Any Hitchcock fans?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Frenzy is different. It's definitely him trying to play catch up. I'm in the middle of finishing Rope
rope was cool but i find it a tad overrated. still worth the watch. Dial M for murder was cool but it literally took me like 5 tries to get past the first few min for some reason.

I love hitch but im not sure how much replay value his films have. I think billy wilder's most classic films have more replay

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
rope was cool but i find it a tad overrated. still worth the watch. Dial M for murder was cool but it literally took me like 5 tries to get past the first few min for some reason.

I love hitch but im not sure how much replay value his films have. I think billy wilder's most classic films have more replay

I'd agree with that. 100%

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
'Frenzy' is a must watch, 'Suspicion' is great too, just kind of tainted by a weak ending, which was the studios fault….

I'll never forget coming home at like 2:00 am in a stressed out angry mood, and just sat in my couch eating ice cream and hot fritos, turned on TCM, and was about 15 min into 'Frenzy', and then THAT scene unfolded, just unnerved me completely. anyone whose seen the movie knows what I mean, disturbing, dark, suspenseful…'Frenzy' is dark and twisted, but still has trademark Hitchcock pitch black humor...

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Where in the Hitchcock top 10 would you guys put Rope?

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"hitchcock" w/ Anthony Hopkins is a great movie. its about the making of psycho
I was so excited for this, but it was too bland for me:ehh: HBO's The Girl with Sienna Miller was so much better:ld: After seeing how Hitchcock sexually harassed Tipi into quitting acting:damn: I lost alot respect for him:yeshrug: But, no denying his movies are still GOAT:whoa:

cook

Banned
Daps
I was so excited for this, but it was too bland for me:ehh: HBO's The Girl with Sienna Miller was so much better:ld: After seeing how Hitchcock sexually harassed Tipi into quitting acting:damn: I lost alot respect for him:yeshrug: But, no denying his movies are still GOAT:whoa:

i had never heard about those accusations...i just googled it and theres a couple articles that dispute it
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tony-lee-moral/hitchcocks-co-workers-defend_b_2372184.html
http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainme...fred-hitchcock-a-genius-and-gentleman-1782328

anyways, saw to catch a thief tonight. it was good, not what i really expected. most of the hitchcock films i have seen have been suspense and this was more romance and comedy than i had been used to. it was beautifully shot, especially for 1955 and grant and kelly were great together :ehh:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hitchcock was like the original Puffy, awll up in the cameras:takedat:

...but, it was creative and ostentatious the way he intricately place himself in his movies:jawalrus:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i know this is nerdy but i want this to have at work

Alfred-Hitchcock-Wacky-Wobbler-Bobble-Head-01.jpg

mr x

Superstar
Daps

have you seen one,two,three with the homie James Cagney? my favorite wilder flick after witness for the prosecution.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
have you seen one,two,three with the homie James Cagney? my favorite wilder flick after witness for the prosecution.

I can't find any god damn where to see this movie :damn:

mr x

Superstar
Daps
I can't find any god damn where to see this movie :damn:

which one?

witness for the prosecution been on TCM twice within the last little bit. It has good replay value.
one,two,three I have to watch again myself..I don't remember everything..just that it was funny to me and james was at his best..The dialogue:ohlawd:

when you add up his directing achievements and writing achievements Wilder is the GOAT.