anybody ever think about quitting their job with nothing lined up?

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
great for you. You do have to take chances at times, and it might look bad for a while, but it gets better most of the time with work.
U right...have to gamble in life...

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thought about it last year. Got talked out of it by my manager and best friend. They basically said look, you might be ok now but it could take you 6 months to find another position and after 6 months you'll get real cheap real quick. You'll be willing to take a serious pay cut just to have some money coming in and so I decided against it.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I did back in april, 2007....luckily within the 2 week notice a company that I applied and interviewed for a month earlier decided to bring me on...the same company that I am now leaving at the end of today...except this time I had a job lined up before I gave a 2 week notice lol

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
only way i would do it is if i had alot of money stacked up and leavin outta town

WheresWallace

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just saying "fukk it" and quitting....?
I literally have been struggling with this issue this past week. I told my self that I was gonna put in a 1 week notice last week. But I got hesitant so Im tryna see if I can set things up first.

WheresWallace

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sometimes life rewards you when you take risks.

I had a job a while back, 10 dollars and hour PART TIME, pushing mail and boxes on a cart around an 16 floor office building for 60+ year old rich cacs. I hated that fukkin job. Everyday I was miserable. Just the looks of disgust they gave me on a daily basis made me feel subhuman. My manager was black and he was like fukkin super c00n. He'd make Uncle Ruckus look like Malcolm X. Dude was on some "clean your area!" "look nice!" "they're [cacs] coming!" shyt. We had to wear uniforms and basically kiss ass for pittance. Went on a few interviews, nothing. Couldnt apply for anything else because cell phone usage wasnt allowed at work. By the time I got home, job postings were up for hours and that fukked up my flow obviously. My go to move was to always send in an app for a job in the first 30 seconds that it was online.

One day, I saw this great job. A job that would put me at 40k+ full time for basically browsing the internet. Went into the handicapped bathroom with my phone and applied. My five star embellishing skills got me a call from the recruiter in about two days. I was at work, lifting this heavy ass box for this fukkin annoying cac. I put the box down, left the floor to talk to the recruiter. After I finished speaking with the recruiter, my manager and the cac saw me with my phone in my hand when I came back and they flipped the fukk out. The cac suggested that my manager confiscate my phone and dock my pay. He agreed. As he walked towards me to do so, I quit. Right there on the spot.

Instantly felt like shyt when I got home. How will I pay these bills? How will I eat? Luckily, a week later, after my 12th pack of Chicken flavored Top Ramen, I went on the interview and got offered the 40k+ full time gig.
Good story. What was the job type. Do you still do it. I wouldn't mind browsing the internet for $40K.

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
You wouldn't hate your job so much, if you actually had a goal with your money.

that be the problem wit nikkas right there

nikkas dont know how to stack plus they aint got no type of goals to do shyt wit it

nikkas just be gettin paid to live

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
my first sales job at a high end furniture store

ridiculous expectations for overpriced bullshyt and snotty managers constantly advising how to approach customers and sales pitch

i just said fukk it...got my bonus and never stepped foot in that place.....luckily i was living with my peoples at the time

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I've been tempted to plenty of times. My big issue is I can't give up the money or I'm just not willing to. All the comparable jobs I've seen pay 10 or 20 less than what I'm making now. Plus I know after being out of work for too long I know I'd get desperate and end up in another shytty situation out of that desperation.