Anyone a Plumber, Electrician, Carpenter, Mechanic on here? - Official Skilled Trades Thread

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
Both. Commercial is good bc udont have people breathing down your neck but u have to wait a while for your money. Resi is better bc u get paid right away but u have to pet the dog.
I do service and repair now a days btw.

Gotcha breh... Im guessing I'll eventually have to make the switch from commercial to residential to get a good understanding of it, or is it something that by doing commercial long enough, it would be an easy transition? I really want to be well rounded in all areas of the trade.

I gotta homie thats doing AC and wants to get a contractors license and wants to link up later down the line to do something with that. So if we can both get our licenses I think we can make some moves.....

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Gotcha breh... Im guessing I'll eventually have to make the switch from commercial to residential to get a good understanding of it, or is it something that by doing commercial long enough, it would be an easy transition? I really want to be well rounded in all areas of the trade.

I gotta homie thats doing AC and wants to get a contractors license and wants to link up later down the line to do something with that. So if we can both get our licenses I think we can make some moves.....
My advice is for now stay in new construction but move from commercial to resi if possible. Residential new construction will give u a more rounded understanding of how supply and dwv works. Commercial guys get stuck on a few tasks for years and never grow.
After two years in nc GTFO of that and go into service. Work for a service company for a few years until u can get your journeymens lic. Move from company to company til u get your masters then go out on your own.
Don’t be loyal to ANY company. Fuk loyalty in these trades. Go for self. Get your masters by any means necessary.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its a two year process. Start off as an apprentice for a company for two years and then you get the hard plastic ID from the city. Atleast here in Miami. I don't know how it is anywhere else. I love my company because as an apprentice I wasn't being babied and fukking had to be some little tool caddy for a master tech. They gave me my own truck and told me to figure that shyt out. I'm now one of the master techs at my company. Only thing left for me is to master opening and repairing safes :leostare: that one's going to be hard.
Did you have a general grasp of it before you started the apprenticeship? Do you think one could go into it blind from scratch?

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
My advice is for now stay in new construction but move from commercial to resi if possible. Residential new construction will give u a more rounded understanding of how supply and dwv works. Commercial guys get stuck on a few tasks for years and never grow.
After two years in nc GTFO of that and go into service. Work for a service company for a few years until u can get your journeymens lic. Move from company to company til u get your masters then go out on your own.
Don’t be loyal to ANY company. Fuk loyalty in these trades. Go for self. Get your masters by any means necessary.

:wow: Man appreciate the game breh. Out in the field it’s hard to ask certain questions like these without getting the side eye so I try to keep my plans under wraps

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
:wow: Man appreciate the game breh. Out in the field it’s hard to ask certain questions like these without getting the side eye so I try to keep my plans under wraps
:myman: Yezzir that lets me know u really in it. Don’t even ask these questions to ppl on the job. They can’t wait to turn on u. Just be a good “company man” until ur ready to make your next move in silence. Nobody wants a self thinker working for them. They want a worker bee that has low ambition.
This is why we need more brehs in the trades bc trust me cacs ARE having these conversations with eachother when we’re not around.

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
I like threads like these. These typa jobs all i knew growing up. Glad yall making money from them still.

Only my second post on this site and I've been on here forever, but if any of you guys are in NYC this is a great opportunity if you get in and follow through with it. Figured I'd post it for those who may be interested. If someone already mentioned it sorry for double posting

https://www.jibei.org/media/1658/apprentice-recruitment-letter.pdf

Take this opp brehs. My boy had this. He flaked out cuz he couldnt handle “the beast coast” anymore but he moves furniture now and woulda been a journeyman electrician by now making 50 an hr.

I was in adm part of this union. Best job i ever had. Shoulda stayed.

:myman: Yezzir that lets me know u really in it. Don’t even ask these questions to ppl on the job. They can’t wait to turn on u. Just be a good “company man” until ur ready to make your next move in silence. Nobody wants a self thinker working for them. They want a worker bee that has low ambition.
This is why we need more brehs in the trades bc trust me cacs ARE having these conversations with eachother when we’re not around.
This is the truth. NEVER tell anyone what ya plans are at work. My cousin lost every perk he had at his current job just for telling a guy he was thinking of taking a different job in future. Told his boss and he HAD to take new job. He was only thinking out loud and they fukked em.

Last edited:

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
What :skip:
You have to pay to become a CNA. You can’t just go to any medical field without paying for some type of training

You can join a trade union & get trained for free WHILE GETTING PAID.
It’s that simple breh? Just join a trade union and get put on :ohhh:

Im an EMT rn but I need to make more money...I’ve heard good things about welding but I have no idea where to start

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It’s that simple breh? Just join a trade union and get put on :ohhh:

Im an EMT rn but I need to make more money...I’ve heard good things about welding but I have no idea where to start

yea just join your local union, or a non-union company looking for apprentices and put your hours in.

where do you stay?