Anyone else don’t take black militants seriously anymore after all this Kamala mess?

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
I'm going to be honest.....the past I had around me no longer exists, especially in this city. I came up at a time where my HS principal got Mandela, who first when he first stepped foot on US soil came to my HS to speak to a gathering of 10,000 of us on the football field because no group of people wrote him while he was doing his bid in a south african prison more than BLACK NEW YORKERS. Or having TV shows like "Like It Is" ran by Gil Noble which as a public affairs television program focusing on issues relevant to the African-American community, in New York City between 1968 and 2011 and was one of the longest-running, locally produced programs of its kind in television history. Or going to hear Ivan Van Sertima speak at a nearby college.

Those men were REAL. Those men were AUTHENTIC and driven by the struggle. Those days are OVER. These buffoons on social media are driven by the spectacle they create, are phony and unread as fukk. Not sure how it can be revived but it's going to have to come from young people living in this new world of social media. The world I came out of is GONE, and I can't tell you the ways I came up because they don't apply. what I will say is to READ READ READ. Care enough about Black people to READ from our past scholars. This
Thank you. Point me to some more resources such as Like It Is so I can study them.

If any professors are still alive I’d like to talk to them privately so I can build a reading list.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Thank you. Point me to some more resources such as Like It Is so I can study them.

If any professors are still alive I’d like to talk to them privately so I can build a reading list.
Gil Noble passed away in 2012. They were supposed to digitize his library and haven't. :(

Every Sunday before football games, my dad made me pick up the NY Times and then watch this show for an hour.
Imagine watching this as a child?

Him having Dr Ben teaching us how Black jews were treated in Israel back in 83?

Have greats like Ivan Van Sertima (Rutgers), Dr. Ben (Cornell), John Henrik Clark (Hunter) all seated together, not being driven by out egoing each other.

This was the greatest Black community show ever.

And then you hear niqqas tell you to listen to Umar or Tariq or watch Hidden Colors? :hhh:

That shyt is so little league.

I'm thankful for growing up in THAT Brooklyn I came up in.

Last edited:

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
What can we expect out of a Kamala presidency, that will be so different from the Trump presidency? You can just provide bullet points.

I'm talking about extreme violent radicalisation
I dont live in 🇺🇸 however I know its gotta be real bad right now if ppl sending 🍩s all the way to 🇬🇧 just to intimidate people that can not even vote in ur election.

We had our election already
I wish u all the best possible outcome for your own.
I just don't agree with extreme radicalisation and violence in order to keep people from voicing their opinions.
People should have the intelligence to keep it above board

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
with any party you mean
I would be shocked, if most on here votes, I know they don't participate in either party. But I love watching these same clowns, who years ago, knew nothing, go on and on about this nonsense.

Reflected

Daps
I'm talking about extreme violent radicalisation
I dont live in 🇺🇸 however I know its gotta be real bad right now if ppl sending 🍩s all the way to 🇬🇧 just to intimidate people that can not even vote in ur election.

We had our election already
I wish u all the best possible outcome for your own.
I just don't agree with extreme radicalisation and violence in order to keep people from voicing their opinions.
People should have the intelligence to keep it above board

LOL

Reflected

Daps
The dumbest fukkers on this forum... They can't even string sentences together.

Watch this, I will buy this forum and LSA, and shut them both down. Watch.

Reflected

Daps
If I can't buy both forums, it's 100% psyop shyt.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
What can we expect out of a Kamala presidency, that will be so different from the Trump presidency? You can just provide bullet points.
I won't expect anything if the Republicans still hold congress.

Do you know how congress works?