Anyone buying marijuana stocks?

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
I sold this morning before the big drop (still took a hit of about $450). I read about this company Amarin this morning that did some good shyt with Fish Oil to combat Heart Disease. I sold off NBEV and 100 shares of AMD and got in AMRN at $9s. Its closed at $12.40 today. Right after I bought, it went up $10 and started receiving price targets of $50!

Good read for those interested:

REDUCE-IT™ Cardiovascular Outcomes Study of Vascepa® (icosapent ethyl) Capsules Met Primary Endpoint | Amarin Corporation plc

Some where expecting buyout offers of $50 a share when I bought this morning. Now, some are mention buyout offers of $80-$100.

Hopefully, I can add close to 100 shares Friday.

The rally in Amarin stock is far from over. The company has a $3 billion market cap now on $230 million in projected sales this year. That seems rich. But, the cardiovascular health market measures $500 billion in the U.S. alone, and ARMN just unlocked the code to tap into a big portion of that market. Plus, the company doesn’t have much competition because they are the only ones with positive data.

From this perspective, a $3 billion market cap for a company tapping into a $500 billion industry doesn’t seem all that big. That is why I think Amarin stock can still go higher. Much higher, actually.

Yahoo is now part of Oath

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
The rally in Amarin stock is far from over. The company has a $3 billion market cap now on $230 million in projected sales this year. That seems rich. But, the cardiovascular health market measures $500 billion in the U.S. alone, and ARMN just unlocked the code to tap into a big portion of that market. Plus, the company doesn’t have much competition because they are the only ones with positive data.

From this perspective, a $3 billion market cap for a company tapping into a $500 billion industry doesn’t seem all that big. That is why I think Amarin stock can still go higher. Much higher, actually.

Yahoo is now part of Oath

I flipped some ARMN this morning. . What's up with AMD? they got an announcement tomorrow morning or just bs?

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Not sure whats going on with AMD.

Lots of good news articles coming. Lots of new PTs. Intel still having bad news coming out. Even Nvidias last GPU is getting bad reviews.

Im cool w/ the flatline. I need to get my shares up before the next ER.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
is it possible to invest $20 in a stock like canopy growth and get a return of investment of like $1000?

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
is it possible to invest $20 in a stock like canopy growth and get a return of investment of like $1000?
anything is possible, but i seriously doubt that. CGC is trading at $52.74 right now, so $20 wouldn't even buy you a share. even if you got a share, the price would then have to rise to $1053 to get that kind of return.

you could buy some long shot options, but even with a $20 gamble you wouldn't get that kind of return.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Its share price would have to grow by almost 5000%.

Its possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

In 2017 Dominos stock went up 5000% after dropping $3.85 in 2008.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Its share price would have to grow by almost 5000%.

Its possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

In 2017 Dominos stock went up 5000% after dropping $3.85 in 2008.

How the hell did dominos stock rise so high? Their product absolutely sucks. Their commercials suck. Everything about dominos sucks. I dont get it.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
How the hell did dominos stock rise so high? Their product absolutely sucks. Their commercials suck. Everything about dominos sucks. I dont get it.
they're big globally. i thought they revamped their stores and product in like 2010 or something? i remember a commercial where dominos employees or franchise owners were reading some biting customer reviews, shyt like their pizza taste like cardboard and tomato sauce like ketchup, etc. and then they brought those same people in to taste the new pizza and they loved it.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
I dunno, I didn't read the article fully, I was just for an example of a stock rising 5000% to answer homies question.

Hash is right tho, they did revamp a lot of their shyt.

This reminds me Arbys. Down here folks stay sitting on Arbys, but they making mad money. Hell, they just announced they buying Sonic for $1.7B I think.

Tug life

I stay fly like a guillemot
Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
@Tug life are nlst and crmd long term or short term?
Nlst i still have a small position im holding until monday after the settlement conference. Itll take long for them to get the settlement money and they dont have many products profitable right now so im selling on hopefull good news. Crmd im holding long term and have a decent position in it. The stock is perfoming well and the drug has been fast tracked,so it looks very promising. But you can never be too sure. gern looked like a sure bet but share holders got burned when jnj did not continue. I read that some dude lost like $240k :mjcry: i lost 16% of my portfolio today, gern was my largest position. Looking to bounce back though i understand bio and small cap stocks are literally like gambling. Value investing is always a long term hold. With small caps its "buy the rumor sell the news"

Tug life

I stay fly like a guillemot
Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
Im not sure but it looks like they have constant strong earnings we are still in the biggest bull market in history. But i get your point i dont get why its so high I never knew chipotle was $465 a share though :why: I havent ate there yet

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Nlst i still have a small position im holding until monday after the settlement conference. Itll take long for them to get the settlement money and they dont have many products profitable right now so im selling on hopefull good news. Crmd im holding long term and have a decent position in it. The stock is perfoming well and the drug has been fast tracked,so it looks very promising. But you can never be too sure. gern looked like a sure bet but share holders got burned when jnj did not continue. I read that some dude lost like $240k :mjcry: i lost 16% of my portfolio today, gern was my largest position. Looking to bounce back though i understand bio and small cap stocks are literally like gambling. Value investing is always a long term hold. With small caps its "buy the rumor sell the news"

Thanks breh just now getting into investing and your posts have helped a lot.

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
Not sure whats going on with AMD.

Lots of good news articles coming. Lots of new PTs. Intel still having bad news coming out. Even Nvidias last GPU is getting bad reviews.

Im cool w/ the flatline. I need to get my shares up before the next ER.

Noob question, what do you look for in an earnings report?