Anyone Grow Weed At Home? Even A Little?

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
Man that was a good read bruh and very informative. I feel like you I'm forever chasing the whale but I got to admit dispensary bud ain't seeing mine with a flashlight. Them terps and high last way longer once it's dried and cured correctly. You venture off to breeding yet you know that's the next step in this game. I got a few strains I wanna mess with next year my boy who I got started in this created some real fire and I want to try my hand at it.
Not yet, and really that’s something I’m increasingly conscious of as my seed supply dwindles (and I don’t wanna pay for beans lol). There are some terps I want to regrow (I wanna say myrcene) but not sure what they were or name of plant to recreate, so maybe I should probably just hit a seed bank. Ive lucked out the last couple times with female plants that I keep going. Next time I get a male I might keep it around, but then that’s getting into a situation where two separate grow spaces make more sense. I’ll hear about people stressing female plants to produce seeds, but i have not yet. Also people treating female plants with colloidal silver to produce feminized seeds, but haven’t considered it very seriously yet. So for now, breeding the genetics is kind of secondary to the means for producing more seeds. Maybe in future

Anyway feel free to update or message on your pursuits and whatnot, I’d occasionally follow grow journals on the forums. Cool to bounce ideas or just follow along the ride.
Its still exciting for me bruh, still get the thrill, hope that doesn’t stop

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yo I’ve not attempted a 24 light veg in some time but I always found the dark period beneficial. Add into the fact that you consume less energy produce less heat that way too. Also less stress on equip.
But rock on man, long as it works for you then all that matters

Right now, I rely exclusively on my bro and friend for seeds they’ll encounter out of dispo weed on occasion. I sourced from herbies yeaaars ago with no issue, but not really moved to do it for now. But yeah, that’s led to some varying results
I only did 24/7 LEDs for the first few weeks, then I did 18/6, then I transplanted them outside on a nice sunny day to avoid shock. To me that's the best route to go if you're planning to grow outdoors. If you got a tent or a growbox then you can do whatever works for the strain or your setup. My homie is using the big boy VivoSun grow tent and he has enough room for about 6 plants plus humidifiers and a little bench/workbox to sit and work on. It's like it's own little world in there lol.

BTW, for seeds I recommend this place out of Maine:

Very fast, very discreet.

I got my order via USPS in like 2 business days.

All their seeds have been really really good and they give you tons of free seeds with your purchase.

Some of the free seeds they gave me with my order got me like :ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
ATL paid.. Cali blazed
Not yet, and really that’s something I’m increasingly conscious of as my seed supply dwindles (and I don’t wanna pay for beans lol). There are some terps I want to regrow (I wanna say myrcene) but not sure what they were or name of plant to recreate, so maybe I should probably just hit a seed bank. Ive lucked out the last couple times with female plants that I keep going. Next time I get a male I might keep it around, but then that’s getting into a situation where two separate grow spaces make more sense. I’ll hear about people stressing female plants to produce seeds, but i have not yet. Also people treating female plants with colloidal silver to produce feminized seeds, but haven’t considered it very seriously yet. So for now, breeding the genetics is kind of secondary to the means for producing more seeds. Maybe in future

Anyway feel free to update or message on your pursuits and whatnot, I’d occasionally follow grow journals on the forums. Cool to bounce ideas or just follow along the ride.
Its still exciting for me bruh, still get the thrill, hope that doesn’t stop
Same here I got a decade or better of beans when I started back I was buying them like I was buying weed so I went overboard. If you lookin for new cultivars to try check out Solfire Tikimadman and Clearwater Genetics. Terps so good make u smack ur lips and shake ur head in disbelief. Space Juice was one of dem strains that would get me high half way thru tha blunt and if I finished it I would instantly fall asleep and wake up hours later confused on what knocked me out and it taste like Sprite remix. I used Farmer Freeman in the past to get the reg seeds sex tested but now I'll just veg until it shows it's sex. I know what u mean when I'm away from the grow I'm thinking about the next bean imma pop, next pull for harvest and new shyt I wanna try. This is really a love of mine now. I smoke way too much to be buying out.

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
I only did 24/7 LEDs for the first few weeks, then I did 18/6, then I transplanted them outside on a nice sunny day to avoid shock. To me that's the best route to go if you're planning to grow outdoors. If you got a tent or a growbox then you can do whatever works for the strain or your setup. My homie is using the big boy VivoSun grow tent and he has enough room for about 6 plants plus humidifiers and a little bench/workbox to sit and work on. It's like it's own little world in there lol.

All their seeds have been really really good and they give you tons of free seeds with your purchase.

I’ve looked there before! actually more reasonably priced than most the market, and I believe they sell clones locally. Thanks for sharing your experience, and I must say, my frugality and interest has been intrigued with you telling me of said freebies. Oh, I thing one small hang up was the forms of payments available in some those seedbanks as US med/rec bus is still mostly a cash industry.

My experience with herbies was in like shytttt, 2010? International based in Netherlands. My order was small, and it came very discreet, hidden in a small package of beads

Yeah if I get one these plants outside to flower I might have some questions for you fellas down the line

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
They got whole tutorials on YT now.

TBH its not really worth it unless you just want a hobby :manny:

I thought I'd be getting plates......nah :mad:

Daps
Reppin
ATL paid.. Cali blazed

My go to spot for seeds...a few years back I got a Hella Jelly x Orange Creamsicle that was so gotdamn good I didn't even wanna smoke it. Smelled and tasted like a melted Starburst with some gas fumes. Northatlanticseed use to $2 and $5 single seeds and most times it was a cross they did and sometimes I would be better than more expensive packs. I was buying so much from them they know me on the first name basis and send me season discounts all the time now.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
FYI for those wondering, when I say 24/7 I don't mean 7 hours darkness...I forget I gotta specify when it comes to growing terms

I mean 24 Hours under the LED lights and then after about 2 weeks or so I got a timer so that it was 18/6 meaning 18 hours under light and 6 off darkness.

Then around the third week, I transplant and put them outside for natural sunlight

I also used Root Riot initially when I sprouted them. Root Riot Cube, seedling inside that, and then the root riot in the Fox Farm soil.

Last edited: