Any Brehs Tryna Get Into I.T., Today is Your Chance

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Go look up the courses this cert includes. This new Google IT cert is basically the equivalent of the combination of the A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL foundation, some Linux+, & some MTA certs PLUS learning how to script in all 1 cert. This cert is basically the equivalent of getting an IT AAS degree or undergraduate cert from a community college/JUCO.

:ohhh:

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
It's not too hard so far u just have to pay attention. they give lil pop up questions during the videos to make sure your paying attention. I haven't taken any real classes outside of some self taught coding last year and I already finished the first 2 weeks and got A's on both weeks. Did the first week in 2 sittings and just did the 2nd week (4.5 hours) in about 2 hours just now in 1 sitting. I know its gonna get harder than this but I don't have any real knowledge or experience in this and I'm kinda feeling like if I pay attention I can do this. good luck breh! :salute: to OP for puttin us on
Go look up the courses this cert includes. This new Google IT cert is basically the equivalent of the combination of the A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL foundation, some Linux+, & some MTA certs PLUS learning how to script in all 1 cert. This cert is basically the equivalent of getting an IT AAS degree or undergraduate cert from a community college/JUCO.
:ehh:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Where do I find how to contact them to say this?

I didn't want to try to rush through this just to save a few bucks so I told them my student loans were a burden and got the course for free. They're still offering full financial assistance through Feb. 20 if you haven't registered yet.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Do you recommend a specific course on umedy for the A+?

I feel like most help desk jobs would like to see an A+. Some will hire you without it but you might have to express why you can do the job without an A+. Best way use to study online through Udemy, Lynda, Pluralsight. Then go take the test. You can find playlists on YouTube too.

slikkp

Pro
Daps

If brehs grab a bullshyt help desk job and spent 1 year doing this. Then another year getting a CCNA, RHCSA or MCSA they have a clear 2 year path to being a systems/network admin.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I'm confused, in here they're saying to get into helpdesk with this, but can't you get in helpdesk with just an A+?

What's the point of doing this if we still get the same position and still have to get certs?

Please explain.

No enterprises repair hardware any more. Half of the A+ is useless. This cert teaches modern entry level IT skills such as monitoring, scripting, file systems manipulation.

This cert prepares you for entry level IT way more than A+.

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
I just passed the 901 going for the 902 this weekend. I guess ill finish this course as well couldnt hurt.

slikkp

Pro
Daps
I'm confused, in here they're saying to get into helpdesk with this, but can't you get in helpdesk with just an A+?

What's the point of doing this if we still get the same position and still have to get certs?

Please explain.

A+ doesn't really provide you with skills needed in helpdesk and beyond. This cert teaches you adding/removing users, monitoring, scripting, basic networking and security. If you know this stuff in a helpdesk interview you would be way more prepared than someone with just A+ knowledge.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

Please explain.

Balla you may land a helpdesk job with a A+ or Coursera cert, all that depends on your experience and schooling also. all helpdesk positions where I live require experience :dwillhuh: The best thing to do is get the knowledge and the certs and find a temp service so they can send you on a job contract, that's the fastest way to get experience

My first IT job was a apple repair tech, a temp service put me on that contract, it sucked musty monkey balls but I did gain experience..