Any Hitchcock fans?

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
The 39 steps is a brilliant movie and we need Hitchcock type movies now

I've still not seen The 39 Steps. Part of me is waiting for a Criterion sale so I can scoop the blu-ray. I want that and The Lady Vanishes :lawd:

And I recommend Side Effects from this year. A very Hitchcockian film imo.

-Quikness-

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quikness, tell me what you have seen and I'll tell you want you need to see.

Also he has some great films that are in b&w.

So far I have seen ..

Vertigo
The birds
Rear window
Dial m for murder
Rope
Frenzy

I guess I'll have to swallow my pride and watch the black and white movies,psycho was only done in black and white,right? I'll be honest I have never watched one before :skip:

@HHM ill check that out,sounds pretty good and it does seem hitchcock'ess with the plot..

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
so far i've watched all the essentials and LOVE em all.

North by Northwest :ohlawd:
Vertigo :lawd:
Rear Window :blessed:
Birds :wow:
Psycho:gladbron:

These movies are far more entertaining than the overblown, action heavy cgi trash we get today.

Next up on que is Rope, Strangers on a Train, Dial M for Murder and Notorious.:myman:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have no interest in his movies but I saw North by Northwest back in 07 and that was piff.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
TCM is doing a Hitchcock marathon today, 'Suspicion' is on right now, 'Strangers On A Train' next, I think. I still stand with 'Frenzy' as one of his most underrated/best movies, which hardly gets any mention.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i've seen about a dozen of his films so far and love all of them except "the man who knew too much"

Strangers on a train might be my favorite even though it doesnt get the love of something like North by northwest. Robert walker gave such an awesome performance as Bruno in that flick. It's a shame he never made another movie after that.

I just saw shadow of a doubt the other day as well and loved it.

I'm gonna peep "the 39 steps" next and probably "suspicion" and "to catch a thief" next as they are his 2 cary grant collabs i haven't seen.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i've seen about a dozen of his films so far and love all of them except "the man who knew too much"

Strangers on a train might be my favorite even though it doesnt get the love of something like North by northwest.

I just saw shadow of a doubt the other day as well and loved it.

I'm gonna peep "the 39 steps" next and probably "suspicion" and "to catch a thief" next as they are his 2 cary grant collabs i haven't seen.

To catch a thief is dope. Haven't seen suspicion

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
To catch a thief is dope. Haven't seen suspicion
you caught me before the edit breh :jawalrus:

but yea i'll peep those 3.. not sure what else i'd wanna watch after that. I don't think i want to see ALL of them as he has too many. i've been told to peep "the lady vanishes" and "frenzy"

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
you caught me before the edit breh :jawalrus:

but yea i'll peep those 3.. not sure what else i'd wanna watch after that. I don't think i want to see ALL of them as he has too many. i've been told to peep "the lady vanishes" and "frenzy"

Frenzy is different. It's definitely him trying to play catch up. I'm in the middle of finishing Rope