Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
Last edited:

Romey Rome

All Star
Daps
I'm still in limbo right now :francis:

SIIDENOTE::ehh:
Given that you havefinished the GOOGLE I.T. cert I suggest you start on the new cisco cert as well.

Cisco Networking Basics Specialization

Cisco Networking Basics | Coursera

That's my next goto :ufdup:
I didn’t know about it so I planned to look for a help desk support position and get some real life experience.

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
What exactly does this program teach? Like is it SQL, tableau, etc? I apologize in advance if this has been answered already, I haven’t read the previous posts

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
:patrice:
What exactly does this program teach? Like is it SQL, tableau, etc? I apologize in advance if this has been answered already, I haven’t read the previous posts
Nah that's more so DBA(DataBase Administrator) type stuff:jbhmm:

For something like that you would take something like....

Data Warehousing for Business Intelligence Specialization
Harness Business Data. Build a fully-optimized business data warehouse in five courses.
Data Warehousing for Business Intelligence | Coursera

About this Specialization
Evaluate business needs, design a data warehouse, and integrate and visualize data using dashboards and visual analytics.
This Specialization covers data architecture skills that are increasingly critical across a broad range of technology fields. You’ll learn the basics of structured data modeling, gain practical SQL coding experience, and develop an in-depth understanding of data warehouse design and data manipulation. You’ll have the opportunity to work with large data sets in a data warehouse environment to create dashboards and Visual Analytics. You will use of MicroStrategy, a leading BI tool, OLAP (online analytical processing) and Visual Insights capabilities to create dashboards and Visual Analytics. In the final Capstone Project, you’ll apply your skills to build a small, basic data warehouse, populate it with data, and create dashboards and other visualizations to analyze and communicate the data to a broad audience.

The Google cert is a Macro view of the I.T. world. If you are going to...
  • Write software
  • Manage data
  • etc.
That would be kinda specific, the system admin cert is for setting up, maintaining, and securing the environment that the above would work in. It's kind of a catch all high level thing ....though honestly it probably shouldn't be.

That's why at places like college campuses they snatch students to do more mundane tasks.
I've done 7 years lab management in an Engineering I.T. dept at a University and the main system admin responsible for taking care of the servers wasn't running around doing dumb shyt like imaging computers.

There were basically....
  • One SYS Admin managing the server hardware, software packages/updates, security, backups, etc
  • A second SYS Admin running the automation and Active Directory type stuff
  • Finally two A+ type guys for hardware, virus removal, imaging computers, and random one off tasks the SYS Admins weren't about to do.

All the students caught the stuff the A+ guys didn't want to do or were to busy to do.
There were other students who caught some SYS Admin automation stuff(mostly grad students)

All that to say that the SQL / tableau stuff is kinda specific and not really covered in the cert ....though I've not finished the automation course(they separated it from the main course) where SQL could feasibly pop up.:jbhmm:

slikkp

Pro
Daps