Anyone a Plumber, Electrician, Carpenter, Mechanic on here? - Official Skilled Trades Thread

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
No doubt we’ll for now ur only communicating with ppl in your respective trade so ofcourse ur going to hear things like “every (insert anytrade) wants to really be an electrician.” And that’s good ur suppose to think ur the best.
I don’t want to discourage u if you’re green by talking about trade rivalries. Any brehs (presuming you’re black by your name) in a specialized trade is a good thing. Just gatdamn stick it out and get fukking licensed :damn:
:youngsabo: If u get sick of 4-5 other electricians bumping into u bc it’s really a 1-2 man task.. be a giant amongst men, fuk with some plumbing.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Plumbing all day dog. Electricians are gay.
lies :ufdup: been a plumber for 20 years never heard one say he wanted to be a sparky. Plumbing is the king of the trades.
:mjlit: Let’s fight!

Real talk all y’all barking up the wrong tree. If u want the real paper get into HVAC. There’s a reason u can’t buy hvac materials at Home Depot.
Remember what uncle Cheek told u: HVAC

Wait explain that, why can't you buy HVAC materials at Home Depot?

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Wait explain that, why can't you buy HVAC materials at Home Depot?
Because the guys up top saw the writing on the wall and didn’t sell out their trade. When u need your air conditioner fixed, u have to call a guy (or a company) that has an account at specialized suppliers for those parts. And not very many of these suppliers will sell to an average homeowner.
They fukked the plumbing and electrical trades when they started selling all these parts at hd, lowes, ace etc.

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
Because the guys up top saw the writing on the wall and didn’t sell out their trade. When u need your air conditioner fixed, u have to call a guy (or a company) that has an account at specialized suppliers for those parts. And not very many of these suppliers will sell to an average homeowner.
They fukked the plumbing and electrical trades when they started selling all these parts at hd, lowes, ace etc.

How far in are you with plumbing? Im 8 months in (apprentice)...

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
If you talking about @cheek100 , You talking to a Plumbing legend breh :wow:
I don't know much about instrumentation.. never did it in my trade.

all I know is I wish I did, they get paid a lot more and are more sought after.

I think it's just extra study, a bit more than being a regular electrician. my friend is dumb as shyt and he's got it, so it can't be that much harder