BasedPrime

Xbox Woe
Daps
mjdogpet-gif.4740

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I chose to move away from my friends for better job (and life) opportunities.

I'm nerdy, but I still want to do things like: go to Vegas and travel overseas. And I don't even know what else. Even if we had taken a road trip or something during the time we all lived in the same town. Or left the suburbs more often. But a lot of my friends are frugal unless they're spending on something nerd\video game related. Or they're in such poor financial positions now that it'd be stupid to bring up any of these big ideas. Even when a couple of them were doing pretty good, they don't seem to have much interest in the world outside of their bubble.

What do you do when your friend is unemployed, lives at home rent free at age 27? Meanwhile, me and some other friends of his could easily get him a job in retail. We got years of connections with the company. But he got an associates degree in business and expects a career with no internship and only some seasonal work experience at the mall?
:dahell:

Or what about my other friend, Mike. He's my best friend... until they're are women around. It's like he feels threatened. So, he'll make jokes at another man's expense and just simp like crazy. He's a really funny guy too. And it's not like I'm all swagged out and am blessed with game. So, it's like he lives in fear. Maybe he'd keep the relationships with women going if he showed just an ounce of ambition. Be 29, empty your retirement savings, so you can keep living in your parents' basement playing video games, brehs. He got into retail during high school and stuck with it for years. And he was so, so close to management too. They would've paid for GED classes too during the 9 years he worked there too. But he cared more about people liking him than his job\making money.

Looking back, it's interesting to think that everyone who did something with their lives would slowly stop hanging out and\or move away.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Yeah, I don't understand how some of these dudes function. There's a big difference between keeping your circle small and having no friends at all.

Word. At this point, the people I "deal" with far outnumber my friends because my real Friends are a tight circle people. All these motherfukkas I met after I "made it" are only people who fukk with me because either they have to (work related) or are just part of a social circle that may collide with mine once in a while.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
I moved to a different city so hundreds of miles from the guys i grew up with. Go back now and then but not often. Dont really have friends up here just me and my girl but ill be going back for Christmas and prob chill with them.

Regardless, I'm a one man army. Me against the world but I'm still gonna win in life

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I have 4 legit close friends, that I kick with on the regular, we've know each other for a few years now, we all used to work at the same place, moved on to new jobs, but still kept in contact & made time to chill one another. I still keep in contact with a few of my other friends from college & previous jobs. S/O to the homie @DaPresident

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I chose to move away from my friends for better job (and life) opportunities.

I'm nerdy, but I still want to do things like: go to Vegas and travel overseas. And I don't even know what else. Even if we had taken a road trip or something during the time we all lived in the same town. Or left the suburbs more often. But a lot of my friends are frugal unless they're spending on something nerd\video game related. Or they're in such poor financial positions now that it'd be stupid to bring up any of these big ideas. Even when a couple of them were doing pretty good, they don't seem to have much interest in the world outside of their bubble.

What do you do when your friend is unemployed, lives at home rent free at age 27? Meanwhile, me and some other friends of his could easily get him a job in retail. We got years of connections with the company. But he got an associates degree in business and expects a career with no internship and only some seasonal work experience at the mall?
:dahell:

Or what about my other friend, Mike. He's my best friend... until they're are women around. It's like he feels threatened. So, he'll make jokes at another man's expense and just simp like crazy. He's a really funny guy too. And it's not like I'm all swagged out and am blessed with game. So, it's like he lives in fear. Maybe he'd keep the relationships with women going if he showed just an ounce of ambition. Be 29, empty your retirement savings, so you can keep living in your parents' basement playing video games, brehs. He got into retail during high school and stuck with it for years. And he was so, so close to management too. They would've paid for GED classes too during the 9 years he worked there too. But he cared more about people liking him than his job\making money.

Looking back, it's interesting to think that everyone who did something with their lives would slowly stop hanging out and\or move away.

:damn:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I'm late on this shyt but I ain't got no friends either. Changed my lifestyle and my "friends" fell off the map. I'm cool with not goin out and not havin a man but sometimes I just need somebody to shoot the shyt with :mjcry:

Where you reside exactly? :ehh:

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont actually mind not having a gang of friends:yeshrug:

granted that shyt will dwindle the fuk outta your chances with women:mjcry: