Anyone buying marijuana stocks?

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Noob question, what do you look for in an earnings report?

From my basic understanding, you just want to see the company surpassing expectations each Q.

Its pretty simple for us to find out, because the word will get out. This will only be the 2nd ER Ive been in, so I really don't know the ends and outs.

AMD killed their 2nd Q ER and the Stock went up 14% the following day. Its expected to do the same this Q. The findings will be released Oct 22-23.

Not sure if you were following FB at the time, but it didn't meet expectations last Q:

Shares were initially down about 9% after hours following the report's release, but the losses accelerated as the company's earnings call proceeded.

Shares plunged 17% in pre-market trading Thursday.

Facebook shares pounded on revenue miss, guidance -- earnings live blog recap

more:

Facebook Stock Crashes On Earnings Call Warning After Revenue Misses

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
From my basic understanding, you just want to see the company surpassing expectations each Q.

Its pretty simple for us to find out, because the word will get out. This will only be the 2nd ER Ive been in, so I really don't know the ends and outs.

AMD killed their 2nd Q ER and the Stock went up 14% the following day. Its expected to do the same this Q. The findings will be released Oct 22-23.

Not sure if you were following FB at the time, but it didn't meet expectations last Q:

Shares were initially down about 9% after hours following the report's release, but the losses accelerated as the company's earnings call proceeded.

more:

:ohhh:

I'm in FB and yeah it's gone down, didn't realize why. I should start paying attention to this.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Noob question, what do you look for in an earnings report?

more:

:ohhh:

I'm in FB and yeah it's gone down, didn't realize why. I should start paying attention to this.

Yea, they had the user data scandal and some other stuff too. Few months ago some other ish was going down where Zuckerberg had to meet w/ the Senate. I didn't follow it that closely.

But

Since Im heavy into AMD and AMD is in the Tech Sector, whenever one of the FAANG stocks (FB, Apple, Amazon Netflix and Google) goes down, it can and has brought the whole sector down w/ it.

And

You never really want the CEO of your company tangling w/ the gov over some negative shyt. See FB earlier this year and Tesla now. They prolly gonna boot Elon outta there.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Where do you generally check earning reports?

They publish the results on their Website and then live stream someone from the company breaking it down.

And if its a big enough company you will see it talked about every where if you visit a lot of financial sites, or watch CNBC, etc

I think the folks that's been investing for a while and know the in's and out's already know before they were released.

Last Q before AMD released their Info, the stock dropped like 4-5 days in a row and I was ready to pull my money out of it. But, everyone on yahoo and stocktwits kept posting about how AMD was going to blow expectations out of the water. So, I stayed and it did and Ive been adding ever since.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
I sold this morning before the big drop (still took a hit of about $450). I read about this company Amarin this morning that did some good shyt with Fish Oil to combat Heart Disease. I sold off NBEV and 100 shares of AMD and got in AMRN at $9s. Its closed at $12.40 today. Right after I bought, it went up $10 and started receiving price targets of $50!

Good read for those interested:

REDUCE-IT™ Cardiovascular Outcomes Study of Vascepa® (icosapent ethyl) Capsules Met Primary Endpoint | Amarin Corporation plc

Some where expecting buyout offers of $50 a share when I bought this morning. Now, some are mention buyout offers of $80-$100.

Hopefully, I can add close to 100 shares Friday.

AMRN is up over 13% today. This Company is going to be on fire fellas. Id say load up, or at least get a few shares before they are presenting at the Cantor Global Healthcare Conference on Wednesday. After this news is made more widespread, I expect this stock to go even higher.

Jumped back into NBEV this morning after reading the DEA "rescheduled" the CBD drug rating. shyts up over 30% today. This is another one, Id say to load up before they introduce their new line up of drinks (Oct. 8th) and/or announce their possible deal with Coke.

My bread and butter, AMD is down 5% after Intel released a memo stating they will be able to meet supply and demand for the rest of the year (I think its BS, but investors don't care what I think...lol). Im still holding strong on AMD as the TAM (Total Addressable Market) is to big for them not to be a major player in 2019 and beyond. IMO, they will still surpass expectation Oct. 23 when the 3rd Q ER is released. As the old saying goes, buy low, sell high.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
AMRN is up over 13% today. This Company is going to be on fire fellas. Id say load up, or at least get a few shares before they are presenting at the Cantor Global Healthcare Conference on Wednesday. After this news is made more widespread, I expect this stock to go even higher.

Jumped back into NBEV this morning after reading the DEA "rescheduled" the CBD drug rating. shyts up over 30% today. This is another one, Id say to load up before they introduce their new line up of drinks (Oct. 8th) and/or announce their possible deal with Coke.

My bread and butter, AMD is down 5% after Intel released a memo stating they will be able to meet supply and demand for the rest of the year (I think its BS, but investors don't care what I think...lol). Im still holding strong on AMD as the TAM (Total Addressable Market) is to big for them not to be a major player in 2019 and beyond. IMO, they will still surpass expectation Oct. 23 when the 3rd Q ER is released. As the old saying goes, buy low, sell high.

Been tryna day trade amrn for 200-500 daily but people at work got me too busy in the AM to even check stocks :mjcry:

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
is it possible to invest $20 in a stock like canopy growth and get a return of investment of like $1000?

only if you get in early on something very new.... exampled if you invested 6 cents in bitcoin you could've sold that for 250K last year..

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Been tryna day trade amrn for 200-500 daily but people at work got me too busy in the AM to even check stocks :mjcry:

I try to do a lil bit of that my self. I work nights, so I read all I can at work and when I get off I make a move when warranted.

Back in July, I read about a Company called Black Box that just announced they had been contracted to build a Data Center over a HUGE company. I think this was on a Friday, because over the next few days, folks figured out it was Facebook!

So, the Sunday night into Monday morning when I was working, my thought was, I could put everything I had into Black Box, watch it explode, sell, take my profits and put my money back into my account and invest the rest.

Long story short, I said fukk all that! But I did put $5K into BBOX that morning and that shyt jumped up 27% that day! I was happy w/ what I made, but I was still like damn, what could have been.

PhillyzFinest

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The good brehs of PHI
I am, I have over 50 shares of Aurora Cannabis (ACBFF). Got in at $8 per now it's hovering at $10. When Canada legalizes weed Oct. 17 I expect the stock to jump to $15 minimum. I'm thinking more like $20. That would be phenomenal. They're calling this the Berkshire Hathaway of cannabis stocks so you know I'm IN. :mjgrin:

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
should've bought last night when it was at $5 smh, I think this shyt might takeoff