Any Brehs Tryna Get Into I.T., Today is Your Chance

Daps
Reppin
London, and Somalia
last day to register for the new certification program GOOGLE launched, called Coursera.

can do a 7 day trial. one of the courses begins Today.
can start at any level, beginner with no background, to System Admin work ,SCCM, etc. I believe its only $49 a month.

Google IT Support Professional Certificate | Coursera
Through a dynamic mix of video lectures, quizzes, and hand-on labs and widgets, this program will introduce you to troubleshooting and customer service, networking, operating systems, system administration, automation, and security.
Get the w.o.a.t out this man name :salute:

Daps
yall complete noobs to this? or got background into this course

dude started talking binary conversions and im lookin for the chart :yeshrug:

rlg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone that is jumping into these courses need to understand that this is to jumpstart your IT career. Like one of the breh's said earlier, you should be thinking about building a PC and installing Windows onto it to give yourself a foundation that will lead to an entry level IT job making $12 - $15 or so.

A year of experience and an AWS, Azure, GCP, CCNA you can easily be in the 50k range EASILY.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I'm an IT recruiter- I try to tell everyone get into Cybersecurity ,also network engineering.

easily said than done for some, gaining direct experience is the problem, lateral promotions is key or having a contact in the department. anything other that goes like this>

Help desk > Desktop support > Sys Admin or Network admin > network engineer > Cybersecurity

You just can't get into Cybersecurity and network engineering like that.

Last edited:

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
Anyone that is jumping into these courses need to understand that this is to jumpstart your IT career. Like one of the breh's said earlier, you should be thinking about building a PC and installing Windows onto it to give yourself a foundation that will lead to an entry level IT job making $12 - $15 or so.

A year of experience and an AWS, Azure, GCP, CCNA you can easily be in the 50k range EASILY.
This

Tiffrock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D.C. ,living in ATL
easily said than done for some, gaining direct experience is the problem, lateral promotions is key or having a contact in the department. anything other that goes like this>

Help desk > Desktop support > Sys Admin or Network admin > network engineer > Cybersecurity

You just can't get into Cybersecurity and network engineering like that.

Yes that's just the path I'd recommend- of course certs and experience takes time

kenreid0726eabos

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey USA
last day to register for the new certification program GOOGLE launched, called Coursera.

can do a 7 day trial. one of the courses begins Today.
can start at any level, beginner with no background, to System Admin work ,SCCM, etc. I believe its only $49 a month.

Google IT Support Professional Certificate | Coursera
Through a dynamic mix of video lectures, quizzes, and hand-on labs and widgets, this program will introduce you to troubleshooting and customer service, networking, operating systems, system administration, automation, and security.

In New Jersey, Is there a affordable education similar to this electronic program in hands on learning?

:yeshrug::jbhmm:

Program: Electronics Technology - Computer Support Technician Technology Concentration 8363, A.S. Career/Tech - Vincennes University - Acalog ACMS™

Capturevin.png

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
how bout 7 days?
It's unlikely according to the class it requires 8 hours a week for 6 months. Do the math. If you do a week's worth of classes every day you can do it in 3 weeks. 2 weeks if you're doing it all day. That's just based off the the time length they gave. I haven't looked at the material so I'm not 100%.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It's unlikely according to the class it requires 8 hours a week for 6 months. Do the math. If you do a week's worth of classes every day you can do it in 3 weeks. 2 weeks if you're doing it all day. That's just based off the the time length they gave. I haven't looked at the material so I'm not 100%.
Thanks for breaking that down. I'm forwarding this along. Doing something else right now but I might run this course at the same time.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thanks for breaking that down. I'm forwarding this along. Doing something else right now but I might run this course at the same time.
Remember, this is teaching the foundations people can build on. Even foundations are valuable especially when it's being teached by arguably the greatest tech company. The end-goal in IT is to specialize and that comes later on.