:dead:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
honestly
like 8 years ago I had like 500 fb friends and I knew eveyone personally, I had like 150 phone contacts, hell when I was getting married there would have been like 300 poeple at the wedding and I had like 5 groomsmen

now?
:heh: don't have fb, have like 7 people in my phone, if I was getting married would prob just be my dad , bro in law and 2 close brehs and ask two cousins I don't even talk to .

but I enjoy my life better now than back then, dont care about freinds, got my close family and few brehs

I remember when I was in the hospital battling a illness and all my freinds dindt even care to visit thats when I cut most of em off, then when I had my car accident yet again snipped
got rid of facebook and :ehh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
lol it's not like I'm a coward or I find life too hard....I just feel my life holds no significance in this world, I have not made an impact in life, so why am I here?

were all going to die one day, why spoil what's gong to take us

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Part of it is that some of us have different standards for friends. For me if I have an emergency at like 2 or 3 in the morning, if I can't call you in the middle of the night knowing you'll have my back I can't consider you a friend. For some people if they know somebody else's name they consider them a friend. My ex was like that. She would talk about having soooo many friends yet she had to pay to catch a catch from the airport that was an hour and a half away.

I have no friends where I live at due to moving away from where I've lived all my life and knowing nobody here. Plus I work from home and used to travel nonstop so that made it hard building up a social circle. I have only a couple close friends I talk to on the regular. One of my absolute closest just grew apart from and lost contact and one I text with on the regular but never see.

Sucks too cause I'm an extremely social person that used to be out doing something 4 or 5 nights a week to being a homebody now due to not having that social circle. Be extra nice just having somebody to hit up NBA games with.

it sucks to the older you get the harder it is to make friends.

ah well

I do notice its mostly women who have a bunch of friends anyways. Chicks will meet someone once and consider them their friend

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
it sucks to the older you get the harder it is to make friends.

ah well

I do notice its mostly women who have a bunch of friends anyways. Chicks will meet someone once and consider them their friend
I almost died laughing tonight considering this thread. My ex came over tonight and was talking about how she just took a trip and was talking about how she had a great time and was able to make a bunch of new friends in a place she was at for 2 days.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Nah, not really, there are people I know that I speak with in email/text sporadically but they aren't real friends I'd count on for anything or confide in but I'll refer to them as friends when I talk about them. They are acquaintances more than anything else to be honest, most of my current friends are just people I know through my wife, or my sisters husband and I don't really chill with any of them.

I used to have 2 close friends, but I was a better friend to them than they were to me, so I just stopped dealing with them altogether after a certain incident cost me some money. After that I figured it was a waste to devote time to people that aren't bound by blood. I've always been more of a loner, even on the basketball team I got the rap of being a quiet dude that would sit by himself, sometimes I'd join team activities, most of the time I wouldn't.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I almost died laughing tonight considering this thread. My ex came over tonight and was talking about how she just took a trip and was talking about how she had a great time and was able to make a bunch of new friends in a place she was at for 2 days.

:heh: yep
chicks start a new job adds everyone to fb their now friends, chick goes on vacay they are now friends.

My ex used to be the same, my friend this my friend that and I would always say so why don't you ask them for a ride home? how come when your appendix burst and you were int eh hospital none of your "friends" came to visit? These people don't care about you at all

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Nah, not really, there are people I know that I speak with in email/text sporadically but they aren't real friends I'd count on for anything or confide in but I'll refer to them as friends when I talk about them. They are acquaintances more than anything else to be honest, most of my current friends are just people I know through my wife, or my sisters husband and I don't really chill with any of them.

I used to have 2 close friends, but I was a better friend to them than they were to me, so I just stopped dealing with them altogether after a certain incident cost me some money. After that I figured it was a waste to devote time to people that aren't bound by blood. I've always been more of a loner, even on the basketball team I got the rap of being a quiet dude that would sit by himself, sometimes I'd join team activities, most of the time I wouldn't.

yep I'm the same, sometimes my phone goes days without even a beep unless my mom or sister call or text and shrugs . I love my solitude, why I enjoy travelling on my own.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
:heh: yep
chicks start a new job adds everyone to fb their now friends, chick goes on vacay they are now friends.

My ex used to be the same, my friend this my friend that and I would always say so why don't you ask them for a ride home? how come when your appendix burst and you were int eh hospital none of your "friends" came to visit? These people don't care about you at all
Part of why we broke up at one point was because we was dating long distance and she got into a car accident. She said she had to call her ex for a ride at which point I asked about all these friends she has. She mentioned that he was the only person she knows who knows how to get to the area that she lives.

But this loner life sucks at times like these. I broke my ankle a couple days ago playing ball, back where I lived I'd have all kinds of people willing to help me out by bringing me meals or picking up shyt I need. Here I got to fend for self.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Part of why we broke up at one point was because we was dating long distance and she got into a car accident. She said she had to call her ex for a ride at which point I asked about all these friends she has. She mentioned that he was the only person she knows who knows how to get to the area that she lives.

But this loner life sucks at times like these. I broke my ankle a couple days ago playing ball, back where I lived I'd have all kinds of people willing to help me out by bringing me meals or picking up shyt I need. Here I got to fend for self.

always in a time of need "friends" nowhere to be found :sas2:

I used to hate it but loneliness is only a state of mind, 12 days going another trip 3,000 miles away just for 4 days by myself