Any Brehs Tryna Get Into I.T., Today is Your Chance

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
:lawd:

Just left my current gig for another job making$20/h. The A+ and one year job exp gave me a leg up to get it.

It shows that you have a vested interest in learning as much as possible. Employers like to see you learning in your spare time.

My last job, the A+ helped me because it was a mixture of help desk/ desktop support/ taking about PCs/ and working with old ass XP machines (hospitals don't upgrade often :scusthov:)

But this is still good advice, I would also recommend learning how to Troubleshoot VPNs as well.

You could get the A+ and move on to higher certs after. My last boss didn't give a damn about my A+ :yeshrug:

My new boss asked me when I was getting more :wow:

Yeah I'm trying to learn VPN troubleshooting also and yeah I agree statements

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
:lawd:

Just left my current gig for another job making$20/h. The A+ and one year job exp gave me a leg up to get it.

It shows that you have a vested interest in learning as much as possible. Employers like to see you learning in your spare time.

My last job, the A+ helped me because it was a mixture of help desk/ desktop support/ taking about PCs/ and working with old ass XP machines (hospitals don't upgrade often :scusthov:)

But this is still good advice, I would also recommend learning how to Troubleshoot VPNs as well.

You could get the A+ and move on to higher certs after. My last boss didn't give a damn about my A+ :yeshrug:

My new boss asked me when I was getting more :wow:
And that means you should get more certs ASAP.

You good because you in the door.. But you got to keep improving

Daps
Im mad I got in on this info all late. Im starting from ground zero in terms of computer knowledge. I enrolled in the Google IT course Thursday and Im already finished with Course 1. Ill be finished with the 6 course by end of Feb. Im trying to grind for Help Desk job by the summer.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I didn't want to try to rush through this just to save a few bucks so I told them my student loans were a burden and got the course for free. They're still offering full financial assistance through Feb. 20 if you haven't registered yet.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex