anybody ever think about quitting their job with nothing lined up?

Patriarch

#straightblackpride
Daps
Made a thread on this a few months ago. Bluffed and told them I had something lined up and if they didn't cut the check id quit.. got a huge raise.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Dunkin Donuts:snoop:

Im ashamed to work here and need to find a better job but don't really know people because i know you need connections and shyt.

dont feel ashamed man. milllions would kill just to have a job.. dont let your job define who you are.. we both know your alot more than just a worker @ dunkin donuts..and im sure everyone who knows you feels the same

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Felt like it? Thought about it?

I've DONE IT more than three times in my life, all minimum wage or low skilled labor type jobs though.

ElChapin

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NY
I am going through this situation now but I sorta had a plan. I resigned in December cause I could not take working in the field I was at. Hated going in and looked forward to my lunch hour all day just to get away from those people. Despised everyone and the work was getting to me cause it was so deadline driven. However I was making more money than I ever had in the past so that kept me from just walking out, but before I resigned I saved a little bit, decided to finish school and took my final 3 classes this spring and just graduated 6 weeks ago. Took me two months to get interviews with great companies and have received two offers in two ideal situations that would set me up in the long term no matter which I choose. The pay is great and will only increase(will make about 13K more). I took a chance, but the way I looked at it was if my job was making my life miserable then I would rather be miserable at home.

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a bit of a situation that I could use some adivce on

Im currently working at this place on a 4 week trial basis which should have led to paid employment (education related job). I have just finished week 3. Last week I had an interview at this other place who was offering me the same work but with pay straight away. Me being the fool I am told them about my situation at the current workplace :snoop:. I thought it would be good in the sense that it would show that Im not desperate.

The interview went well and the guy said he would get back to me this week but he hasnt. And now it is looking like my 4 week trial at the current place wont materialize into anything.

What shall I do? Shall I get into contact with the new place to follow up on my application or shall I just leave it?

Genome

Pro
Supporter
Daps
dont feel ashamed man. milllions would kill just to have a job.. dont let your job define who you are.. we both know your alot more than just a worker @ dunkin donuts..and im sure everyone who knows you feels the same
Yeah man it has to get better :wow:

Nighthawk

All Star
Daps
Don't quit right away. See if you can get some hours off your schedule first. Maybe you just need to work less.

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood
Every week I have to resist picking up my MacBook and braining someone with it. But they got me right now. Hugely profitable company, room for advancement, good vacation, good benefits, good pay but I'd love to work somewhere that doesn't expect a 50+ hour workweek from me while some fukk next to me leaves 5:00 and i regularly catch dozing off. I'm lucky to earn as much as I do but after years of working for myself this office shyt is killing me softly.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I almost did in may, I been workin at walmart for the last 2 years,and im in school for computer science, im a jr. man just got tired of dumb ass people and trash ass pay. So I went to my personal person and told her I wanted to put a 2 weeks notice in, but she wouldnt let me, they value me as a worker, but its a tough situation, cause me being in school full time means I cant work fulltime, so the pay for the most part is trash, so she didnt let me put the 2 weeks notice in, she just got me to take a leave and used vacation hours I didnt even have for 2 weeks, guess I just needed to clear my head, cause since I came back I been good, but I know ima feel that way again around september when layaway come back

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
nikka getting 300+ week for not doing shyt :beli:

Bsmitty156

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
DO OR DIE
just saying "fukk it" and quitting....?

Yea. I had a job I liked as far as what I did and the people but I just went radical and took that leap of faith. I quit in my last college semester as an English major, sent in my job resignation letter and just went into zen mode.

My life's better for it. I do real estate now my own hours and always did freelance writing online for a few hundred here and there. No rent cuz I already had subtenants paying the rent and just free time to explore my passions. Life is for living. It helps that I had someone with same mindset though cuz finding people who aren't wrapped up in societal expectations is rough.

• Dap
Reactions: DrX