anybody ever think about quitting their job with nothing lined up?

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
@Kenyan West What job paid you to browse the web for $40K, what is the job description?

Yo, I'm a purchasing and tracking assistant at a major company (won't say which), make 43k a year (been here 8 years), and I sometimes can go a week without shyt to do. My boss comes and goes as he pleases and is just biding his time til retirement, so he's like :manny:. I've stacked up enough to bread to survive a year without income. REALLY considering quitting and doing whatever internships I can get, paid or not, as long as they're productive. Bought to make that move next year. My lease is up next Sept so worst comes to worst, I'll just move back home :lolbron:

BossMobb

Knewgoat the novel every Black American should own
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
I quit my job 7 years ago with no back up plan. From a stress standpoint best decision I ever made but it did set me back for a year bc I had to start @ entry level in a new company.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea. I had a job I liked as far as what I did and the people but I just went radical and took that leap of faith. I quit in my last college semester as an English major, sent in my job resignation letter and just went into zen mode.

My life's better for it. I do real estate now my own hours and always did freelance writing online for a few hundred here and there. No rent cuz I already had subtenants paying the rent and just free time to explore my passions. Life is for living. It helps that I had someone with same mindset though cuz finding people who aren't wrapped up in societal expectations is rough.
im ready to get into real estate.....any tips for a beginner ?

Bsmitty156

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
DO OR DIE
im ready to get into real estate.....any tips for a beginner ?

It depends on the city. NYC real estate is a whole different beast than other cities. The demand is so high that its hard too completely fail.
If you're in a smaller city and sales will be your thing definitely save up first. It takes a while per deal. Network now for contacts later. Although I couldn't imagine real estate in a non major city being worth the work. I could be wrong though.

Daps
Well the club I was working at is moving and the other club won't be ready till Nov/Dec so I'm SOL. :sadbron:

kingdizzy01

ATXBBOY
Daps
Reppin
ATX x Jersey Devil x Little Caribbean/Flatbush MF
Can you quit and get unemployment? Or can you moving and get unemployment?

in texas, it has to be thru no fault of your own. if there is work available, and you just quit, then no you wont. if they let you go because you just couldnt do the work, then maybe. if you get let go for stealing, then no. but they only ask you who the last person you worked for was. and if i washed my friends dishes for $10, and thats all the work there was to do, then i was let go thru no fault of my own :lolbron:

WheresWallace

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo, I'm a purchasing and tracking assistant at a major company (won't say which), make 43k a year (been here 8 years), and I sometimes can go a week without shyt to do. My boss comes and goes as he pleases and is just biding his time til retirement, so he's like :manny:. I've stacked up enough to bread to survive a year without income. REALLY considering quitting and doing whatever internships I can get, paid or not, as long as they're productive. Bought to make that move next year. My lease is up next Sept so worst comes to worst, I'll just move back home :lolbron:
Similar position. I can survive for about a year and a few months if I was to leave today. My job is taxing tho. Stressfull, and on top of that, I dont even like it which makes it more draining.

If I had your job, I would use all that idle time to start my own business. Keep getting paychecks while the business grows and once it is profitable...quit the 9-5 gig.

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
I did this last year....but only had 3 months savings instead of the recommended 6. Car broke down about 3 months after I quit and the rest is history (28% reference) :sadcam:

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
Did it once. It was around tax season and i had some money saved up. Job became unbearable to the point where you wake up and laying bed contemplating going, then you drive there and sit in your car for a while contemplating on going in, and on your off days you hope a fire took the whole building out. I walked in and got told some bullshyt and just left.

It puts you in a weird place cause now all you have is free time but you cant really spend money like that cause you have no idea where your next check is coming from. I got caught up with going out on dates with chicks that i didnt have time for before and hangouts i didnt wasnt able to make cause of work. When you're unemployed with money in the bank little things are a drain 30 dollars in gas was supposed to last me a week and 20-30 was supposed to buy groceries. I had to make serious cutbacks but I wasn't turning down them dates and hangouts. Chick comes over, you gotta have liquor and shyt she'll like so your grocery bill jumps or you hang out with your boys and buy a drink with 5 that came out your gas money. Most people do the worst thing ever and start using their credit card now you have another bill and no job.

It took me two months to get a decent job again but i was honestly half-assing filling out applications and sending resumes cause I didnt just want a job to have a job. I wanted one that I really liked and could enjoy and I was living like I was rich using money I shouldve been saving while living like a hermit. By the time I got the call for an interview at the job i eventually got I was ebaying and craiglisting any and everything I couldn't justifying needing but I have a bunch of good memories of when I was unemployed though. Beaches,broads, not having to be anywhere but eating ramen, peanut butter and jelly,water and eggs everyday wasnt cool.

Anyway thats my experience. I wouldnt tell you to stay at a job you hate but is the job stress worse than the stress of not having money incoming to you?
:deadmanny:

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
I'm getting ready to quit and leave the dc, take a break back home. Unemployment really would help, even though my savings and in good standings and I stand to do really well with the sell of my house.

I really don't want to quit, any ideas?

Double J

Banned
Daps
not with kids I don't.. I don't even contemplate that shyt cuz I got people that depend on me.

Bad move bruh.

unless somebody calls you a ******.

I've done that and I don't recommend it. At least get a part time gig or something before you do.

I do it frequently...

But then i realize its a stupid idea

Don't do it man :damn:

At least get them to let you go:mjpls:. You want that unemployment check option.

Don't have that luxury.
Damn the man got all y'all shook to death of quitting your jobs :whew:

Wage slavery at it's finest :wow:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good to have a trade or skill to do a side job. Makes quitting ur job that much easier as long as you willing to grind to find clientele that needs ur service. You be surprise what simple stuff America will pay you to

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I learned from that mistake years ago.

Better to just hold on until you get another job offer, then you can flip the bird to your boss (not literally obviously).

Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party
There are times i can't stand my job but I've gotten so comfortable its hard to leave. Good pay, good benefits, 3 weeks vacay + sick days. October makes 10 yrs here, so I'll get another week of vacation when I hit that mark. I stroll in late all the time, boss doesnt care, and a chill on the coli most of the day.