Anyone Grow Weed At Home? Even A Little?

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
I got 6 plants going right now, all from cuttings I took from a successful mama plant I started little more than a year ago. Typically I like to grow large bushes from an extended veg and take my time with it, but may flip the light schedule on these real soon so I can start some new genetics over winter. I grow in soil indoor in a 4x4 tent with leds, filter and inline fan. Can certainly grow on a shoestring budget, but without a filter that shyt will permeate all throughout your house

Edit- generally I start with one or two seeds and once I’ve identified a female plant, I immediately take cuttings from the lower growth. I root the cuttings in peat pod and make little dome chambers by taping two transparent, plastic drinking cups together. Then put these in the corner of a tent or I’ve done in a windowsill. They don’t really need direct light, just ambient. Open and mist the sides of the cup lightly every week, you just want to keep it humid in the cups. 2-3 weeks and you got roots and then into pots and the cycle starts all over again

Last edited:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
No secret or hidden knowledge here. You can find many sources that offer seeds that grow hella fast.....strains that go from seeds to flowers in 30 to 45 days that are good for novice growers as they do their thing and you don't necessarily have a green thumb to make it work.
The shortest I'm seeing (with replicable results) is 30 days veg/ 25- 30 days flower.

I have no qualms about your machine, it seemed you put it there as punctuation.......I should have worded it better.......no you don't need a machine in the process being spoken about........although they do make a particular appliance you can put seeds into and it does all the care for you from seed to flower.......
Oh no, I just put it there as a reference for anyone interested in growing in an aerogarden.

I grow (veggies) in my aerogardens, sometimes coco, sometimes soil. It's legal here now, so I'm learning a new plant, considering my set up, etc. We have a guestroom but the cats live there now. :martin:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Auto flowers are the worst for beginners they are on a timer and will flower after 30 days..fukk up before flower they will get stunted and you'll get a small yield.
I'm gonna give it a go. I can grow vegetables, so, following widely accepted nutritional and environmental guidelines, I should be able to grow, at minimum, a boisterous leafy plant. Flowering stage, Idk, but we gon see.

I need to show proof of concept before I can get my major investor (BAE 🥰) to commit real resources. :skip:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm gonna give it a go. I can grow vegetables, so, following widely accepted nutritional and environmental guidelines, I should be able to grow, at minimum, a boisterous leafy plant. Flowering stage, Idk, but we gon see.

I need to show proof of concept before I can get my major investor (BAE 🥰) to commit real resources. :skip:
autos dont need much in terms of nutrients especially if you use quality soil. Just a little during flowering should be enough

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
autos dont need much in terms of nutrients especially if you use quality soil. Just a little during flowering should be enough
I wanna try hydro of some sort, whether aerogarden or dwc. I've lost valuable (pepper) plants in soil to fungus gnats 😩, but I have success even at the lowest degree of hydro (kratky).

I bought a better light and am looking into a tent with all its attendant components. I'd like to automate as much as I can, so I'm working that out too.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I wanna try hydro of some sort, whether aerogarden or dwc. I've lost valuable (pepper) plants in soil to fungus gnats 😩, but I have success even at the lowest degree of hydro (kratky).

I bought a better light and am looking into a tent with all its attendant components. I'd like to automate as much as I can, so I'm working that out too.
Hydro is a whole nother can of worms and not worth it imo. You get a faster grow but you are really only saving like two weeks by the end of the grow cycle and maintaining pumps and fresh distilled water is a hassle. Also your nute schedule needs to be damn there perfect.

They do sell some automated hydro stuff but it is REALLY expensive.

If you get fabric pots and CocoLoco you kinda get the benefits of both worlds. No way you will have root rot and you get some of the faster growing benefits of hydro.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Hydro is a whole nother can of worms and not worth it imo. You get a faster grow but you are really only saving like two weeks by the end of the grow cycle and maintaining pumps and fresh distilled water is a hassle. Also your nute schedule needs to be damn there perfect.

They do sell some automated hydro stuff but it is REALLY expensive.

If you get fabric pots and CocoLoco you kinda get the benefits of both worlds. No way you will have root rot and you get some of the faster growing benefits of hydro.
:mjlol: I have those things. But I don't have faith in them. Maybe I should do a side by side of the same strain, trained the same and everything, one hydro, one in coco.

Remember, I'm just trying to establish proof of concept.

proof of con·cept
how to pronounce proof of concept - Google Search
noun

1. evidence, typically derived from an experiment or pilot project, which demonstrates that a design concept, business proposal, etc., is feasible.
    "the company was awarded the contract on the strength of evaluation, proof of concept, and budget"

Last edited:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

A few of my outdoor plants. That’s an Auto up front, you can see the difference in size between that and the photoperiod plant behind it.

Both started early june(which is kinda late, i usually start in early may), the auto is about done the other ones need at least another month.

Beautiful, but I can't grow outside. I'm in NYC. I'm fortunate to have two yards but neighbors are right there on the other side. All I can grow outside are veggies no one is trying to steal.

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Grow some other plants first. Peppers, tomatoes indoors.

Growing quality weed indoors, with no experience, for less than $2000 is maximum difficulty, even with a green thumb.

growing weed is suuuuuuper easy outdoors. Cuz it grows like a weed. :wow:
The only big cost items are lights and a tent , soil..if you use it. Nutrients and everything else is cheap. You can do it under $1000 getting quality equipment. Without a tent less.

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX

A few of my outdoor plants. That’s an Auto up front, you can see the difference in size between that and the photoperiod plant behind it.

Both started early june(which is kinda late, i usually start in early may), the auto is about done the other ones need at least another month.

Nice! Would love to try and throw one of mine outdoor just to see what happens. AZ hear is brutal tho, but more than that I’m trying to keep my neighbors as clueless as possible. We’ll see

Will probably top before flowering

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nice! Would love to try and throw one of mine outdoor just to see what happens. AZ hear is brutal tho, but more than that I’m trying to keep my neighbors as clueless as possible. We’ll see

Will probably top before flowering

Looks like you got what they call “the claw” going on.

Too much nutes. Just use water for a while.

Either that or too much light. LED lights are deceptive. They don’t get hot so the plants don’t “burn” but they show symptoms of too much light.

Dope setup tho, u should be able to get a good harvest.

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
Yeh those clones been hanging on a while. I decided to keep these ones going late after finishing the mother and first set of clones earlier this year. Got 15 off the mother and 17zs between the 4 clones, around 5 months seed to deed. These current 6 I cut from a second clone batch I had reveged making space while flowering the former, but were looking bad so I tossed them