education is already free.

College degrees are declining assets with rising costs. Making it so everyone has to pay for another individual's choices that may not even benefit society is a terrible game. You also run into the problem of your currency being devaluated even more. The only reason we are still the world's reserve currency is because everyone else's has sunk faster than ours. Once you write off debt that foreign entities own, you run the risk of cratering your economy.
That isn't quite how the currencies of world powers work - especially since trillions in debt and assets actually structure the economy.

Treating college degrees as an asset is point 1 of how individualism clouds clear thinking.

We have a crumbling infrastructure and a huge population of unemployed and incarcerated individuals - educational and training are a necessity.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yall Twitter is destroying AOC cuz they saying she almost lost biden the election:mjlol:

What's y'all thoughts on this :francis:
She had nothing to do with his piss-poor campaign, and considering she had to bite the bullet and (along with Sanders) actually support him - she helped.

Centrist democrats are retarded - there's no other way to describe them.

Meanwhile "conservative" Florida just raised their minimum wage to $15 :francis:

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
Yall Twitter is destroying AOC cuz they saying she almost lost biden the election:mjlol:

What's y'all thoughts on this :francis:

I blame it on these conservative white people. They don't want this country to move forward. And not only are they the majority of this country but they have the majority in the senate as well. Gonna be hard for us to make progress in this country if they continue to disregard people's needs and only look to maintain and enforce their conservative views.