anybody ever think about quitting their job with nothing lined up?

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Sometimes life rewards you when you take risks.

I had a job a while back, 10 dollars and hour PART TIME, pushing mail and boxes on a cart around an 16 floor office building for 60+ year old rich cacs. I hated that fukkin job. Everyday I was miserable. Just the looks of disgust they gave me on a daily basis made me feel subhuman. My manager was black and he was like fukkin super c00n. He'd make Uncle Ruckus look like Malcolm X. Dude was on some "clean your area!" "look nice!" "they're [cacs] coming!" shyt. We had to wear uniforms and basically kiss ass for pittance. Went on a few interviews, nothing. Couldnt apply for anything else because cell phone usage wasnt allowed at work. By the time I got home, job postings were up for hours and that fukked up my flow obviously. My go to move was to always send in an app for a job in the first 30 seconds that it was online.

One day, I saw this great job. A job that would put me at 40k+ full time for basically browsing the internet. Went into the handicapped bathroom with my phone and applied. My five star embellishing skills got me a call from the recruiter in about two days. I was at work, lifting this heavy ass box for this fukkin annoying cac. I put the box down, left the floor to talk to the recruiter. After I finished speaking with the recruiter, my manager and the cac saw me with my phone in my hand when I came back and they flipped the fukk out. The cac suggested that my manager confiscate my phone and dock my pay. He agreed. As he walked towards me to do so, I quit. Right there on the spot.

Instantly felt like shyt when I got home. How will I pay these bills? How will I eat? Luckily, a week later, after my 12th pack of Chicken flavored Top Ramen, I went on the interview and got offered the 40k+ full time gig.

great for you. You do have to take chances at times, and it might look bad for a while, but it gets better most of the time with work.

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
I'm at the point now, where I feel like stealing shyt from my job..I hate it..I know I could make an extra $50 a week doing it..it's under the table anyway..and I bring a backpack to work..

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
get fired homie...........

at least you can get unemployment checks while u figure out what ur going to do next

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i feel like quitting my blue collar job so i can have the time to go back to college to get a degree.

Genome

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I think about it a lot. I work at a chain fast food restaurant and been here for 5 years and I hate it. I dont know how to find a better job. Ima get my associates degree in this december though. I got only 2 more classes to take/pass until I get it though.

LordFendiMane

Banned
Daps
I do that or get fired all the time for saying crazy sh1t to people and I always find another gig. I have actually never got a job paying less than the last. I just can't go to work and not speak my mind and I damn sure couldn't imagine going to a job I hate everyday. Life is too short to be doing something you don't like and it kills your soul little by little everyday. I see people get talked to crazy by muhfukkas and then come to me like, "I would have ... If I didn't have to ..." Fukk that!

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stack some bread first. Work is "better" when you set some financial goals for yourself. My job sucks most days of the week but I want to pay off my debt more than I want to do anything else so I always keep that at the forefront of my mind. If I wake up and don't want to go to work I just think about how much more debt I have and it typically motivates me.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
even tho I would never do it, the thought regularly crosses my mind on those days I am waking up at 5:30 am. especially if it is on a morning after I had a few drinks.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My job gives me a 25% discount on insurance and 20% on my cellphone bill.

Supervisors irritate me but I just do me. If they really get to me I just call out for a day. It helps when your s/o works. We both making 11+ an hour

LordFendiMane

Banned
Daps
My job gives me a 25% discount on insurance and 20% on my cellphone bill.

Supervisors irritate me but I just do me. If they really get to me I just call out for a day. It helps when your s/o works. We both making 11+ an hour
Is that $11/hr? If so, how in the fukk do yall live making meager funds like that? I ain't tryin to sh1t on you either homie...

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is that $11/hr? If so, how in the fukk do yall live making meager funds like that? I ain't tryin to sh1t on you either homie...
Lol I'm at 14. I don't know but we live more than comfortably. I guess we just lucky. I think in general ppl just don't know how to manage their money. Plus I do side jobs which is anout an extra 600 to 800 a month. Two years ago me and my girl made about 52k together. If u struggling while make that, u deserve ur fate.

I'm not trying to emulate my favorite rappers lifestyle

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sometimes life rewards you when you take risks.

I had a job a while back, 10 dollars and hour PART TIME, pushing mail and boxes on a cart around an 16 floor office building for 60+ year old rich cacs. I hated that fukkin job. Everyday I was miserable. Just the looks of disgust they gave me on a daily basis made me feel subhuman. My manager was black and he was like fukkin super c00n. He'd make Uncle Ruckus look like Malcolm X. Dude was on some "clean your area!" "look nice!" "they're [cacs] coming!" shyt. We had to wear uniforms and basically kiss ass for pittance. Went on a few interviews, nothing. Couldnt apply for anything else because cell phone usage wasnt allowed at work. By the time I got home, job postings were up for hours and that fukked up my flow obviously. My go to move was to always send in an app for a job in the first 30 seconds that it was online.

One day, I saw this great job. A job that would put me at 40k+ full time for basically browsing the internet. Went into the handicapped bathroom with my phone and applied. My five star embellishing skills got me a call from the recruiter in about two days. I was at work, lifting this heavy ass box for this fukkin annoying cac. I put the box down, left the floor to talk to the recruiter. After I finished speaking with the recruiter, my manager and the cac saw me with my phone in my hand when I came back and they flipped the fukk out. The cac suggested that my manager confiscate my phone and dock my pay. He agreed. As he walked towards me to do so, I quit. Right there on the spot.

Instantly felt like shyt when I got home. How will I pay these bills? How will I eat? Luckily, a week later, after my 12th pack of Chicken flavored Top Ramen, I went on the interview and got offered the 40k+ full time gig.
Props., u hung in there tuff

Last edited:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think about it a lot. I work at a chain fast food restaurant and been here for 5 years and I hate it. I dont know how to find a better job. Ima get my associates degree in this december though. I got only 2 more classes to take/pass until I get it though.

Good luck FAM. Keep pushing

Last edited:
Daps
not with kids I don't.. I don't even contemplate that shyt cuz I got people that depend on me.

even tho I would never do it, the thought regularly crosses my mind on those days I am waking up at 5:30 am. especially if it is on a morning after I had a few drinks.

:patrice: