AOC... what’s the deal

Daps
There isn’t much in either of these my post disagreed with. Like I said for myself (you probably didn’t read this and skipped over to post your editorial), as an upper middle income earner, I paid *more* in tax because I couldn’t take the salt deduction. My overall wealth went up though because of stock holdings rising from the benefit of the lowered corporate tax rate. That is the *one* facet of the trump tax cut I support and that many liberal economists support too because the notional corporate tax rate was one of the highest in the world.

the other bullshyt we could have dealt without such as the additional tax benefits for real estate investors. That, I would agree, is corporate welfare.

Liberal economists? Who the fukk says I'm a liberal. fukk Liberals

Daps
No shyt. But do you think the bank bailouts were only supported by republicans? Frankly, the federal reserve should have let the stock market fail during the pandemic last year, but neither party has the political willpower to withstand another prolonged recession.

Obama was in control of the country. Once again, who the fukk says the label Conservative only applies to Republicans? Obama is also a classic Conservative.

Daps
There isn’t much in either of these my post disagreed with. Like I said for myself (you probably didn’t read this and skipped over to post your editorial), as an upper middle income earner, I paid *more* in tax because I couldn’t take the salt deduction. My overall wealth went up though because of stock holdings rising from the benefit of the lowered corporate tax rate. That is the *one* facet of the trump tax cut I support and that many liberal economists support too because the notional corporate tax rate was one of the highest in the world.

the other bullshyt we could have dealt without such as the additional tax benefits for real estate investors. That, I would agree, is corporate welfare.

You keep talking about the lowering of the corporate tax rate which literally helped no one except YOU GUESSED CORPORATIONS AND THE RICH. You're proving my point

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
You keep talking about the lowering of the corporate tax rate which literally helped no one except YOU GUESSED CORPORATIONS AND THE RICH. You're proving my point
Some guy making a middle class wage with a 401k invested in the s&p 500 is rich?

anyone holding equity in American public companies benefited from the lower corporate tax rate because (omg this is so mind blowing) AFTER TAX PROFITS grew. Obviously, the rich benefited more because they have more equity, but a middle class worker getting a 25% return on his retirement account primarily because of a shift in the tax rate is nothing to scoff at.

both the rich and middle class benefited. And what about job growth from higher free cash flow? We’re ignoring that too?

Last edited:

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
It's all fukking corporate welfare, they shower trillions on corporations and leave scraps for the rest of us.
If the wealthy are paying the majority of taxes (rightfully so and by design) wouldn’t it logically follow that at least on a gross percentage basis, they would reap the majority of the benefit from any decreases in taxes too? This is simple math. Not sure why this is controversial.

people paying scraps into the tax pool are gonna get scraps upon any breaks.

Daps
If the wealthy are paying the majority of taxes (rightfully so and by design) wouldn’t it logically follow that at least on a gross percentage basis, they would reap the majority of the benefit from any decreases in taxes too? This is simple math. Not sure why this is controversial.

people paying scraps into the tax pool are gonna get scraps upon any breaks.

You do understand that you're speaking purely as if rich people and corporations actually pay taxes which many dont

55 Corporations Paid $0 in Federal Taxes on 2020 Profits

You paid taxes. These corporations didn't. – Center for Public Integrity

https://www.propublica.org/article/...ds-reveal-how-the-wealthiest-avoid-income-tax

US billionaires don’t pay tax, and our politicians don’t seem bothered | Maureen Tkacik

US super-rich 'pay almost no income tax'

It's extremely controversial because our crumbling infrastructure which they rely to do business needs them to back into it. We get screwed by them not paying taxes. This isn't hard, and I'm not sure why you don't understand it.

You have your fukking so far in the sand about this shyt. There's TONS evidence you're dead wrong but you just don't care because you're so drunk on ideology and it's sad.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
You do understand that you're speaking purely as if rich people and corporations actually pay taxes which many dont

55 Corporations Paid $0 in Federal Taxes on 2020 Profits

You paid taxes. These corporations didn't. – Center for Public Integrity

https://www.propublica.org/article/...ds-reveal-how-the-wealthiest-avoid-income-tax

US billionaires don’t pay tax, and our politicians don’t seem bothered | Maureen Tkacik

US super-rich 'pay almost no income tax'

It's extremely controversial because our crumbling infrastructure which they rely to do business needs them to back into it. We get screwed by them not paying taxes. This isn't hard, and I'm not sure why you don't understand it.

You have your fukking so far in the sand about this shyt. There's TONS evidence you're dead wrong but you just don't care because you're so drunk on ideology and it's sad.
How many of these businesses out of all businesses in existence don’t pay tax and what is their requisite share of overall corporate profits in America ?

I admit it’s a problem. No large corporation that is cash flow positive should get away with prolonged periods of not paying federal income tax and these businesses shouldn’t take advantage of any additional tax breaks. But in totality, how big of an issue is this, especially because while they may not be paying federal income taxes, they’re paying state, local and payroll taxes. How many companies simply slipped through and paid no federal income tax versus just having their tax bill reduced?

Also not a fan of how the very rich can shield income by being paid with stock and taking the long term capital gains rate versus a doctor or a banker who makes good money but gets raped by Uncle Sam.
IMO this is a bigger issue than the above dilemma. The mass affluent subsidize the poor, middle class and rich and it’s unfair.

Last edited:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
This is exactly why regular people shouldn’t be elected to positions of power.

sxoUKo1.png
Whoa, this dude might actually be a fascist

To the contrary, I admire politicians like Bill Clinton

What's not to like?

A serial sexual predator, who's friends with Jeffrey Epstein:manny:

NAFTA fukking the working class over
The Clinton Crime Bill
Deregulating Wall-Street
Welfare Reform
Whole family raping Haiti:wow:

Hell of a hero you got there
VABn4Dc.png